2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Redman333

Adventurer
I went and test drove one at my local dealer today. Not sure I want to order one but they said it'd be $44k for the V6 and add $3500 for the Diesel option. Which is what I would do if I get one. When we came back I pulled my 04 Lexus LX470 lifted on 35" nitto trail grapplers for reference. Snapped some pics also. Surprisingly the truck had a good amount of clearance compared to the Lexus. Honestly I think the Lexus has a slight bump on ground clearance but the truck really surprised me here. I think a small bump in tire size and the Truck would have more clearance then my Lexus does now. So maybe a 33" tire would be perfect. It drove very nice though. I lied the bed lined truck bed. I guess I'm a bit spoiled coming from my Lexus but the interior on the truck seemed a bit cheap when comparing to my almost 14 year old Lexus. This somewhat disappointed me. This wasn't a big deal because sometimes my plush Lexus interior is a bad thing for keeping clean, especially in the doors and this is where most of the plastic is located on the Colorado. Otherwise everything else is very similar to other Colorados. Anyway those are my thoughts from the little bit I play with it.

IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2562.jpg

p nut

butter
I don't know if it's the camera angle, but makes the LX looks like a midsize. Continuing to like that Chevy front end. But man, over $50k for a diesel ZR2.....don't think I could stomach that.

Redman333

Adventurer
I don't know if it's the camera angle, but makes the LX looks like a midsize. Continuing to like that Chevy front end. But man, over $50k for a diesel ZR2.....don't think I could stomach that.

Well to be fair it's a 2004 full size which as everything gets bigger the brand new lexus GX460 which is a mid size is the same size wise as my LX470 and the LX570 is much larger.

The 2 things that bugged me was the the cheaper feeling interior and the price and the price is partially due to the interior. Like say if I had a very nice feeling interior I'd be more willing to hand over $50k. Though I feel like the truck feels more like a $42k truck to me at least. At that price I would have a new truck in my driveway right now.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I like the shocks on the zr2, the lockers. But I like the GMC Canyon interior far more, and the long bed. If I could order a LB, 4dr slt Canyon with added lockers and multi madic shocks I'd be very happy.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Is the GMC interior nicer?
Yes and you can get something other than late 90's black. The brown interior is pretty nice. I had black in my old car and now 8 yrs in my light Cream interior car no way I'm going to black interiors again. Even with kids and dogs and the mess they bring to seats.

B

BPD53

Not sure I want to order one but they said it'd be $44k for the V6 and add $3500 for the Diesel option.

I am a 355 loyal guy, but 50K is absolutely INSANE!

I guess I am just jealous of other peoples money.

I hope that anyone who buys one will join up at 355nation to share the good and bad with other Colorado losers.

Redman333

Adventurer
I am a 355 loyal guy, but 50K is absolutely INSANE!

I guess I am just jealous of other peoples money.

I hope that anyone who buys one will join up at 355nation to share the good and bad with other Colorado losers.
It's not even an issue of being jealous of others money it's more like, even if you had the money is the value there for the money spent.

This is where I'm at, not really sure the value is there.

B

BPD53

It's not even an issue of being jealous of others money it's more like, even if you had the money is the value there for the money spent.

This is where I'm at, not really sure the value is there.

Good point. If they buy a ZR2 I just hope they give an honest review. I feel like people too often just say its great without any negative points. I have a laundry list of things I dislike about the 355 platform, but I am open about them.

The people that are honest and open help potential buyers in the future.

I hope to see a ZR2 soon.

Jason911

Adventurer
The factory front and rear e-lockers are available to add in to any non-ZR2 model. GM has even publicly stated as much. Just need to activate them with an external switch.

There are more than a couple of dealers throughout the US(Texas being an example) that have diesel powered ZR2's on the lot for invoice or less. Saw a white one yesterday for $900 under invoice.

Redman333

Adventurer
The factory front and rear e-lockers are available to add in to any non-ZR2 model. GM has even publicly stated as much. Just need to activate them with an external switch.

There are more than a couple of dealers throughout the US(Texas being an example) that have diesel powered ZR2's on the lot for invoice or less. Saw a white one yesterday for $900 under invoice.
Yeah I call bs on that one. They may be an option you can add but probably not just a switch or harness that needs to be plugged in. Highly unlikely. There may be dealerships that have zr2 under invoice but non that I have seen yet.

Jason911

Adventurer
Highly unlikely. There may be dealerships that have zr2 under invoice but non that I have seen yet.

Narrow minded individuals who can't see beyond their own spectrum ALWAYS put down others who offer a chance at something better. Believe what you want, or don't. Matters none to me.

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
There are so many independently owned GM dealers near me I can't imagine it being very hard to get near invoice for a ZR2 with some patience and around November after the initial rush to get one wears off.

On the flip side our Toyota dealers are Auto Group owned and they have pretty much created a monopoly and do not negotiate on hardly any model especially popular ones. Another reason I won't buy a new Toyota ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach