2015 GMC Canyon

deadly99

Explorer
New tires and wheels

g.jpg

v.jpg

March 11th the new bumper gets built...should be installed after powder coating by the end of March...stoked on that

Last edited:

deadly99

Explorer
So are those 33s in the picts?

276/65r18

32.x diameter 11 inches wide

To fit 33 or larger would require a larger lift (which I dont want) or extensive cutting (which I am not prepared to do yet). In a few years when the payments are done and there is a 4.1 gearing available for this new Dana axle...I'll likely get larger tires...but for now this size will have to do

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking wheel set up there Deadly. Are they beadlocks or is that beadlock rim just for looks?:Wow1:

deadly99

Explorer
Just for looks. I don't "crawl" so I don't need to air down to 5psi or whatever air pressure takes advance of the beadlocks. The wheels were an indulgence in aesthetics...I am middle aged so I like to think this is excusable ;)

Chrome Grill to Black

I have the same truck that I got January 2015! Time for me to start upgrading! Thanks for the inspiration.

What did you use to change from chrome to black grill?

Mykh

Outdoor Party Animal
Hey Deadly, any new stuff on the truck? I just got one a couple months back and can't wait for more inspiration shots!

deadly99

Explorer
I have the same truck that I got January 2015! Time for me to start upgrading! Thanks for the inspiration.

What did you use to change from chrome to black grill?

Plastics bought from carid.com

Where did you acquire the plastic fenders? Chevy Colorado?

Yes, the Colorado flares. Fit perfectly

Hey Deadly, any new stuff on the truck? I just got one a couple months back and can't wait for more inspiration shots!

I think this thread is up to date. In a few weeks the front bumper and winch will be installed and I'll do an updated list of whats been installed/kept/discarded at that time.

40 k on the truck, still enjoying it. No major issues

deadly99

Explorer
Bumper building weekend

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Two versions below, I choose the second option. A bit more of an aggressive look

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

It will have a small "bull bar" to hold the 30 inch light bar. Holes to access the clutch. Fairlead need mounting. Control box for the winch is being relocated to the battery tray. Rigid duallies in the "wings".

deadly99

Explorer
This is very close to the final version. Braces and final welds this week, bull bar added then off to the powder coaters. Next weekend is the install

10.png

11.png

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cool:drool:looking bumper, and aluminum too! I would leave it in natural:Wow1: aluminum. Looks cool without paint but I guess you want it to match the truck...:):)

deadly99

Explorer
Thanks. Thickness, the majority is 3/16. 1/4 used on the main section "middle". The main bracket between the trucks frame is half inch.

Keep it bare...I hear ya but no its getting powder coated black this week.

It's a local fabricator who is making it for me. Great guy and reasonable rates. If you live in or around Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and you want some custom work done check out Flatbroke Offroad. Its been grwat working with him.

I'm pretty stoked to mount it next weekend. We decided not to mount the winch control box under the hood, instead its being reloacted to a different location in the front bumper. The plug will be accessible from the top of the bumper, in front of the front grill (if that makes sense). The photos above are also missing the cut outs and mounts for the Rigid duallies. Going to use the stock wiring from the fog lights. This will keep the dash cleaner as it will use the stock fog light switch.

I keep eye balling those spod switches...slick...I just don't have enough switches to warrant the expense yet. Maybe once the compressor get wired and a roof rack gets installed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk