2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
The budget I have set is $400 for the kit. One spot pattern and one driving pattern. I have the D2 mounted low as storm lights but wouldn't they look too small on the hoop. Looks aren't the biggest concern but still... I will be making a custom mounting bracket for them that will place them about in the middle of the hoop recessed back so the hoop is further forward.

I don't think they would look bad at all, but I am liking the low profile look of LEDs more and more. I agree that larger lights would probably make it look more impressive and bada$$, so try these: http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/hella/part-type/auxiliary-lights/diameter-in/8-750-in

Big-arsed 8-3/4" Hellas in both beam pattern. $150 each. A lot of Land Rover guys run them as roof lights and they just adore them.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
I don't think they would look bad at all, but I am liking the low profile look of LEDs more and more. I agree that larger lights would probably make it look more impressive and bada$$, so try these: http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/hella/part-type/auxiliary-lights/diameter-in/8-750-in

Big-arsed 8-3/4" Hellas in both beam pattern. $150 each. A lot of Land Rover guys run them as roof lights and they just adore them.

I may go to D's 4WD and clamp the D2's onto the bar to take a look just for sizing purposes. Haha damn those are big! Now that I am thinking... A big light woulnt cut too much air from getting to the cooling system would it? I feel dumb for asking...

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I may go to D's 4WD and clamp the D2's onto the bar to take a look just for sizing purposes. Haha damn those are big! Now that I am thinking... A big light woulnt cut too much air from getting to the cooling system would it? I feel dumb for asking...

Haha don't feel dumb. Honestly, it depends on the vehicle. Most trucks don't seem to have much of an issue at all.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Haha don't feel dumb. Honestly, it depends on the vehicle. Most trucks don't seem to have much of an issue at all.

Alright nifty! I'll do some looking around and size shopping for what size works best for me then go into output from there. Thanks for that link!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
MMMMM... :)

So I recently made a very large purchase from a favorite company we all know and I will be putting it into the works to get it all rearing to go within the month. I am not having a shop do it so it will take time.
`
one word hint.. Unstoppable
`
Cheers ;)

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
I have to say, as someone who has a locking rear diff, it's going to open up all kinds of places to you. You'll be absolutely amazed at the traction you get.

Its unfortunately not at the top of my list to get done haha. I want to get my maintenance done first and finish front bumper. But yeah I said this summer would be my build-up and I have been working crazy overtime to make it happen.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Chatterboxes..... :)

Nice buy, if you're still looking at lights I can't say enough good about rigid. Baja designs is a good manufacturer too, I would say a simple small 24" bar or shorter would be perfect for you. Otherwise you could mod some ipf 968s like Stioc did, those have a dual beam for the best of both.

Camelfilter

Explorer
For lights take a look over at Superbrightleds, I 've bought a whole bunch of stuff from them-pretty good service.

I'm running some 3" cubes I bought from them (the 6 led sized ones) pretty darned bright. Exact same body as rigid dually (I had those), perhaps the Rigids might have better LEDS? I dunno-but I run my LEDS at all times (I fashioned up some shades for them so as not to blind folks), and they are running fine.

I have some 4" work lights from them mounted on the back of my Flippac, same quality & working great.

I had bought all of my bulb from them & HID extra for my Pathy, & now for my Titan.

They also have a bunch of odd-ball/hard-to-find stuff as well. I rigged up a brake light flasher they sell for a high mount brake light, and a dimmer/flasher for my work lights.

...jeeze I sound like a commercial, sorry!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Okay Some Things Ordered.. Big to do list

Ordered 2 Hella 4000 Rallye lights, one spot beam and one driving beam, wiring harness included
Hard wire my GPS unit in
Upper sway bar link on order
I got this kit for maintenance http://www.courtesyparts.com/bundle...inder-r50-p-568789.html?cPath=4700_7668_7669& on order
Also will go to Autocare center and purchase new diff oil, trans oil and filter, engine oil and filter, coolant and brake fluid.
I will be installing the brakes I have had sitting in my garage forever.
Installing the new CV axle for the drivers side.
Also purchased a heap load of new bushings for the front suspension (Look at your front lower control arms.. The bushings toward the rear should look normal, mine were non-existent.
New front sway bar bushings and brackets (not sure why the brackets came.. only ordered and paid for one bushing... Got the whole set :) )
`
I moved the license plate to the wind faring on the roof basket... I did this because they way I originally had it, the license plate was very difficult to get off If I ever needed to get to the winch. Putting it on the
faring makes winch access much easier.
I started on the ends of the bumper today after work but a storm rolled in so not much progress made. If I get anything done this weekend it will be that. I want to do all the fluid and filter changes as well as hard
wire the GPS in since those are all relatively short items. Brakes and cv will most likely wait until I get all the bushings and sway bar stuff in since the front will be torn apart anyways. I cant't wait for the lights to
come in and finish the ends of the bumper. Because that means I can finally consider the front finished and get started on the more important things. I don't really like having multiple things going like maintenance
and upgrades at the same time.
`
As far as the build-up goes... This thing has like ... maybe 2 more months to get finished (hoping by the end of summer it will be done in preparation of the upcoming winter and letting my wallet lick its wounds while
I go back to school and the working hours go down. If I can get my projects finished this summer (maybe not the Monstaliner) I would be really happy. Next summer I have quite a few big trips like Overland Expo and
GONE Moab, then lots of smaller exploring trips planned around the region.
`
TO-DO List (Must)
Finish bumper ends
All fluids and filter changes
Hard Wire GPS
Sway Bar brackets
`
TO-DO List (Hopefuls)
Brakes
CV Axle
`
Those end up on the hopeful list because I don't have much experience on changing those so that would probably take quite a while. I may end up going to a shop to have them do that but I hope not!
`
Cheers and have a good weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy