2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Build "Mjolnir"

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
It was a nylock nut that came loose too that confused me. I should put some loctite on there though.

I've noticed some Nylock nuts have to be tightened very slowly, due to heat build up. Others are much less sensitive.
Because of this, I prefer to get Nylocks from a vendor like Fastenal instead of hardware stores. I "think" some of the hardware store nuts and bolts are cheaper Chinese stuff.
If I have to use hardware store stuff, I get the metal lock nuts. Those seem to last a few times before needing to be replaced.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Got the pictures of the JKE-Dock finally. Haven't mounted up my tablet mount yet, but when I'll do I'll get some pictures of that as well.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
I've noticed some Nylock nuts have to be tightened very slowly, due to heat build up. Others are much less sensitive.
Because of this, I prefer to get Nylocks from a vendor like Fastenal instead of hardware stores. I "think" some of the hardware store nuts and bolts are cheaper Chinese stuff.
If I have to use hardware store stuff, I get the metal lock nuts. Those seem to last a few times before needing to be replaced.

The thing that gets me is this nylock nut came in the kit from Rock Krawler. At the very least it's persuaded me to get it welded sooner.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
That E-Dock looks great! Very useful mod. :beer:

I know where you are coming from on the Nylock. Glad you're getting it sorted out, but it sucks that you have to do that.
Sometimes the quality doesn't matter, because it isn't structural. But on things like your bracket, it is very important. Using cheap hardware makes me wonder if it was actually engineered, or if the bean counters stepped over production. I'm guessing the later.
I'm seeing a lot of this on the stuff I've bought for the Jeep. The Junk hardware box is getting full, and the good stuff that has been squirrelled away from other projects is getting raided constantly.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Got the pictures of the JKE-Dock finally. Haven't mounted up my tablet mount yet, but when I'll do I'll get some pictures of that as well.
035_1.jpg

Does that thing rattle over bumps?

toxicity_27

Adventurer
That E-Dock looks great! Very useful mod. :beer:

I know where you are coming from on the Nylock. Glad you're getting it sorted out, but it sucks that you have to do that.
Sometimes the quality doesn't matter, because it isn't structural. But on things like your bracket, it is very important. Using cheap hardware makes me wonder if it was actually engineered, or if the bean counters stepped over production. I'm guessing the later.
I'm seeing a lot of this on the stuff I've bought for the Jeep. The Junk hardware box is getting full, and the good stuff that has been squirrelled away from other projects is getting raided constantly.

I hear ya!

Looks great! I ordered mine but, they were out of stock. Ship date is supposed to be 9-7....

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

It took a while for me to get mine too, but was totally worth the wait.

Does that thing rattle over bumps?

Not even a little which surprised me.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Added the tablet mount to the E-Dock. Not sure if I like how it sits just yet, will have to go on a couple of trips with it and see if I want to move it.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Finally got around to installing my sPod and the Rigid D2 Duallys I had from my old build. Mounted them on the a-pillar this time around. The sPod instructions aren't great which made it irritating to install. It's tough to see in the pictures but the switches light up red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat