2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Build "Mjolnir"

toxicity_27

Adventurer
You may want to change the oil in the manual....numerous stories out there about manuals with half the oil needed from the factory. It is a quick fix and will give you peace of mind to know that it is full.

IIRC, the NSG370 6 speed trans holds 2qts of oil. After I brought my 2012 home new, I added 3/4 qt of the proper fluid (Pennzoil Synchromesh meets the Chrysler standard) to bring it up to the fill plug. So it was very low from the factory.

Also, change your axle fluid within the first 1000 miles or so. There is normal break-in material that sheds from a new hypoid ring and pinion gear set; this is a maintenance habit from my construction equipment background.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll check it this weekend when I'm up at my brother's.

Not sure when the lift and everything else will go on yet. Probably going to be a while yet. I will however be putting the black Mopar sill plates, black Jeep emblem, and shorty antenna on sooner rather than later. My plan is to run it stock for a while, then throw on the wheel spacers, and then throw the lift on.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Well I finally got around to installing the sill plates. If you don't have these I highly recommend them. I scratched the crap out of the door sill on my 2013 just getting in and out.

Here are a few pictures of the install. It was super easy and probably took about 5 minutes.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Looking great! :beer:

Should be a fun trip coming up.

Definitely! Getting more and more excited about it every day. Also a buddy of mine is having his bachelor party in May, and we're planning on going to an offroad park here. This may move the lift install up in the order of things.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Definitely! Getting more and more excited about it every day. Also a buddy of mine is having his bachelor party in May, and we're planning on going to an offroad park here. This may move the lift install up in the order of things.

From my experience, and watching others with stock height, I think you'd be doing yourself and the Jeep a huge favor to get the lift done sooner than later.
That should be a pretty awesome bachelor party too! :beer:

da10A

Adventurer
Stick. Couldn't justify almost $2000 for an auto and 4.10s.
The auto tranny is geared low enough that the 3.73 is the equivalent of stick and 4.10. I was explained that after driving both set-ups and because I found no difference in driveability, I searched the subject quite intensively and found that was why the auto came with 3.73. There are even charts that I found that showed the numbers along with the explanations.

Therefore, auto and 4.10 turn 35s with more ease than the stick with 4.10.

If I was you, I would consider 285/70-17, or maximum 285/75-17 if you don't plan on regearing. Otherwise you'll do like some and try to convince yourself and others that the stick with 4.10s and 35s are ideal througout your ownership of that jeep, and when you buy your next jeep, you will know better than to repeat that mistake...... Don't ask me how I know

toxicity_27

Adventurer
I dealt with the stick 3.73s and 35s for two years and didn't think it was too bad. Occasionally on some hills it didn't have any power and I'd have to shift but we'll see how it goes with the 4.10s.

da10A

Adventurer
Well, I guess we each have our way to view things. Personnally, I find it a shame to take a top of the line jeep and make it a lesser jeep by making it undergeared. But still no less happy for a fellow jeeper that is doing what he wants with HIS jeep.;-)

I do have a question regarding your locker and swaybar disconnect red switches. Do they light up when the lights are on, or when the lockers and discos are activated??? Reason for asking is that my 10A having the red leather interior, didn't have the red switches, where the black leather did.....

Last edited:

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Well, I guess we each have our way to view things. Personnally, I find it a shame to take a top of the line jeep and make it a lesser jeep by making it undergeared. But still no less happy for a fellow jeeper that is doing what he wants with HIS jeep.;-)

I do have a question regarding your locker and swaybar disconnect red switches. Do they light up when the lights are on, or when the lockers and discos are activated??? Reason for asking is that my 10A having the red leather interior, didn't have the red switches, where the black leather did.....

They light up with the lights on. I never said that I'll never regear. Have to wait aND see if it's something that I'll want to do.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
They light up with the lights on. I never said that I'll never regear. Have to wait aND see if it's something that I'll want to do.

Yeah, in the Jeep world we never say "never"... :beer:
There's always a third job, or getting adopted by Donald Trump, of finding a sugar-momma to feed our habit. :D
In the mean time we use what we've got to the best of it's abilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh