315/75 General Grabber DOTs are on

MillerPKA

Observer
The whole package looks super! 4Wheeler gave the tires two thumbs up. Very little lead to balance and noise level was low. I like the red letters out and hopefully they don't turn pink soon! I wish that size was available in the 17's. It's a tad smaller than a 35-12.50-17. Great rig.

Yeah there has been a lot of curiosity over the lettering, only time will tell. As for sizes, hopefully they'll expand that soon..also a lot of commotion over that.

Thanks for the compliments everyone after 350 miles these things are great. Rebalanced and realigned after settling this morning and after slight adjustments to the toe its as smooth as a baby, the acoustic technology sounds great, can't wait to see what it does after a few thou. Enjoy the latest episode of picture whorage, cleaned the truck for the first time since...this is the proper introduction.

100_0498.jpg

100_0499.jpg

100_0500.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

tire.jpg

trump

Adventurist
Its pretty much common knowledge that the BFG A/T's SUCK in mud....

Who doesn't know this... the big issue is if they live up to BFG A/T's other strong points while still beating them in the mud. This is what I was getting at. I've already heard people bashing the DOT Grabbers snow traction. Something The BFG's are arguably the best in the business in. I wouldn't exactly be in a hurry to switch to tires that trade snow for mud performance, are heavier, and probably won't get the same ridiculously long tread life.

I'll be watching close, as I think they look to be a great tire (sparing the red letters.)

joker2041

Adventurer
Who doesn't know this... the big issue is if they live up to BFG A/T's other strong points while still beating them in the mud. This is what I was getting at. I've already heard people bashing the DOT Grabbers snow traction. Something The BFG's are arguably the best in the business in. I wouldn't exactly be in a hurry to switch to tires that trade snow for mud performance, are heavier, and probably won't get the same ridiculously long tread life.

I'll be watching close, as I think they look to be a great tire (sparing the red letters.)

I was not taking away from what the BFG A/T's are good at. Snow was not something that was mentioned. You specifically mentioned performance in mud. I like BFG A/T's quite well. Excellent road manners on wet or dry pavement. Great in snow. Crappy in mud.

trump

Adventurist
I was not taking away from what the BFG A/T's are good at. Snow was not something that was mentioned. You specifically mentioned performance in mud. I like BFG A/T's quite well. Excellent road manners on wet or dry pavement. Great in snow. Crappy in mud.

Yeah, my fault... wasn't clear about the comparison I was looking for on that one.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
That is a sexy 4Runner! Keep us updated on how the tires are working for you. I need some new shoes so I definitely want to know.

soonenough

Explorer
Nothing useful to contribute regarding the tires; I just wanted to tell you your 4Runner looks absolutely amazing :drool: I think the Red letters give it a unique look, something different than the norm

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Nothing useful to contribute regarding the tires; I just wanted to tell you your 4Runner looks absolutely amazing :drool: I think the Red letters give it a unique look, something different than the norm

For some odd reason the red lettering doesn't bother me any either.

How about some details on those limb lifters?

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I like these tires. I was going to go with plain old Grabber ATs but I can't find them anywhere. Ended up going with Treadwrights.

MillerPKA

Observer
Hey all, sorry I haven't really had any sort of off road testing on these. I'm in the process of moving to NC for a job and until I get a 2007 4Runner this one has to be my reliable dd, and with 227k on her I've got to pamper it as much as possible...when I get the new 4Runner this is going off of insurance and some real fun will begin.

As far as the road wear has been concerned I have put a few thousand on these with no increase in road noise since I bought them. I have been overly cautious of full clock of the wheels to ensure cupping and the sidewalls are holding up great! The red lettering is looking a little faded but it cleans right up with every scrub. I am still completely happy with the tires and oogle at them every time I go out to my car. Riding great, sounding great handling wonderfully. Again, sorry for the wimpy review so far but when I can afford to take it back to the trail you guys will get the rest of it. I did take them on a couple trails around my buddy's lake a few weeks back and after a period of heavy rains these tires didn't give me any problems.

here are a few poser shots I was able to take a while back

1-12.jpg

3-7.jpg

4-7.jpg

5clip.jpg

7-6.jpg

sasaholic

Adventurer
i know its only been a month, but im looking at these tires really hard right now. i can sell my km2's for about the price that i can get these grabbers for right now at 4wheelparts using my discount and the 100bucks off a set thing and its got me really thinkin if i should make the switch. i like my km2's, but dont think they are the greatest either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach