2023 Ford Raptor- Continuation

phsycle

Adventurer
...I've never owned a slide-in camper and can't think of any reason why I'd want one, unless maybe I was pulling a trailer that had toys on it. Really, when you look at how much a slide in will limit you, you might as well go for a Class C RV. They're bigger and more comfortable, and you're not really going to be taking that truck with the slide-in camper on any tough trails either.

Disagree with this 100%

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
I've never owned a slide-in camper and can't think of any reason why I'd want one, unless maybe I was pulling a trailer that had toys on it. Really, when you look at how much a slide in will limit you, you might as well go for a Class C RV. They're bigger and more comfortable, and you're not really going to be taking that truck with the slide-in camper on any tough trails either.

I see you haven't really spent any time looking at where people take their trucks with slide in campers...

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Show me a Class C that can do this, and i'll buy one.

hqdefault.jpg

milner-way-off-road.jpg

phsycle

Adventurer
And you don't even have to go that extreme, @McCarthy Any dirt road with some rain mixed in....it's going to be tough going for any RV.

I don't think the guy goes off pavement much, and when he does, it's on well-manicured dirt roads. So a trailer works for him, I guess. But ridiculous to put out a blanket statement like that.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
You're right, my only experience with slide-in campers was in the 70's when they were big and top-heavy. Certainly a pop-top like that is way more capable off road, if that's what the OP is looking for.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Light bar installed. Bolted to the bumper so when I replace it with the ADD one I can just swap the bar to the bumper. Picture doesn't really do it justice as the phone camera dims out a good portion of the light.

yfXqH9j.jpg

ElM2A5w.jpg

And bonus of the pup wearing a toque :)

2saQI8A.jpg

jbear223

On that ADD bumper you have to remove your crash bars. And what of your intercooler? Are you getting a new one or relocating higher, like the Full Race unit?
I have a 2019 F150 EB and the crash bars are there for a reason. Since I haul my family around I didn't want to compromise on safety nor incur the expense of relocation or purchasing a new intercooler on a new under warranty truck.
I really like the ADD bumpers, sadly not for my truck.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.

I understand your sentiments completely, you're not the first person to say something to that effect.

The only reason they are on my radar is because they make one of the few winch compatible aftermarket bumpers for the Raptor that don't look completely garish. Most [other brands] are more oriented towards either being full on ARB style bullbars w/cowcatchers and the lot, the rest are full on race truck looking. ADD has a nice mix of both.

Grassland

ADD has I think the Venom style I really like. They do make some nice, low drag, high speed looking bumpers. I think they cost too much considering, but I agree that they are the few that aren't full on 500# looking cow catching aberrations.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
On that ADD bumper you have to remove your crash bars. And what of your intercooler? Are you getting a new one or relocating higher, like the Full Race unit?
I have a 2019 F150 EB and the crash bars are there for a reason. Since I haul my family around I didn't want to compromise on safety nor incur the expense of relocation or purchasing a new intercooler on a new under warranty truck.

I believe the stock intercooler works fine with the bumper. While you do have to remove the front crash bars, the rear set remains in place. 2015 F150's did not have these from the factory, and they're perfectly safe. While it's on my mind, it's not a massive concern to me.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Looking for some recommendations guys, i'm going to be hauling two quads and a dirtbike from Northern Canada to Southern Arizona on a flatdeck trailer, how in the hell do i secure them? Looking for recommendations. My initial thought was just some grade 70 transport chain and good locks, but a pair of bolt cutters and you can just roll the bike away... The quads same thing, but obviously the dirt bike is a much easier target.

The age old adage of if a thief wants it they will take it applies, i'm sure, but recommendations on reducing the chances? Some sort of cable lock? Square chain? Bolting the bike to the trailer somehow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach