7 Week Eastern/Atlantic Canada Trip.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I'm starting this a little late as we only have a couple weeks left to go but as the old saying goes better late then never. Anyway my wife and I are doing a little Eastern Canada touring. Our trip has taken us from the hectic confines of Southern Ontario into Quebec, up into Labrador, south to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., through New Brunswick, and finally back into Quebec (where we are now). We are visiting family right now but we will be leaving tomorrow to explore a few more areas of Quebec before heading back to Ontario for 1 last week of touring.

The trip has been great with only two problems to date, 1) a corrupt SD card with some of our Labrador and Quebec pics, and 2) a blown seal on my driver side Donahoe coilover. I'm pretty sure we've lost most of the shock oil, the drivers side is a little bouncy, but we're taking things slow. As for the SD card, I'll deal with that when we get home.

My only complaint would have to be the crazy black flies in Labrador. I had heard they were bad but it was borderline insane, at least for us as we were camping. We spent most of our time rushing from the truck up into the tent and back. Mosquito nets and deet did very little to discourage the little buggers from trying to eat us alive. If you go to Labrador, go in the fall and save your sanity.

The rest of the trip has been a complete blast however, there are no words to describe just how great it has been for me. I have truely gained a new appreciation and love for my home of Canada. Anyway I'll spare you my blithering, here's a small sample of our pics.

Nova Scotia

4-1.jpg

Good7.jpg

Good3.jpg

Good2.jpg

144.jpg

228.jpg

253.jpg

193.jpg

6-1.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Great Pics looks like an amazing trip. I have wanted to go up there for some time now. Maybe next year.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Welcome to Eastern Canada!

Lost Canadian said:
I'm starting this a little late as we only have a couple weeks left to go but as the old saying goes better late then never.

Oh darn, too bad you did not post up before coming through New Brunswick! I live in the Southern part of New Brunswick and would have loved to meet up for quick tour of the area or a cold one. If you ever come by again give me some heads up. I'm glad you have had the opportunity to check out this part of Canada, it's beautiful but I'm slightly biased! :elkgrin:

Beautiful pictures by the way. We have some very talented photographers on ExPo. I never seem to catch that many nice shots.

Cheers :beer:,
P

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Thanks, Lost Canadian. Great Pics! My wife and I did the same route last year, opposite direction. Your photos bring the whole trip back...I recognize most of those spots! Great trip, enjoy the rest. We're leaving in about 2 weeks for a month to James Bay and North Quebec.
Regards,
RT

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Trevor,

thanks for sharing these pictures. I have been slowly trying to convince my Californian girlfriend to move to Quebec for a few months at some point in the future - I am missing my friends and family a lot these days....I sent her this link hoping it will facilitate the process...

:)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Lost Canadian said:

Man, if that were me and that were my truck, looking down that road.... I would be so freakin' happy. Great image!

While looking through your photos I saw so many places that had me thinking, "Man, I want to go there!" What a terrific adventure and an awesome set up to do it in.

7 weeks on the road.... Nice!! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy