2003 Silverado Z71 solid axle build

Treybiz

Observer
How far are you from Beaumont/Houston, I'd be willing to take $400 for them and my brother works in Beaumont, he comes home every weekend.

I'm also pulling my current axles to sell as well........

I actually live in Dallas but have a house on Lake Whitney which gets me a little closer to you.. (Waco/Killeen Right?) I'd love the axles but I don't really have a need for them.

mccustomize

Explorer
I actually live in Dallas but have a house on Lake Whitney which gets me a little closer to you.. (Waco/Killeen Right?) I'd love the axles but I don't really have a need for them.

Well I could surely meet you halfway for the wheels if you are interested!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
McCustom I know those aluminum wheels look great but I prefer steel wheels when out 4 wheeling. That way you can bend em back if you hit something and air up again. Let us know which wheel you choose. cheers, Chilli..:)

Bojak

Adventurer
Last box, bottom row center.
1ff75df6a81081c85bbc4259fd80ad8c.jpg

I'm probably biased.

Bojak

Adventurer
Thanks it replaced my square crew. It isn't as cool but waaayyyy more comfortable for me and the fam. It will be even cooler after I talk you or crazytoy into doing a solid axel conversion on it for me. Thinking real hard about an arb front bumper so I can install my winch also. I love your build and I know this next version will probably kill it too.

Last edited:

mccustomize

Explorer
Well these came in yesterday, a turn of events for sure, I sold the AAM and 14 bolt in favor of a sterling and D60 combo. The locking hubs are going to make things nice. I also ordered wheels, managed to squeeze beadlocks in to my budget.
IMG_5020_1.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well these came in yesterday, a turn of events for sure, I sold the AAM and 14 bolt in favor of a sterling and D60 combo. The locking hubs are going to make things nice. I also ordered wheels, managed to squeeze beadlocks in to my budget.
IMG_5020_1.jpg

Pretty solid looking axel combo there Mr custom. What did they come out of? Are you going with a coil spring front end again? cheers, Chilli..:wings:

Betarocker

Adventurer
My detective skills will narrow the rear axle to a 2005-2010 Ford F250 or SRW F350. 2011 went to wheel speed sensors at each hub and not a tone ring on the differential. I'm going to assume the front is from the same truck the rear came out of.

Betarocker

Adventurer
Warn now offers a hub locker for the 2005 to current Super Duties. While the OEM lock has a manual mode the Warns are much more robust, but don't work with the autolock vacuum system.

mccustomize

Explorer
Pretty solid looking axel combo there Mr custom. What did they come out of? Are you going with a coil spring front end again? cheers, Chilli..:wings:

2005+ Ford super Duty, Dana 60/Sterling 10.5 combo. I have FOA coilovers sitting on the shelf begging to be installed.

My detective skills will narrow the rear axle to a 2005-2010 Ford F250 or SRW F350. 2011 went to wheel speed sensors at each hub and not a tone ring on the differential. I'm going to assume the front is from the same truck the rear came out of.

Correct. I won't be running ABS at all this go around, however if I wanted to the capability would still be there with some custom tone rings for the front.

Warn now offers a hub locker for the 2005 to current Super Duties. While the OEM lock has a manual mode the Warns are much more robust, but don't work with the autolock vacuum system.

Warn, Yukon, G2, superwinch and a few others make replacement hubs, I don't need the vacuum locking and since I will be machining the knuckles for high steer I will lose those ports anyway.

Betarocker

Adventurer
Since you are going full custom for this endeavour, you might want to consider the OUO ALAs. The give the ability to fine tune fore and aft position, as well as adjust caster angle.

519_OUO_ALA_.jpg

I've got them on my new truck. Additionally to the geometry setup, they allow for freer articulation because of the high misalignment angle rod end used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater