AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
OK I got my son Mikie to help out today as promised

I started to tape things off while he started the sanding process, more of that

with the 3M pad Mostaliner included & the one I bought it was worthless, too much clear coat on my rig

so we started at at 100grit & that still didnt look right so I had him take everything down with 60

it seemed like the sanding was never going to end for him

while I worked on this side removing all the 3m tape residue

passenger side almost all done !

finally got both sides down which felt like forever but prep is more important than anything here

started off rolling the passenger side first, doesnt look too bad

the side is the sun was a bit of a challenge, the mostaliner didnt like the heat & started to chuck up on us regardless of thinning it with some more MEK

here are the final pics sitting in my driveway @6pm hours later

Oh we also coated the back side of the rocker panels too, so one gallon was almost enough if the rollers didnt mess up

I should have ordered 2 spares since the 2 with the kit wasnt enough

thinking the heat & my black rig didnt help matters

its done good enough with a slight orange peel effect that doesnt look half bad

now to let it cure over night rain free

& with the small amount we had left Mikie ran some over our M416 for good measure to use the last of it up

& on the way home I stopped at the bank to fetch him some $$ for his hard work

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Sweet

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

thanks

its only one coat, I need to buy another gallon & get more on it when its a bit cooler out

the heat from what everyone is telling me is what caused the problem we encountered, go figure

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
July 31st 2015

I had cabin fever again, its either sit at home & stare at the same 4 walls & be in pain or go out exploring, so we did just that.

So I decided to head up to my favorite spot & get some new photos with the Monstaliner

I thought my decal in the photo looked good

So we headed over to Blueberry Hill to get some blueberries, sadly we missed the cash crop by a week or so too late. We picked what we could find, went to another area & got some red caps & black berries to add to the mix as well. The youngest wants to use these in the hotcakes tomorrow, sounds good to me.

Knowing this wasn't going to be enough we stopped off at the local farm stand & got a quart of blueberries to add to our mix along with some other goodies.

Decided it was time since I had the winch on to go check out the trail that had me bothered for fear of being stuck. I was amazed at just how smooth the classIV trail was once I got over the peak.

This pullover looks like a perfect camping spot

I turned around right before the beaver dam while the little one scouted out more berries.

OH almost forget there was this 3500 with a camper at blueberry hill, nice setup.

I just had to get some scenic shots today…hopefully the cell worked

I don't want to bore everyone with photos,
Video later

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
everyone at the garage wanted to know what was on my rig today, Monstaliner !

little one wanted to do more fishing off the beaten path

& then I got looking at this HUGE old tree, it had to be at least 8' diameter no kidding

couldnt get the whole top into the lense

& of course the princess fishing

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I havent updated anything in a few days, it feels as if we were non stop

Saturday, over to NY to get a wifi router for my new HSMM mesh node

my friend Bernie calls me on the radio & invites me & my daughter over to show off his new home & to visit

now I know why I prefer the country

seen these old classics one town up, on the way home, I wish i had some spare $$

almost home that evening, man I love where I live

Sunday we had to go North to get my daughter after her 3 week stint with VYCC, so glad she's now home, she is on the left

so today after doing some school shopping we tried that smooth trail again, this way all the way through the valley, only hit twice on the rear tire carrier & the dam area wasnt all that bad now

I'm not sure how I feel when I see signs like this in the middle of nowhere & yes it was by a gate

& what felt like forever but was only about 45 minutes we finally made it over to chittenden & the girls wanted to feed the fish, so we stopped at the hatchery, surprised the rig wasnt muddier

& that my friends was our mini adventures

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
was really bored, been sitting home for who knows how many days now

decided to go place a geocache at my favorite place

& the monster decal on the drivers side far rear window

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
my new antenna came in today, 4 days late but I heard that the piggy back tractor trailer went off the road in a work zone, hopefully the driver is OK

had to make a video when I put it on

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Is that antenna 2m only or dual band?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

its dual band 2M & 440, I'm amazed with it so far

3db gain for 2M & 5.5 for 440 they claim

a bit too tall (38") for off road where its mounted now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member