Extended Length (in):24.400 in.

Collapsed Length (in):14.600 in.

Bushing Material:Rubber

Bushing Color:Black

Boot Included:No

Upper Mount:Eyelet

Lower Mount:Eyelet

Quantity:Sold individually.

Notes:255/70 valving. 5/8 in. hourglass bushings.

In-Store Pickup:Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Bilstein 5165 Series shocks offer a universal fit, with the benefits of a remote reservoir. Your custom-lifted truck or SUV will gain an increase of shock oil capacity for greater heat dissipation and damping sensitivity. The 5165 shocks are a monotube design featuring a zinc finish with Bilstein's unique, multi-layer coating for extreme protection. Plus, their design allows for increased wheel travel and more shaft movement by locating the "floating" dividing piston in the reservoir.

Other features of Bilstein 5165 shocks include:

* Special swivel banjo fittings on the reservoir hose allow for 360 degree rotation

That was for the ones I have now, did you mean the ones I have for sale?
Here is for the ones I have for sale

Utilizing the knowledge gained from winning more off-road races than any other major shock manufacturer, Bilstein introduces the 5150 Series. These are the first production monotube, high gas pressure, fixed crossflow reservoir shock absorbers specifically designed for lifted and custom applications.

Features include:

* Race-inspired fixed crossflow reservoir expands oil capacity for enhanced cooling and allows increased rod travel
* Adjustable shock mount allows unlimited reservoir positioning
* Advanced-design split valving
* High-pressure nitrogen gas and floating dividing piston eliminate the possibility of oil foaming and performance loss from shock fade
* Huge 46mm working piston and self-adjusting deflective disc valving instantly react and adjust to any surface changes, for maximum vehicle body motion control and superior performance
* Maintenance-free design
* Valving for single or multiple shock applications
* Platinum powdercoated finish
* Available in 6.5 in. to 14 in. travel
* Oversized collar allows for use of universal shock boots

I was looking at the ones you had on right now, thanks for the info! I know my next shock :)

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
I was looking at the ones you had on right now, thanks for the info! I know my next shock :)

They are awesome! I took them testing up in the mountains right up the hill from me (35 miles) and the added grip was intense! places I usually slipped around I went right through...except this time in 2HI! it was great to feel the tires being stuck to the surface. You certainly will not be disappointed unless the little clicking noise thing happens to bug you. Ill be eager to see!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Well Im not sure If I ever showed the final outcome of the drawers so here they are (cell phone pics)
Pathfinder Rear Closed.jpg
Stuff isn't exactly organized inside but the left drawer is mechanical stuff and the right is vehicle recovery/vehicle specific stuff. And at the bottom of the photo you can see the uber ghetto (but I like and they work) way I attached mud flaps to what the original bumper bolted to.
Pathy Rear Open.jpg
The short shovel and extinguisher and UBER bright flashlight are attached with quickfist. The extinguisher is there as photo help as I would normally have a small powertank stored there. On the other side however I had some fun! I took the panel off and added reinforcement plates to the backside so when I bolted the Anchortrax system to the panel it would be secure enough to hold just about anything. Normally 6-7 plastic grommets hold it in place but now I have an additional 5 bolts going into the metal plating behind it. I grabbed one of the rings and tugged it up and not a budge! Not that I plan on putting anything heavy there but just in case the need for it comes Im covered. Anyways I usually have two of the condor bags pictured attached with misc. pieces or equipment. It came out pretty nice. When I first finished building the drawers I was thinking they would be too heavy but after getting to use them and what I put on it (camp stove, 2 REI multi-day packs) I am glad its not flimsy. All in all it was great to start from a computer drawing I made and turn it into a real thing. Im glad my woodworking skills are better then my CADD abilities. I use Autodesk Rivet but AutoCADD programs are confusing.
pathfinderdrawerCADD.jpg
Stay safe people! Cars were buried under the snow two days ago here so its coming!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Oh and if someone could give me a honest opinion on if the rear spoiler actually does anything. With its shape I would assume its to push air down directly behind the vehicle to perhaps eliminate large dust or water buildup on the rear but If that is the case... mine is broken. Anyways after adding the roof basket Im not sure air even flows to the air dam properly so Im thinking of taking it off.. suggestions?

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Snip... With its shape I would assume its to push air down directly behind the vehicle to perhaps eliminate large dust or water buildup on the rear but If that is the case... Snip

This is right. Also snow buildup. If your rear wiper works that maybe all you need.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Aah, I see. Well snow gets on the bumper but without a bumper.. haha maybe Ill start looking at taking it off. That would be another thing to add to the large pile of OEM parts in the garage that seems to never stop growing. Thanks for the info!

Allof75

Pathfinder
Oh and if someone could give me a honest opinion on if the rear spoiler actually does anything. With its shape I would assume its to push air down directly behind the vehicle to perhaps eliminate large dust or water buildup on the rear but If that is the case... mine is broken. Anyways after adding the roof basket Im not sure air even flows to the air dam properly so Im thinking of taking it off.. suggestions?

I've been trying to figure out its purpose too, I read on NPORA that it's for dust... no one has really confirmed or denied it though. If it works, I'd throw one on too- the window gets caked with dust and mud back there, and since I don't use my rear wiper because it's a little tweaked, the spoiler might be helpful.

Morticon

Adventurer
I know the 4runners have them because the rear window goes down and it has something to do with keeping the airflow out instead of coming in through the rear

XPLORx4

Adventurer
Yes, that rear window deflector is to reduce dust build-up. It channels airflow from the top of the roof down over the rear window.

I don't have one on mine, and when driving on dirt roads, the rear window gets really dusty. I used to have a friend whose Pathfinder had the deflector and his window had much much less dust build-up on it.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Great looking drawer setup there. Do they extend over the rear seats?

If I were to have the rear seats up (which they never are and the bottom cushions have been removed) the back face of the drawers would be about 1/4" from touching the seat back at the highest point of the cubby if that makes sense.
Think of this as a side profile of the passenger side (,,[_]\_ \_ The begin parenthesis being the rear hatch, commas are drawers, brackets represent the cubby on the side of the drawers and then the front slash - underscore combo would represent the seats rows.
When the hatch is closed there is about 1" of space between the drawer face and the hatch. I am thinking of redoing the drawer fronts or adding a façade of some sort. Not sure though as mine have satisfied their intended purpose.

Thanks for the confirmation about the rear dam. I live on a dirt road so everything is dusty, unless there is snow, then that's another ball game. I may do a little experiment to see how it works without it but if I were to take it off I don't know what would be underneath and Im not one to leave holes in my vehicle (believe it or not haha)

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the confirmation about the rear dam. I live on a dirt road so everything is dusty, unless there is snow, then that's another ball game. I may do a little experiment to see how it works without it but if I were to take it off I don't know what would be underneath and Im not one to leave holes in my vehicle (believe it or not haha)

I use these to plug unwanted holes from roof racks, not sure on the size bolt or hole on the air dam, but it may be an option.

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/5421/105791-roof-rack-hole-plug-kit

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
In other news I got a pair of Rigid Industries Dually lights mounted on the bumper, they have a piece of aluminum underneath them which reduces the amount of movement they have while going down bumpy roads tremendously. I don't have any night shots yet but I will post them up later tonight. They look to be not aligned the same and one sticks out further than the other, that was intended.. With the passenger side sticking farther out I shoots the flood beam farther towards the right side of the road which is good for animal concerns. Also, the driver side light has to be aimed more in front of the vehicle and not into oncoming traffic or that can be a hefty fine. Once the amber covers come in for them I will most likely re-aim them but for now they are quite good. Wiring was very easy through the firewall and into the little tray by my left knee. The fuse was busted when I took it out of the box.. luckily 15AMP fuses are like 5 for $3. Anyways I am still looking for a better way to protect the wires inside the engine bay so If anyone has a good source of the plastic split tubing please let me know.

In Other News
I am now approaching 150,000 miles which is exciting but I need to know if there is any standard routine maintenance for this milestone? If there is a website that lists the iterations for fluids and filters and belts for this vehicle that would be nice.

And the rear bumper I think is finally done with mockups and CADD drawings so once my funds return (just had surgery) I can begin building that... Good times soon!

bushnut

Adventurer
If I were you I'd check out the NPORA forum for routine maintenance questions. those guys have been a great help to me. I mounted my auxiliary lights the same way. they've already saved me from 1 deer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy