2nd Monongahela WV, 8/24 - 8/27/07

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
jim65wagon said:
I got home from work today and the heat index was 122. Wow! It was alot better in the mountains over the weekend. This trip won't come soon enough; I think someone mentioned that earlier...

Tell me about it, heat index here was 110, and I was out in it corn bob blasting today. It felt like a suana under that blast hood. Good God, what a way to make a living.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
monongahela.gif

jim65wagon

Haggis said:
Tell me about it, heat index here was 110, and I was out in it corn bob blasting today. It felt like a suana under that blast hood. Good God, what a way to make a living.

quote:
originally posted by: Haggis
Now it's the cond. is so cold that if I set it on Max, the wife starts to whine "It's to cold in here!"

I think you've solved your own problem...live out of the Dodge.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Just want to put out a "Hello, glad to have you along!" to Technismo, Jared & Shane. Where do you guys hale from? Where's the photo of your WJ? 4.0 or V8? Quadratrac or Selecttrac? Stock or Modified? PB&J or bolonga? Seafood: grilled, steamed, fried or on the half shell? Kirk or Prichard? Meat: rare or well done? Will the universe continually expand or rebound on itself? Tent, Trailer or RTT? ....

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
jim65wagon said:
I think you've solved your own problem...live out of the Dodge.

Hopefully I'll never anger Michelle enough for that to be my living quarters, not enough room for all my junk.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Are you guys running CBs? Ifso I think I going to pull mine from the jeep and put it in my truck. If not I'm going back to the couch:)

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I was told by Jim that I have to put my CB in my truck, that I can't show up with a dirty truck (though work grime is it's natural coloring), that all my equipment must be color matched and monogrammed, no ball caps only Tilley hats, must give up my parking place to Toyotas, wear only campshirts in khaki and no sleeveless T-shirts, and must refer to him as James and not Jimbo.

I think I'll put my CB in then go kick Jimbo's *ss.:littlefriend:

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
LOL Mark. Freak. Awesome! :D

I'm running a CB. Its handy. It got some use last year, but its probably not a big deal. :)

Picard. Patrick Stewart's performance is more compelling, and I also think his character just seems like a more competent captain.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Haggis said:
I was told by Jim that I have to put my CB in my truck, that I can't show up with a dirty truck (though work grime is it's natural coloring), that all my equipment must be color matched and monogrammed, no ball caps only Tilley hats, must give up my parking place to Toyotas, wear only campshirts in khaki and no sleeveless T-shirts, and must refer to him as James and not Jimbo.

I think I'll put my CB in then go kick Jimbo's *ss.:littlefriend:

:xxrotflma Just get yerself a pith helmet and you'll be good to go:)

TechNismo

Haggis said:
Just want to put out a "Hello, glad to have you along!" to Technismo, Jared & Shane. Where do you guys hale from? Where's the photo of your WJ? 4.0 or V8? Quadratrac or Selecttrac? Stock or Modified? PB&J or bolonga? Seafood: grilled, steamed, fried or on the half shell? Kirk or Prichard? Meat: rare or well done? Will the universe continually expand or rebound on itself? Tent, Trailer or RTT? ....

I am a diehard toyota believer and work with toyotechwv I reign from Fayetteville,Wv. I discovered this site from Paul and thought it would be a great oppritunity to learn and share the things I am interested in. I drive a 1997 nissan h-body, 2.4, LSD. Yet in fear of not having a sufficiently equipped vehicle for the adventure I called on my cousin(shane) who has the Jeep G.C. its a 4.0 and purple, 3" susp., 31X10.50-Kumho M/T. We just installed the lift about three weeks ago so we are in the testing process...needless to say its going pretty well.lol We are pumped about the adventure and just think of it as a normal west virginia weekend....the normal things like fear of bears,snakes,coyotes,and those other posted discussion items..lol :chowtime: really we are excited to be apart and have this opportunity. We plan to leave asap on friday after work, if all goes well we will arrive just before dark. Looking foreward to meeting all of you!!

Incusus

Adventurer
sorry guys...

Logistical and financial issues are going to keep me from the meet-up. Sorry guys :(

Hopefully we can get something going east-coast style again soon....

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
TechNismo said:
I am a diehard toyota believer and work with toyotechwv I reign from Fayetteville,Wv. I discovered this site from Paul and thought it would be a great oppritunity to learn and share the things I am interested in. I drive a 1997 nissan h-body, 2.4, LSD. Yet in fear of not having a sufficiently equipped vehicle for the adventure I called on my cousin(shane) who has the Jeep G.C. its a 4.0 and purple, 3" susp., 31X10.50-Kumho M/T. We just installed the lift about three weeks ago so we are in the testing process...needless to say its going pretty well.lol We are pumped about the adventure and just think of it as a normal west virginia weekend....the normal things like fear of bears,snakes,coyotes,and those other posted discussion items..lol :chowtime: really we are excited to be apart and have this opportunity. We plan to leave asap on friday after work, if all goes well we will arrive just before dark. Looking foreward to meeting all of you!!

That hardbody would be just fine, good little truck. My sister had one as a vet truck and I think with 300,000 miles it was still going strong when her boss traded it in. Now bears and snakes are good eating and coyiotes have a nice pelt, so it's not us that has to fear it's them there critters.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Incusus said:
Logistical and financial issues are going to keep me from the meet-up. Sorry guys :(

Hopefully we can get something going east-coast style again soon....

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. Jim and I were planning to use you as bait in case Al got ideas, but now with Jared coming we should be able to modify the plans abit.

Maybe we can do a late Sept. or early Oct. trip when the leaves are turning.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it, Jeremiah. Another time, perhaps!

monongahela.gif

If anyone on the list needs to bail out for any reason, you may remove yourself from the list if you're on the same IP address as when you signed up.

http://ixplor.us/monongahela.php

That time is quickly approaching! I guess roughly a week before the trip, I'll distribute basic directions with GPS coordinates. Its easy to find.

Also, is everyone cool if I share the contact information you provided on the sign-up form with ALL participants but only participants? Just in case any participant needs to contact any other participant for whatever reason. Or would you prefer that I alone have the contact info?

Just curious - I'm cool if you guys have my cell for the trip, but everyone has different privacy concerns. :)

Incusus

Adventurer
Haggis said:
Jim and I were planning to use you as bait in case Al got ideas, but now with Jared coming we should be able to modify the plans abit.

Maybe we can do a late Sept. or early Oct. trip when the leaves are turning.

No one wants to eat me, I'm all stringy and fatty and tough, so I wasn't too worried about that :chowtime:

Jared, a tip about bait: Just remember you only have to be faster than the slowest guy out there. I don't think he could eat more than one in a weekend...

An early October trip would be perfect! Let me know if things take off in that direction.:wings:

sorry again for bailing guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk