Adam's 2005 4runner v8 overland build!

zidaro

Explorer
Damn! Looking good

Sweet moto, is it plated? LMK when your heading toward the Sierras Eastside or Death Valley. Ready to ride.

Civiceg94

Observer
I was wondering if you adjusted your icon for more height. I have the same as yours. But your front looks higher.

I was wondering if you adjusted your icon for more height. I have the same as yours. But your front looks higher.

Since those pictures it has actually been adjusted down 1/2 inch, and I have added sliders.

Hlj31Fz.jpg

Any way you have the measurements for the Box build?

As far as the video goes etc. It looks like we'll be putting together some kits that are CNC cut for people to purchase... (this is one option and the other will likely be blueprints and cut instructions). This is a lot of work in the making...

Also I'm selling my stock XREAS suspension and roof rack if anyone is interested...

mounty71

Observer
Did I pass you on 17 last night heading from Santa Cruz to the bay? If not, some other guy's cramping your style!

Did I pass you on 17 last night heading from Santa Cruz to the bay? If not, some other guy's cramping your style!

Yes you did! I was headed back from working on this...!

Dual Battery System Has Been Added
  • Hey Guys, I found a local fabricator who was able to make a bolt in Dual Battery Tray out of aluminum for the 4runner, no modification required for install.
  • I figure there may be some interest for others to order this, if so please DM me and I will see if he will make more!

Here's the newly updated budget :eek:

U8Wt1Hh.jpg

Some pictures of the progress and test fitting
iN6gRHQ.jpg

MooTjrT.jpg

also!
Located in SF Bay Area I have the following for sale. please make an offer and pick up only!

-Entire stock XREAS suspension for 2005 v8 sport (except for hardlines and cylinders) this includes UCA's, shocks, and coils. (108k miles on it)

-Stock Sport roof rack silver with endcaps. only small mark from mounting tepui RTT on horizontal bars.

slomatt

Adventurer
The new battery tray looks good. Did your dual battery kit come with wiring, or are you going to have to custom fab some battery cables?

- Matt

The new battery tray looks good. Did your dual battery kit come with wiring, or are you going to have to custom fab some battery cables?

- Matt

Got some 4 gauge welding wire that should do the trick. :wings:

As for the battery tray I will discuss costs with the Fabricator and keep you guys in the loop!

Alright guys, after about....
10 computer crashes
2 blue screens of death
500gb of data moved
200 clips recorded
3 hours of footage
30+hours of editing, and about 8 months of editing delays....the video from my Big Sur trip is FINALLY done.

We camped during "El Nino" along the Big Sur Coast, and had almost 20 inches of rain in three days. :Wow1:

This isn't some "epic adventure video". The goal was to show how fun and easy it can be to travel our fantastic state, and try to encourage others to do the same- no matter the weather.

Please SHARE, LIKE, & COMMENT on the actual video!!!! :elkgrin::wings::)
THANK YOU & ENJOY!
**Fullscreen @ 1080p and Headphones Recommended**

Map of total trip
sNGB9MR.jpg

90% of the way there boys! :wings::sombrero::Wow1::)
zLzH4gm.jpg

EfbukR7.jpg

wjpwriO.jpg

Any Feedback or things the community would like to see improved upon would be much appreciated!

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
Those turned out really nice!
Are you gonna put some sort of led lights in lift gate for night time cooking?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scolpax