AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Here is the slideshow from our WW1VT ARRL field day event

Ill post a video instead
we have no idea how well we did, it was for fun & in that we succeeded

if you participated please post some in return as is always nice to see others setup etc

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
looks like my gopro was having issues, I've noticed it before when its really hot outside

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Jr got the 98 Jeep grand cherokee laredo paid off from my parents today for a whopping $800, registered, insured etc too

its his first vehicle so dont laugh too hard

it was my moms since new, it has 150K on it & comes with summer tires & winters on a steel set of rims

he added a few decals tonight LOL & is talking about a mild lift (already)

we're going to my storage unit tomorrow to dig out the 10" boom box, amp & old cd stereo I have thats not being used, my kind of additional thank you for all the wrench twisting he does on my rig for me

I'll see if I can tease him to join

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
...had to run over to Proctor & get a copy of my birth cert in order to renew my drivers license...

so I did some light exploring along the way

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Lot of work / mods, now you just have to keep ahead of the rust. Don't know how you northeast guys do it. I've been in the desert southwest most of my driving life, and I've had my pickup for 30yrs. Had to do plenty of work on it over that time and that was without road salt and that stuff you guys call 'seasonal weather'.

I heartily recommend taking a look at rockauto.com for great pricing on parts. I only recently found out about them myself and they've already saved me hundreds over the local and regional chain auto parts stores.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Vortec-Guys!-Sierra-pickup-Suburban-Yukon-etc

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Lot of work / mods, now you just have to keep ahead of the rust. Don't know how you northeast guys do it. I've been in the desert southwest most of my driving life, and I've had my pickup for 30yrs. Had to do plenty of work on it over that time and that was without road salt and that stuff you guys call 'seasonal weather'.

I heartily recommend taking a look at rockauto.com for great pricing on parts. I only recently found out about them myself and they've already saved me hundreds over the local and regional chain auto parts stores.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Vortec-Guys!-Sierra-pickup-Suburban-Yukon-etc

Yes its a chore that never ends

I'll check out your build, thanks for sharing

ZMagic97

Explorer
I was looking at post #283 for some info since I saw your ham set-up in the picture thread. How did you mount that Icom between the center console and radio/storage area? I have an 05 Silverado and 06 Sierra I may want to do the same to.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I was looking at post #283 for some info since I saw your ham set-up in the picture thread. How did you mount that Icom between the center console and radio/storage area? I have an 05 Silverado and 06 Sierra I may want to do the same to.

Sir,
I cant find the photo but its mounted on the plastic panel directly underneath the steering wheel, however the LDG autotuner is mounted in the center console; its a tight squeeze but it fits

Order a pair of 18w 60 degree flood pattern LED's for the front to replace the one the deer took out a couple of years ago, hard to believe its been almost 2 years already

couldnt get the old brackets off, the cheap chinese nuts were corroded so they'll have to wait for the grinder
on a slight angle but work (pic before I adjusted them)

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
my old cell phone broke/died after 4 years...so I got this one & case

decided after the thunder storms passed us by I'd try out its camera & get some ice cream

next weekend we're going to the exploringNh overland training to get our hands dirty, wish me luck

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Me & Mojo attended the ExploringNH Intro to Overlanding July 15 2016
it was held at the backwoods off road park...
This course is unequivocal to say the least, the course is by no means a walk in the park, they test your limits
man were my eyes opened when we hit the trails & some very tight squeezes too
sadly I left because the trails are too rough for my injury, the rest are there having fun still
my daughter snapped the pics, I was too busy sweating bullets

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach