A Hummer H3 built for everything.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
5FDF8612-62D6-4104-B53C-68B655606C43-15931-00000318F383DF17.jpg

Slowly but surely, I'm finding some time to do small pending projects here and there. I had a couple of gigs cancelled so I took advantage to tackle the MFC carrier. I drilled and tapped the holes for both the license plate and the LED plate light. Used my old Cali plates to align everything. Wired the plate light and added the same plug I have on the spare tire license plate light. So now it's just unplug and unbolt spare tire carrier, and plug and bolt on the MFC carrier. :) One down..... I don't know how many to go. :( Will probably tackle the hood vent conversion next.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Getting ready to start some serious mods to get it ready for the Vermont Overland Trophy. Stay tuned. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

rayra

Expedition Leader
I guessing your in Cali land of the you cant.. I love the build dont get me wrong just seems like you may see some issues trying to tag it..

Just see some major blind spots..

Other than that.. This is a wicked build :) Keep up dating its like crack to me now

The problem with most people's blinkered misunderstanding of CA is that CA's not entirely screwed up. vehicle code is 'no back window = sideview mirrors on both sides'

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
FFA2DFEF-FF3B-4B53-B7AB-002AD1F7449A.jpg

And it begins!!!! Starting to prep the truck for the Vermont Overland Trophy!!!!!!! :D Rear seats are out to make room for the 40" spare. Will it fit?????

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
57146522-0173-4B78-A2B3-D46DDFE6E877.jpg

It fits!!!! That's a 40" tire. It went in with no effort. :D Next to try with the complete wheel. First I'll have to organize the tie downs for the ratchets straps because the next time I put the complete wheel in, it's not coming back out. Way too heavy to be handling.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Freebird

Adventurer
Thumbs up/cool! (emoticons that failed here)
Major modifications, and sometime "minor" modifications, usually have lots of "issues" to deal with.
Glad you hung with it and resolved the many issues....
..and thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

Last edited:

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
E7BBA4CF-9B53-4C95-8CCE-93636AEFD8F4.jpg

I Duracoated in Flat Dark Earth some HUMMER letters from an H2 that were given to me. I plan to put them on the grill just like the H2. I'm doing it because I kept getting people asking me: "What kind of Jeep is that?"

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
BC1D5D8A-D997-4704-AF08-BB2D0D8BBF89.jpg

CE55A7C4-EDF5-42CE-9E38-4D37363C2087.jpg

After years of having this on the back burner, I finally got my HUMMER letters on the grill. No more Jeep questions. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
265B5821-8BC4-4582-9CB7-9738323FA4D3.jpg

Mission accomplished. Full size 40" spare is off the tailgate and now inside the truck. Made wood bases to hide original seat bolts otherwise they would end up damaging the spare. Tie downs and ratchet strap included to secure the heavy spare in case of an accident or roll. Safety net acts as a secondary if primary fails. GTG!!!!!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
0A06ABC6-0823-4F45-9E6C-3FD68736A7F2.jpg

Put on some street friendly wheels. The IROKs were wearing out from daily driving and it was becoming expensive. These are rated to last 30,000 and cost 1/3 of the IROKs. They're also 40s so no need to regear or adjust speedo.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner