90 Dodge CTD build(pics)

tonkadan84

You certainly replaced the 1st gen with something worthy, very nice. Would be great to see some more pics of that somewhere on the board. Build pics, specs? - hopefully. Might use a better suited thread or even start a new one, thanks for posting.

Yea, I kinda felt like I was hijack'n his thread, I'll start something on my truck soon.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
No Big Deal.

Anyway a few pics to get back on track.

Some fresh underhood shots.
Dodgepics002-4.jpg

Dodgepics001-4.jpg

Dodgepics005-4.jpg

Dodgepics006-5.jpg

blakeape

Adventurer
Nice choice on the tires, I run a set of 33x10.50R15 KM 2's on my 1988 4runner and am very happy with them. Great all around tire and I was pleasantly surprised with their performance in the snow.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
The one that goes across the motor is the line for the wastegate acctuator.

I put a little needle valve just before the acctuator so you don't have the manualy adjust the acctuator rod to set the gate.

The exhaust housing is off a 94 or 95 WH1C, The only original part of my turbo is the centersection and shaft. The 12cm spools much better than the original 18cm and even the 16cm I ran for years and actually cools just as good suprisingly.

Rot Box

Explorer
Nice to see a few pics of the engine! The 24v intake horn is a great upgrade too--its much larger than the stock one :coffeedrink:

I had the 12cm housing on my 92 and it was FREE. I posted on the Cumminsforum asking about the 12cm housings (mine came with a 21cm that was pretty much worthless imo) and there were few people that had anything good to say about that size. One guy said he hated them so bad that I could have his old one--I called his bluff and he sent it to me lol :Wow1: I personally think the 12cm matches the VE motor very well and it was without a doubt the best mod I did to mine. I think I pushed the H1C to its limits with that upgrade though because it wasn't hard to clear 30psi. Higher drive pressure, but the EGT's were always good though.

If you ever need a radiator try to find one from an intercooled first gen along with a different top hose. The outlet is on the opposite side as the inlet and it improves cooling quite a bit. Again sweet truck!

Andrew

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
I am at the limits of the H1c as I have it gated at 40 If I shut down the gate I can hit about 47 or 8, If I give it much more fuel i will need to upgrade to somthing like an S300.

FWIW, when I was N/IC I pushed the little H1C with a 16cm to 55 PSI daily I'm suprised it didn't blow up then.

But yes the 12cm matches a mild VE motor very well and they make it a lot more fun to drive in traffic.

Ahh yes, the benefit to a crossflow rad over a down flow. Funny thing is mine doesn't get hot even when running it hard on the street. As it is now I'm not running any sort of fan and probly won't put one back on till june. When I do upgrade radiators I will probly go with some sort of aftermarket aluminum radiator and some sort of electric fan setup.

Oh and thanks for the compliments.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Just got these today, now I can finally dump the stupid tall dodge blocks. These are the hangars that Jungle over on Ramchargercentral.com makes. Very high quality and very beefy[guitar]

Dodgepics001-1.jpg

Dodgepics002-1.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
I'l be running the same spring I have in my truck now. It is the top 2 original 1/4" leaves with 8 3/8" leaves stacked. I might rework em a bit. And yes it rides rough unloaded.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
1200 miles on the new KM2s

Well, got about 1200 miles on the KM2s and I am more than happy with em.

I've been running 65 psi in em and that seems to be just fine unloaded.

On the pavement they have good manners and are very quiet for a M/T and they havn't gotten any louder like some people said they would. In the deep snow they are awesome, in the hard pack they provide plenty of forward bite but they lack a little in lateral grip. In the dirt they are flat out awesome. I just got back fom a small 200 mile trip in the rain and they did great in the rain too contrary to what some people have said. And in the mud they do good even at low tire speeds.

All in all I love this tire and size and would buy em again without hesitation.

And Fwiw, the truck handles about 100 times better with the 255/80/17s over the old 35s I had on previosly.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Just a couple newish pics to keep you guys entertained as I havn't done much to the truck latley. I do plan on installing a freshly resealed Injection pump this week maybe, an will start on the shackle flip somtime in the near future after I aquire some short blocks and some new u-bolts.

Dodgepics007-5.jpg

Dodgepics006-6.jpg

Dodgepics001-6.jpg

Dodgepics002-6.jpg

Dodgepics001-7.jpg

Dodgepics007.jpg

Dodgepics005-1.jpg

Dodgepics004-1.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
I just love seeing odometers reading that high :wings: I'm pretty sure that the people that bought these trucks new got every penny's worth and then some!

I'd give anything to be able to have a Bosch VE pump on my IDI :drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy