2014 Overland Taco Build

OldieOverland

Observer
I noticed your GoPro mounted on your bumper. Do you have any videos on YouTube that I could check out? I would like to see the vantage point from there. I mount mine on my roof top basket which flattens out the ride in video. Looking for a change.

Sorry, I don't have any videos on youtube. I might create a channel because I've got several videos from our travels. I haven't noticed any excessive vibrations, and it is rock solid mounted with the suction mount. I've also never had any issues with it not getting something in the shot. I would assume it probably catches a lot of the terrain that would be missed mounted to the roof.

OldieOverland

Observer
UPDATE to the build :sombrero:

I wanted to add a shackle point to the front because my ARB bumper doesn't have one. So, I had a friend of mine make a heavy duty steel one to replace the tow hook. It came out great (still needs paint) and is solid!

image1 (7).JPG

image2 (3).JPG

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Awesome build.

What is your total diameter of your tire?

I'm looking into selling my Jeep and getting a Tacoma. I'm looking into doing some of the same mods you have. I like that rear bumper with swing. How do you like it?

OldieOverland

Observer
The tires are 255/85/16. I really like having a swingout. In addition to the obvious benefits of fuel storage and tire placement, we added the table so it has given us another work surface.

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
CBI bumper

Loving that rear bumper! I'm torn between ordering one, or trying to fab my own... probably should order one, as everything I build looks like it came off the set of Mad Max. I will build some sliders, and I'll actually take my time, use the proper tools and equipment, and do my best to make them look good. No doubt, it'll still look like something from post-apocalyptic Australia.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
The tires are 255/85/16. I really like having a swingout. In addition to the obvious benefits of fuel storage and tire placement, we added the table so it has given us another work surface.

So it's about 33" tire? I couldn't find much info on 255/85 tires. I was curious on the overall diameter of the tire. I wanna find something similar to a 33" when I decide to build a Tacoma.

OldieOverland

Observer
I was just about to post that thread. Haven't read the whole thread, but it's a good thing it isn't completely "discontinued" just relaunching. It is an awesome tire and I would hate to see that size gone.

Last edited:

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I was just about to post that thread. Haven't read the whole thread, but it's a good thing it isn't completely "discontinued" just relaunching. It is an awesome tire and I would hate to see that size gone.

I'm hoping they will release a 255/85/16 for their new AT KO2 tire. I have the KM2's on my Jeep now. But I kind of would like to try the new AT's since they look a little more aggressive than their older AT tire model. I was just gonna look into the 285/75/16 but I have sometime before I do anything anyways since I don't have the Tacoma yet. So hopefully when they're released again I will have more options.

sfsmedic

Adventurer
I really like the set up. I just wish the cbi swing out didn't block the back up camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
Great build thread. I'm going to be doing some similar things to my 2015 DCSB TRD OR. I like your color matched grill, I have one on order and I am going to put the TRD Pro insert into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach