2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Build "Mjolnir"

toxicity_27

Adventurer
How'd you go about taking them out?

Since I replaced my trackbars too, I removed those and it dropped enough for me just to pull them out. I think I had to push them down a little and they came right out.

^ Just let the axle droop all the way and you can pull them out by hand, they're under almost zero tension.

Yup.

Yeah, thats more likely the case. Jeep looks good!

Thanks!

JKU87

Adventurer
Since I replaced my trackbars too, I removed those and it dropped enough for me just to pull them out. I think I had to push them down a little and they came right

Yup.

Thanks!

Awesome. This should work out as we will be putting it up on a lift.

da10A

Adventurer
A few things have to be kept in mind to avoid damage. Like of course the shocks and sway bar links have to be unbolted, but also the brake lines have to be freed from the frame by removing the bolts, air breather tubes and connections ( connections on Rubicon because of the lockers)disconnected from the axles. In the back, same as front, but also add freeing the e-brake cables from their bracket under the rear floorboard to help the droop.

Otherwise, you risk damage for sure.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Trying to decide what's next, I've been looking at the Switch Pros switch system, the OBA, and some skids, or any combination thereof. I've been getting some hints from the girlfriend, friends, and family that it's time to start looking for a ring too. So I need to decide the next course of action. Any input is appreciated.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
So I decided something completely different. I ordered the Vector Offroad JKE-Dock and a ram mount for my phone. I'll eventually add a ram mount for a tablet for navigation. I also have a handle bar mount for my GoPro that I'm planning to use with it as well.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Been a while since I've last updated this thread. Been looking at rings for the girlfriend. Have the style and everything narrowed down, just need to finally pull the trigger on one.

Also since Northridge 4x4 is having a 10% off sale I ordered an sPod and a ComeUp Seal Gen2 9.5rsi winch. The winch will probably sit for a little while until I decide to buy the kit to mount it to the Hard Rock front bumper.

I decided on the sPod because I didn't like the way the Switch-Pros setup looked under the hood with wires running everywhere.

The reasoning behind the ComeUp winch is because it was much less expensive that a Warn, and they are huge just about everywhere else but in North America. I also liked the features associated with it, and figured if it's good enough for Arctic Trucks, it's good enough for me!

I'll get some pictures posted of the JKE-Dock and RAM mount (I love this thing!) and of everything else once I get it.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Great move on getting the Jeep parts.
From a financial perspective, modifying the Jeep is a one time expense. A wife is overhead. :elkgrin:

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Was driving home from the doctor today and had to go over some railroad tracks as I was getting into a left hand turn lane. Went over them probably faster than I should have, and the rear trackbar relocation bracket bolt came loose. The bracket comes with a bolt to tie it to the factory location and requires it to be welded, but I haven't had a chance to get it welded yet. Need to get that done sooner rather than later now.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Good idea!
that could be an interesting ride if the track bar came loose. :eek:

It felt weird with it moving and there was something grinding, I was super confused, then I turned and it went away. I pulled off and looked and everything looked okay, then I realized how loose the back end felt when I would turn. Got home and pushed the side of the Jeep and watched the bracket move.

Pretty sure when it happened I left a stain on my seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat