96 Monty SR Build! Slowly but surely.

DanF.

Adventurer
Every time I click on this thread.

28_181.jpg

Dereksd

Adventurer
[/QUOTE]t take you to do this? Planning on doing this to my Monty. Same year and everything.[/QUOTE]

image.jpg
These were the backup lights;1 package
image.jpg
These are the cargo/door lights;1 package
image.jpg
These are the dome lights;1 package
image.jpg
These were for the flip down sunshield
image.jpg
These were for the dash/HVAC/key ignition/everything else small;2 packages
image.jpg
This was also for the dash;1 package
If you have any questions on installation ask me or I'm sure there's a thread on here with how to change them out. Pretty self explanatory though

Swift_45a

Observer
View attachment 320374View attachment 320375

Cleaned the ride today (even though I'll probably be having fun with it very soon)
Hoping to put in a new timing belt along with a water pump over the break. Anything else non expensive to replace??

Ball joints, CV boots, and tie rod ends anything rubber on the front and rear suspension really; those things are notoriously destroyed on these rigs; depending on how you define 'expensive' and what your budget allows: shocks need to be replaced, too.

Maybe some paint stripper to get rid of the bling off those wheels, I'm lucky I got a 96 SR without the chrome wheels. Alternatively mud and dirt makes everything better. :victory:

I see you posted your order for the LED links and they're all from Amazon, I'm wondering if any of you guys want to do a Group Buy for stuff on there as I work in FinTech and have a way to get a 20% discount off of Amazon.

Small LED purchases would be the ideal start, from there we can do bigger purchases. Let me know, and we can discuss the details.

Dereksd

Adventurer
Ball joints, CV boots, and tie rod ends anything rubber on the front and rear suspension really; those things are notoriously destroyed on these rigs; depending on how you define 'expensive' and what your budget allows: shocks need to be replaced, too.

Maybe some paint stripper to get rid of the bling off those wheels, I'm lucky I got a 96 SR without the chrome wheels. Alternatively mud and dirt makes everything better. :victory:

I see you posted your order for the LED links and they're all from Amazon, I'm wondering if any of you guys want to do a Group Buy for stuff on there as I work in FinTech and have a way to get a 20% discount off of Amazon.

Small LED purchases would be the ideal start, from there we can do bigger purchases. Let me know, and we can discuss the details.

Yeah I definitely thought about all that rubber and the shocks wearing out so much after time just wasn't sure what to change. I'll look into that though thanks! What kind of shocks? I still want the adjustable type. thanks!

ZapMontero

Off-Road Newbie
Thanks for the info on the lights! Grill guard actually came with the Monty when I purchased it, lucky me lol

Dereksd

Adventurer
Not a problem! Post some pics up when you do it! And lucky you with the grill guard!:drool: I've been looking for one for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC