2013 RAM 1500 expedition build (for coast to coast trip)

texasmedic

So this has been on my bucket list for a long time now and finally with the help of some sponsors it is becoming a reality. I am now in the planning stages of a coast to coast off road trip I am shooting for spring or summer 2016 (but its possible it will be 2017) the plan is to take 30 to 45 days for the trip with over 90% off pavement. I will be doing this in a modified 2013 RAM 1500 QC.

Mods so far:

-87mm PTB
-Vararam intake
-Iron cross push bumper
-3in body lift
-35x12.50 r18 tires
-34in light bar
-52in light bar
-12,000lb badlands winch
-Bullydog tuner
-CB Radio
-800 watt inverter

Pending mods:

-Additional 3in long travel suspension lift
-6x 37x12.50 tires
-Twin tire carrier to replace tailgate
-Onboard air that can run tools
-Onboard welder
-Matching steel rear bumper
-Custom skid plates
-Additional fuel tank to replace factory spare tire
-Trinity programmer to replace the bullydog
-Bedliner paint job
-Custom bed rack
-Sat phone (not really a mod but would be nice)
-Exhaust
-4:10 gears
-New torque converter

Here are some pictures of the build so far.

O.R.T.

Observer
You should show people what the "Before" looks like? I'm going to have to watch this thread given that I've done close to nothing as far as our build-out of our '14 QC.
1546030_215083738701928_220043141_n.jpg

Judging by the look of that right rocker panel you should be looking into sliders ASAP. ;)
What did you start out with, an Express, or different? What are your plans for a bed cage (bed rack) setup for securing gear?

I don't see enough built-out 1500 4thGens. Coming from the Toyota side, it seems like the market should be there. This should be good. :D

Last edited:

sdwhip

Observer
Nice truck. Looks just like my new silver Outdoorsman but I have the crew cab. If your going with 37s you will probably want more than 4.10 gears. I also think you can't regear the 2013 without swapping the diffs out with an 09-12. I know that is the case on the 2014s and I'm pretty sure it goes for the 13s as well. Do you have the 6spd with 3.55s gears? I am liking my 8spd with 3.92s.

texasmedic

O.R.T thanks for the photo thats what she looked like new and I will be getting rock sliders around the 1st of the year I'm not sure how I missed that on the list. Today I am installing a couple of lights in the rear bumper I will post pics of the install later today

hovenator

Explorer
Have you done anything new recently? I am really diggin the black accents with the silver. What rims are those? They are super sweet looking. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal