2017 Ridgeline

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I'd much rather have the Colorado with the low range and 7000lb towing capacity.

The ridgeline looks like a comfy crossover truck though.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Not my cup of tea but it still matters for those who want best in class fuel economy without going diesel.

I was just checking the prices for used Ram 1500 EcoDiesels, and the average is still above the estimated MSRP of the Ridgeline 4WD, but resale value will remain high.

I'd much rather have the Colorado with the low range and 7000lb towing capacity.

Towing capacity should be above 6000 lbs, which isn't too shabby.

It's more of a crossover with a pickup bed, than a truck. But it would meet my needs just fine, and more appealing to the wife than most everything else I've shown her, with the possible exception of the Escape Hybrid.

I've been dreaming of ways to use the in-bed trunk as potable water bladder storage or as a foot well for a table under a canopy shell.

Dake21

Adventurer
It's more of a crossover with a pickup bed, than a truck. But it would meet my needs just fine, and more appealing to the wife than most everything else I've shown her, with the possible exception of the Escape Hybrid.

Doesn't the colorado have a real ladder frame? How is it a crossover?
edit: nvmd

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
To me the most impressive thing about the Ridgeline is that it's still around. For the past 30 years or so, every other company that has tried to market the "unibody car/pickup" concept has failed and NONE of them have lived long enough to see a second generation.
The 2017 redesign seems to move the Ridgeline a little closer to the "conventional pickup" design at least in terms of appearance. I wonder if that will help or hurt sales? I still can't imagine people living in rural areas seriously considering the Ridgeline as an alternative to a more conventional pickup.
(edited to remove redundant comments.)
According to Wikipedia, because of low production costs, the Ridgeline is a money maker for Honda despite its low sales numbers. That's probably why its still around.

Last edited:

p nut

butter

I like having low range as well. But I'm surprised at what my Subaru can climb. If the off-road vids of the Pilot are any indicator, it will do just fine for most folks shopping in the light-duty truck segment.

Climberclimb

Observer
I will chime in. I recently went from a Ridgeline (2006) to a Tacoma (2015). Why? I guess mainly for the 6 foot box and the 4low range.
Ridgeline pros - trunk, rear power window, heated side mirrors, heated lower windshield, roomy interior, dual opening tailgate and 4 wheel disk brakes. This vehical was awesome on the higway and on winter roads. Fuel economy was good at first!
Cons - fuel economy (18l/100 km) yikes! Lack of true four wheel drive. Canopy was a special order and had an interesting fit due to unibody design. New model would also have that type of cap. You must seal the canopy to the roof and down the sides to make it water tight. Finally, That darn five foot box, skiis did not fit, bikes did not fit, etc.
It was impossible to tell why fuel economy suddenly went south? Good vehical for what it was.
Just my two cents. Ps I do like the look of the new model though!
Cheers

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I like having low range as well. But I'm surprised at what my Subaru can climb. If the off-road vids of the Pilot are any indicator, it will do just fine for most folks shopping in the light-duty truck segment.

I agree. I'd wager most people with low range don't even know what its for. I helped a friends dad load up a tandom axle trailer real heavy with firewood once. He chose to put it in four high to drive through 300 yards of rough field, straining to make 3mph.

This life long truck guy didn't realize low range would be better at this situation. I dont think the average tahoe driving soccer mom has a clue either.

Last edited:

Dake21

Adventurer
I agree. I'd wager most people with low range don't even know what its for. I helped a friends dad load up a tandom axle trailer real heavy with firewood once. He chose to put it in four high to drive through 300 yards of rough field, straining to make 3mph.

This life long truck guy didn't realize low range would be better at this situation. I dont think the average tahoe driving soccer mom has a clue either.

Funny you mentioned that, my father has always owned trucks and he doesnt seem to understand the use of 4Lo either lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal