Aeon Rubber

engineer

Adventurer
Email sent also..... I won't hold my breath, the Americans don't want to sell to us mere Aussies.........:-(

Overland Hadley

on a journey
If you guys want you could order the parts and have them shipped to me. Then I could ship them on to you in AU.

I could ship them in a flat rate box, so shipping cost would be easy to figure. And shipping to the US is free from SD.

Doing this just to be helpful. Send me a PM if you are interested.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
Email sent also..... I won't hold my breath, the Americans don't want to sell to us mere Aussies.........:-(

Having lived in North Jersey for 7 years, I am not surprised that a company on Long Island isn't very helpful. As a friend of mine who is from that area said, "Anything west of the Hudson River is populated by rubes and hicks"
I bought my Aeons from Tex Trail Trailer Parts in Odessa, Texas. Very helpful folks. www.textrail.com If they can't help you, they'll tell you.
Their hours are 0800 -1730 M - F. CDT (GMT-5)
Good Luck

engineer

Adventurer
Hi Gentlemen,

All good, we have contact!!!!

Defenderbeam, do you have the part numbers for the front and rear kits?

Thanks
Chocko

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Well done , which company emailed you back?
How much is the freight?
I am still waiting.

MFFFGA Fronts 2003-2009
MFRFG Rears 2003-2009

Overland Hadley thank you very much for the offer.

engineer

Adventurer
Hi Pete,

Need part numbers, as ours is an FG84D 2010......

D.Beams truck looks the same as the new model!!.

Thanks For the offer Hadley, and also for the input Don't Panic Hippo Mechanic!!!!

Thanks

Chock

engineer

Adventurer
Here we go folks, who said we never achieve anything here....(silly wife)

Following are the prices

MFRFG $283.35
MFFFGA $194.95

Following are the shipping options:

$155.44 - USPS - Priority Mail International
$177.55 - UPS Worldwide Expedited
$179.27 - USPS - Express Mail International (EMS)

We currently do not have the MFFFGA online. If you would like to order online, you can order the MFRFG and place a note in the order to ship a MFFGA also and the shipping option you would like. We will update your order before billed. You can also phone us if you prefer.
It will take us 3-4 business days to get the kits in stock.

Thank you,

Marc Warezak
Michigan Truck Spring

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Michigan Truck Srings came through !!!!
Kit arrived today and will fit them tomorrow.

Hey i got contact now too, the first email i sent though was on my work email so their reply may have blocked as spam.

So Chock have you fitted yours yet if so how did it all go for you?
Any pics?

engineer

Adventurer
Hi Pete,
Not yet mate, We had a massive failure. The FG84D hstarted haemorrhaging oil at less than 1000K, Westco took the 'box off and did a run up. They found that the oil was coming not from tthe rear main as first suggested, but from the sub frame that holds the main bearings in place, but to remedy the leak, they had to remove the sub frame, but found that they had to remove the timing cover, which requires the head off.
Once the engine was removed from the truck (GGGRRRRR) and pulled down, there was a gap of less than 1/2" where some glue screening machine skipped (maybe an air bubble in the feed) and the cone smoking moron who was supposed to be watching was too busy pulling a bong whilst getting blown by a $2 hooker or something to thet effect.
As a result, I haven't had the machine in my 'shop, it is still at Westco and probably will be until mid next week.
Pics and stuff coming when I get the bloody thing back.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
OH bum, that is not too good at all mate.
I hope it all works out well for you guys.
Going to order a front kit from them next week sumtime.
We will post sum photos when we do.

engineer

Adventurer
Righto Pete,

Got the truck back, not leaking, good sign.
Fitted the Aeons today, needed to drill out the rear mounting holes on the chassis, that was my only hurdle. I'm yet to take it for a drive, don't know if I will either.
I've had a serious personality clash with another staff member and have found a job working with a good mate in operations for an Aviation Charter company.

Sorry guys, but I may not be a contirbuting member soon, as cessna talk wont get far around here.

Will post pics later this week.

Chock

engineer

Adventurer
Here's how the fitting went,
At first the holes were too small for the bolts supplied
IMG_0116.jpg

So then I had to drill the bastard out, which isn't an issue with the drill resharpened for battery drill cutting speed.
IMG_0118.jpg

then the bolt went through with about .25 mm tolerance, nice...
IMG_0119.jpg

As you can see, not much chance of it working until it's loaded...
IMG_0120.jpg

Steers were easier with a 3/4" Impact gun, loosened the U bolts and removed the bumpstop.
IMG_0121.jpg

Slide the new Aeons in and retighten the U bolts
IMG_0122.jpg

Compare the Old V's New, You can see the difference the progressive Aeon has over the std. bump stop. And I agree with Defenderbeam (and his dog, which you would never want to argue with!!!) the steers show an immediate improvement, as I'm sure the rears will.
IMG_0123.jpg

Thanks
Chock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven