A 03 Disco II Build

aarcaris94

I realize its not easy and already understand what I need to replace and I am ready to replace all of it. So I'm just looking to find out what would be a good back spacing. FSU Disco I am getting the full lift but am breaking it into two parts. I am going to get the rest of what I need in a month or so. I am going to re-gear and get get lockers as well I was thinking of just doing air lockers to just do it right once and not have to worry about it. I am going to be getting heavy duty axles/cv's as well. Thanks for the input as well.

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
This is the bumper design that I like and kinda designing off of plus adding a swing away

That is Luke Miles Disco from The shop. I believe this rear bumper is made locally in Ga but you will have to call Luke at 678-352-4900 he may be able to make one for you
I see you went with RTE good decision. Yours is coming along nicely

Last edited:

aarcaris94

Thanks, Im excited to get the lift all on and for my rear bumper to be done. I ended up just drawing up my own plans for a rear bumper. It will have an integrated tire swing to care my new 35 spare and I am possible planning to have two jerry cans one each side of the tire Also I'm going to try to build a custom bike rack off of that so the bikes will hang vertically and will swing out so I can still get into the door with out unloading all the bikes and what not. This is kinda what I mean by the Bike rack.
Cal Pye 2.jpg

aarcaris94

So I've done lots of work since I posted last. last weekend I installed my RTE 4 inch lift with Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35's, Ashcroft air lockers front and rear, and rear Tom Woods drive shaft.Thanks to Lucky 8 for having everything I needed. Couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Discount had screwed up and ordered the wrong tire for me so for a few days I was running Nitto Mud Grappler. They were way to gnarly for my taste and loud. I also finished most of my rear bumper and am very happy with the results now just need to finnish the swing out so I can fit my new 35 spare along with my jerry cans. I will post some pictures of it actually off road once I can get out. Let me know how you think the bumper turned out and how you think the 4inch lift looks with 35's. This is pictures of the bumper build and the lift install.
Thanks for looking.

The bumper start

New Diffs and Stuff

Last edited:

aarcaris94

Allright well I am not done with my tire swing out but this is the start of it. Still to come will be two jerry can mounts on either side of the spare and my vertical bike rack over the whole thing. I also Have installed new RTE radius arms and also a new fox steering stabilizer.
Here is a picture of the swing out and some pictures of my last trip to Big Bear.

Last edited:

aarcaris94

Ya it is running great on the trails. Still trying to find its limits. I'm defiantly still getting use to it and finding the things that will help improve things. Next will be disconnecting sway bars and some skids and other rock protection as well as finishing up my rear swing out.

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
wow your truck is really coming along...here is by far the best rock protection for the diffs...
http://www.tacticalrovers.com/

I also really like the RTE skidplate but I do not have the rocks like you do

I am thinking air lockers as well for my Trek either ARB or Ashcrofts Can you give me a report on the Ashcrofts, are they noisy? Did you do the HD axles as well with all the other HD parts?

David

goneagain

Observer
great looking disco. We just bought a D1 to build.

How is that disco on sidehills? IM thinking its pretty sketchy with 35" rubber.

aarcaris94

I am thinking air lockers as well for my Trek either ARB or Ashcrofts Can you give me a report on the Ashcrofts, are they noisy? Did you do the HD axles as well with all the other HD parts?

David

I like the Ashcroft so far. I called Justin at Lucky8 when I was ordering and asked him which one he would suggest and he said Ashcroft. No noise that I can hear. As far as the axles I haven't done them yet but will be doing them as soon as I can.

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
I like the Ashcroft so far. I called Justin at Lucky8 when I was ordering and asked him which one he would suggest and he said Ashcroft. No noise that I can hear. As far as the axles I haven't done them yet but will be doing them as soon as I can.
thanks
what did you use for the compressor?

aarcaris94

thanks
what did you use for the compressor?

I am using an ARB high output compressor. So far it's good not to loud and was fairly easy to install. I put it in my rear compartment on my disco. I am thinking of adding an extra tank to it to help speed up airing up tires. But just for the lockers it's perfect just kinda slow on tire inflation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online