Aeon Rubber

kerry

Expedition Leader
Ok, I may have been mistaken on the problem fit. I was basing my opinion on what I could feel from reaching up into the frame rail from below. With the cab tilted, I can now see that there are two bolts which hold the rubber stop in place. It's possible that the MFFFG mounting plate will fit in one of those bolt holes and another bolt hole holding the motor mount to the frame. However, after my conversation with Ed Sanders, I'm thinking that simply mounting the rubber part thru one of the existing rubber stop mounting holes is actually a better option. I'm not looking for more load carrying capacity in the front like the people running snow plows, I'm looking for a less harsh bump stop.
I'll update once I get the chance to install.
If indeed the mounting plate needs to be installed, I'm hoping the nut on the motor mount plate is welded to the inside of the frame rail because I don't see any way of accessing it with a wrench.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Looks alright aye.

You can also see how it lines up. seems a little off, but maybe it makes sense with the rounded square axle shape?

Dont forget that as the axle moves up, it will also move back, due to the leaves flattening.

alan

Explorer
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see why you would fit these Aeon Rubber, your just treating the symptoms not the cause, the springs need attention.

engineer

Adventurer
Hi Alan,
I'm looking to fit them on my fleet, as we had our springs done (extended) and with previous experience using them on an M.A.N., they allow axle articulation where as the sway bar tries to limit it.
As you travel along the telegraph track on Cape York Peninsula, With a sway bar, the truck will swing from side to side as the axes drop into holes/washouts etc.... but the aeons allow the axle to drop into the holes without dragging the truck into the hole as well.
Hope this is of some help,
Chock

engineer

Adventurer
Hi Pete,
I need aeons yesterday, but with the GFC, we are in save mode.
I've had 2 different fellas do the extentions, IMHO, your probably better off to get John at Allterrain warriors to do it, as i've had issues both times.
Chock

engineer

Adventurer
I attached a picture of the rear aeon. FG84.

There is about an inch of space between it and the axle and that is with the bare cab/chassis. stock leafs with the helpers deleted.

You can also see how it lines up. seems a little off, but maybe it makes sense with the rounded square axle shape?

Hi Dbeam,

Did you get your kit from SD truck springs?

Thanks,
Chock

engineer

Adventurer
I've shot an email via the website mate, but no answer as yet....
If we did business like that.......
and i thought american companies had the best customer service in the world........

PKDreamers

Adventurer
I just emailed them (SD) too about the cost of shipping to aus.
So il let you know how long it takes to get a reply.
It is the right time to buy with the great price of the aussie $$$$.

Chocko thanks for the info on the springs looks like we will have to save sum coin before we get new springs.
It is on the wish list which for sum reason get bigger and bigger.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Interesting to hear your guys plight with ordering Timbrens from SD.

I ordered a custom sized kit from them and they sent me something different. The only way I knew it was the wrong one is because I had gone through the PDF's looking at the dimensions of the springs.

SD was okay to work with. They eventually got the correct set of parts sent out to me.

Another option for Timbrens would be these guys. www.truckspring.com I have not worked with them, but they might be better than SD at answering emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven