A 03 Disco II Build

Lono

Adventurer
Just saw this thread. Great job! Very impressive, well thought out build. Those are some of the nicest homebuilt bumpers i've seen.
I may have missed it, but what gearing did you go with? Did you do the HD axles yet?

Again, nice work.

Steve

aarcaris94

Just saw this thread. Great job! Very impressive, well thought out build. Those are some of the nicest homebuilt bumpers i've seen.
I may have missed it, but what gearing did you go with? Did you do the HD axles yet?

Again, nice work.

Steve

Hey Steve,
Thanks for all the compliments. I think my Rover is really coming along and working well. For the gearing I put 4.37 and haven't done the HD axles yet but defiantly will be putting them in. Thanks
Austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aarcaris94

Here are some picture of the latest updates on my car. I made a front skid. I am working on gas can racks for the rear tire swing now as well. Then it will be fallowed by diff guards ,rock sliders and rear skid.

Drover

Adventurer
Nice job on that front skid. I like how it contours to the angles of the bumper. Well executed.

yubert

Explorer
D2 CDL w/linkage

I know that there are engine problem with them but still not sure what I'm going to do about it. I think I might use a 04 gear box for the cdl but still not sure trying to figure it out as I go. If you have any suggestion or ideas I would really appreciate it.

I have a friend that has a D2 transfer case w/CDL nipple + CDL linkage for sale. He's down in your area, Temecula/Wildomar. Let me know if you're interested....

Lono

Adventurer
I did the CDL conversion on my '02 and it was transformative for the truck. Highly recommended. And again, beautiful rig you have there. Jealous of all the great places you have to explore out west with it.

Steve

yubert

Explorer
Ya it is running great on the trails. Still trying to find its limits. I'm defiantly still getting use to it and finding the things that will help improve things. Next will be disconnecting sway bars and some skids and other rock protection as well as finishing up my rear swing out.

Regarding disconnecting sway bars, since you have fab skills, you ought to make your own with heim joints. I have a set from EE (made by JKS) but the bottom eyelet broke on both sides because the metal loop would hit the axle housing. I'm now running an old set I got from HiCountry Offroad 5 years ago. They use heim joints and don't hit the axle housing. I had switched to the JKS because they were beefier than HiCountry and HiCountry tended to undersize a lot of their bolts.

Last edited:

aarcaris94

Regarding disconnecting sway bars, since you have fab skills, you ought to make your own with heim joints. I have a set from EE (made by JKS) but the bottom eyelet broke on both sides because the metal loop would hit the axle housing. I'm now running an old set I got from HiCountry Offroad 5 years ago. They use heim joints and don't hit the axle housing. I had switched to the JKS because they were beefier than HiCountry and HiCountry tended to undersize a lot of their bolts.

Do you have any pictures of yours just so I could get a visual on it?

pgoodrich

Observer
Aarcaris94 just saw his LR today. Thumbs up on his build and fab skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online