2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Kyle the truck looks great and i dig the black exhaust. Like i mention in my post my exhaust split in half last time i was out driving and I'm fixing it now and i did also get the black mat 1200F paint to paint it and i was little lazy do actually do it as I'm need of the new one as well but looking at your picture give me the motivation to do it. Thx brother.

Im here for you man! I still like the look and no weird fumes or smells from it and since it is already matte finish.. it cant really fade. Too easy

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
By the way, when the sun is washing everything out, you need to bump the shutter speed up a little bit. You might have to do some experimenting, because if your shutter is too fast the foreground will be dark. This is where processing programs like Lightroom come in handy, because you can adjust the highlights and shadows independently.

Shutter speed gotcha. I will be spending a long time figuring this deal out. Thank you for the help. Lightroom... Ill have to check it out. A program meant for that kind of edits would come in very handy.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Little things not worth a photo

So I get bored if Im not tinkering with something and the deck for my boat is still curing so I decided to tinker. It had to total less than $20. So my first stop was to buy a chrome adhesive Wyoming emblem (the cowboy on a bucking horse like on the license plates) and stick that on the grill. This is going to be temporary as I will be getting a hoop with lights up front but for now I think it looks pretty sweet. $7 for that.
`
Round two was something I have been meaning to do for a very long time, but just never got around to it. Well I did finally... All it consisted of was adding turnbuckles and eyebolts to the drawer system to prevent it from moving. The way I made it fits the wheel wells quite well but it could rotate just enough to clunk if I accelerated or stopped suddenly. By using these two turnbuckles, the whole vehicle moves when I am yanking and shoving the drawers. $3 for that. Much better
`
Last thing was to finish my rear passenger area. As some of you may have noticed, I took out the seat bottoms and have just been using the fold flat seat backs as a platform. Well since the seat belts were impossible to get to with the seats folded down, no one could sit there anyways, I decided to make a new platform. I have always had quite a bit of spare boards at my house so I gathered some up, made some measurements and now have a perfectly flat wood surface. No, the platform is not any lower down than the seats so you may be wondering what I gained by doing this. Simply really, versatility. Because the board is supported all along the front, along the rear using the factory seat folding hinge and there are blocks underneath so there is not a lot of empty space the platform does not bend. Plumbers tape is used to secure it in front where the seat bottoms bolted to the subframe. What I can now do is lay some anti skid sheets and place those anchortrax that I am very fond of where-ever they would best work to secure cargo. I can now also place eyebolts at the very front of the platform and remove the grab handles for the passengers and get eyebolts that will fit where those screws were and get a net made as a cargo barrier. Not sure if the barrier will be necessary with cargo but it will be great if I take my dog anywhere. This I may post photos of but it is raining right now so I can quite yet. $4 for the extra can of stain I bought...everything else was already here.
`
$14 later and I am a bit happier to tie up some loose ends.
`
Cheers

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Ohhhhh no!! Is the Pathy okay?

Nope. Glass was destroyed and hood got little dents as well as roof. The roof basket helped protect the roof big time and i had a comforter over these rubber workout pads on the hood so it helped a lot. Glass is getting replaced in like 6 minutes. Ill grab my camera and get some good photos once finished. The previous post was a little over dramatic. The work truck is completely demolished though.

marty1977

Adventurer
Sorry to hear that Mate. Its always something isn't it. I was day dreaming the other day and found this vid, maybe covering the car in the bed liner stuff would make it hail proof. I was pondering how my truck would come out if I would do this.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Nope. Glass was destroyed and hood got little dents as well as roof. The roof basket helped protect the roof big time and i had a comforter over these rubber workout pads on the hood so it helped a lot. Glass is getting replaced in like 6 minutes. Ill grab my camera and get some good photos once finished. The previous post was a little over dramatic. The work truck is completely demolished though.

Well, I guess it could have been a lot worse. I'm sorry to hear about that. Sucks.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Bummer!

A fellow had his Armada bed lined, I think it turned out great. If I recall the build correctly, he had it bedlined because he bought it discounted due to hail damage.

Found it, build page is over on TitanTalk. Gives an idea of how the bedliner stuff (line-X) would look over a large area, and with Nissan lines. Further down on his first page he writes that it wasn't too bad price wise ($2500), and cheaper than fixing the hail damage.

...and it's for sale on the Craigslist-good pictures of it.

Last edited:

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Bummer!

A fellow had his Armada bed lined, I think it turned out great. If I recall the build correctly, he had it bedlined because he bought it discounted due to hail damage.

Found it, build page is over on TitanTalk. Gives an idea of how the bedliner stuff (line-X) would look over a large area, and with Nissan lines. Further down on his first page he writes that it wasn't too bad price wise ($2500), and cheaper than fixing the hail damage.

Hey, it might be fun driving around in a big rubber ball :D

marty1977

Adventurer
Bummer!

If I would do that I would just get few cans of spray on bedliner from a local auto parts store like Duplicolor made with Kevlar :) and spray the car myself it would be a lot less the $2500 but it all depends of who wants what with the results on that Armada it looks great and the home cheap job would probably not look as good.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Oh ya, seems like a lot of $ to me. But not bad compared to a full on regular paint job from a shop though. Looks like the only body panel he replaced was the hood, the rest the line-x covered/blended in.

Any insurance $ for hail?

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Photo Dump

This place is 42 miles away from my house. It is the side of Wyoming I have not posted much. Usually my photos are when I am in the mountain or tighter forest trails. This is open plain country though so here are some pics!
`
IMG_0418 (1).jpg
IMG_0423 (1).jpg
IMG_0424 (1).jpg
IMG_0432 (1).jpg
IMG_0435 (1).jpg
IMG_0436 (1).jpg
IMG_0438 (1).jpg
IMG_0442 (1).jpg
IMG_0455 (1).jpg
IMG_0459 (1).jpg

Forum statistics