2019 Ford Ranger Taking Orders

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Be careful though, you say "little turbo 4", it has more torque than the V6 canyon by a respectable margin at the expense of HP....trade-off for sure. It's a modified version of the 2.3L in their 350hp sports car with the addition of forged crank / rods and some other goodies.

Ranger has a higher Towing and Payload capacity, from what I can see, gas vs gas.

I think they nailed it personally, looks good, rear locker, proven platform around the world, best towing / payload for a petrol rig....

Many of the OZ reviews rank the Ranger at or higher than the Hilux, so don't see why it wouldn't stand up to the Tacoma. They are awfully close if nothing else....

Glad you like your truck, which is really all that matter.

What reviews?

73datsun

Crappy cell phone pics ok?

Hey, I really appreciate that! Been looking hard and finding nothing online and my dealer didn't have one yet. Was hoping for a flat floor that I could put a dog kennel in (on one side), doesn't look like this will work. But man, you've got a great looking truck. Congrats.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Well it doesn’t seem to be an issue as lots of them sell. It’s personal preference
That because other brands have failed to market something people like so the seat issue is a compromise. Toyota will change it in the next model my guess. Especially once Ranger starts to eat into annual sales numbers.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I
I think it's the other way, lowering the floor would reduce clearance under the rockers. If they raised the seating position they look top heavy. As it is the cabs and bed sides are already growing taller, almost comically IMO on the Colorado and even the Ranger. Then look at the fender and rocker in relation to the center of the wheels. Most trucks have their hem line below the center of the front hubs. They look like 2WD trucks almost. With just 2" of lift my fender corner is even with the top of the rim.
I agree that tucked up chassis is part of the reason the seat position sucks so bad, raise the roof line 2" and get that seat up 2".

vartz04

Adventurer
The Ranger beats the Colorado in a drag race, this I know for a fact. The Colorado gets the first 20-40 ft off the line, then the Ranger pulls by 2 or so car lengths.

Not what the motortrend 0-60 times say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickw

Adventurer
Trans is out of the Mustang, the axle looks like a Dana 44, but its called a Dana M220

Probably closer related to the F150, it's the same model at least. The F150 us also setup for Tcase duty. I know they use it on several other models too like the mustang as you point out...

Rear axle, after a quick search, is the same one used on the new 2018+ Jeep Rubicon JL's

Last edited:

blubullett

Also if you look at what those motors are making in the Focus with minor bolt on's plus a tune. 350hp 400tq at the wheels no problem. Who cares if the Tacoma out sells it, that means nothing. How many people are there in the world that make you wonder how dumb we will get. The movie Idiocracy may be our future. The only trucks currently on my radar are the ZR2 Colorado or a Ranger. The dual lockers on the ZR2 are hard to pass up but the Ranger motor is much more appealing at least to me. Supposedly the Colorado is getting new engine options for 2020 so hopefully it gets the turbo 4 Chevy is putting in the Silverado or a bump in power for the duramax. That will decide what I buy. The Colorado and Jeep JL also use the M220 rear end so it will have great aftermarket support soon. But it starts breaking with 35" tires currently. A couple ZR2 guys have exploded the rear lockers. The Colorado uses the m200ifs while the JL uses the M200 solid in the front. Anyone know what front diff housing the Ranger sells with?

nickw

Adventurer
I sat in a new tacoma trd pro and I am 5'10" and average build and felt claustrophobic. But agree everybody is different.

Exact same way we felt....my significant other was really put off by it, took her 5 seconds in the Tacoma to say "no way"...

nickw

Adventurer
I read reviews where some liked the hilux better. Just can’t cherry pick what you want to hear.

I'm not, re-read what I said.

Regardless, the point was, it holds its ground to the Hilux in the OZ market and isn't seen as an inferior product over there.

roving1

I'm finding this a little hard to believe and a little bit on the ignorant side. The Colorado high feature V6 has a strong midrange but is a fairly gutless engine when it comes to torque and you have to rev the crap out of it.

I would bet the torque curve for the 4 cyl is better than the V6 though the whole range and way better at low RPMs. I admit I have not driven the Ranger yet but I have driven the 2.3 turbo and, like pretty much every modern direct injection varible boost turbo 4, the power curve and delivery is way better than torqe-less high reving V6's IMHO.
Power - canyon takes this one easily. 300+hp v6 vs a little turbo 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner