A 03 Disco II Build

aarcaris94

I finally got my an 04 transfer case thanks to pgoodrich. I just went ahead and did a full case swap rather then just the locking mech. I have it all hooked up now and with a push of the lever and 3 chimes later a light comes on and I am all locked. Haven't been able to get out and fully test it but can't wait. It seems that my ideas for my Disco are progressively getting more extreme and now I am starting to throw around some ideas to do custom suspension set up in the rear instead of the radius arms. I am playing with the idea of a 4link design in the rear and possibly redoing the front to be a 3link. I am Looking for the most information that I can before I fully go for the idea, So if anyone has any experience or suggestions on this feel free to let me know what you think of this?

aarcaris94

In preparations for my upcoming trip I have been busy getting My rover ready and testing everything out. I bought lucky 8 disconnecting sway bars, and I have to say they helped a lot with front articulation. I also did my head gaskets, bought a Ultra Gauge, and a few other maintenance thing. I got an awesome deal on a CVT roof top tent that I couldn't pass up on. It is used but it was an amazing deal. I am almost done with my tire swing out system. I Have finished my jerry can mounts so all thats left is the vertical bike rack. Next weekend I should be installing my Ashcroft HD axles if that show up by then and then I will be looking good for my trip. I wish I could get more done before the trip but I am running out of time at this point.

Last edited:

hk9176251

nice work i was considering building my own bumper too can i ask what you did about airbag sensors ,how you worked around them without setting them off or removing them without doing same

Screenshot_2014-02-05-19-06-23[1].jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-03-18-11-30[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-03-18-11-30[1].jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 66

pgoodrich

Observer
Austin it has been a while. Glad to hear you got the t case swap done. I am interested in seeing where you are at with the disco now.

aarcaris94

Stage two will be a totally reconstruction of suspension. I want to do 12" coilovers front 14" coilovers rear. Using a 3 link up front and a 4 link in the rear. If I can I want to do a internal cage and put in 4 bucket seats with harnesses. I am taking inspiration from
abyva4u9.jpg
http://www.fourwheeler.com/features...d-cruiser-fj60-doomsday-prepped/photo-01.html We will see how much I can actually do but that's what I said before I did 35s so...

aarcaris94

Well I think I can only dream of stage three. Engine swap would be amazing. Or ditching the whole expo style and do just a trail rig similar to Greg Davis's disco
su4utuga.jpg

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
He has a sweet trail truck and he's also a super nice guy who makes quality products. His rear bumper is perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online