Aeon Rubber

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Has anyone tried them, and if so are they ay good, and if so how long do they last and....oh shut up chocko.

Yeah Chock. Paul tried them way, way back but then he tried a lot of different things in the early days as you'd know. IIRC he said they were fine. I'll have to quiz him again and get back to you but I know we haven't bothered with them in my time here anyway.

John.

engineer

Adventurer
Thanks mate, I think they'll be ok for what i want them for, maybe they wern't as good as Paul would've liked.

1Engine

Observer
G'day everyone, I stumbled across this whilst looking at an OKA, and would you believe it, they do kits for an FG, easy fit too.
Has anyone tried them, and if so are they ay good, and if so how long do they last and....oh shut up chocko.

http://www.timbren.com/timbren-application-guides/mitsubishi.htm

I've tried to order a set to see what happens on my 3.3 metre high SWB.

Hi, Can you keep us posted on how they go.
I see they don't list any for the front axle of the NPS300
Would mind catching up next year after I get back from my trip to Bris , Syd, Canberra
I see you buses go up through Mossman most days I am home.
Wadey

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018

Hey Wadey, not sure if you knew but all my family are in Mossman. Well Miallo anyway. That's their truck workshop, fuel depot, cane farm, etc on "Y" intersection as you head up to the Daintree from Mossman.

John.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
G'day everyone, I stumbled across this whilst looking at an OKA, and would you believe it, they do kits for an FG, easy fit too.

http://www.timbren.com/timbren-application-guides/mitsubishi.htm

I've tried to order a set to see what happens on my 3.3 metre high SWB.

I found a dealer about 150 miles NW of here so I'll be interested to see what y'all think of them. Looks like it may be a good compromise between the original equipment and an "airlift" setup. I'm fix'n to do some work on the truck this winter so I might as well add these too if they measure up.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
I use them all the time. Check my equipment out at www.liteindustries.ca. They last forever, they are very good at stabilizing a chassis, they will squish as flat as a pancake but seem to do so very progressively. They are not real good on light rigs in the 1/2 ton range, they give a bit of a bounce when they hit on a light rig but you don't notice anything adverse when loaded or on a heavy rig. I use them as a bumpstop as well as a load assist. Great product. I've used them in some very severe environments and have never wrecked one.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
I use them all the time. Check my equipment out at www.liteindustries.ca. They last forever, they are very good at stabilizing a chassis, they will squish as flat as a pancake but seem to do so very progressively. They are not real good on light rigs in the 1/2 ton range, they give a bit of a bounce when they hit on a light rig but you don't notice anything adverse when loaded or on a heavy rig. I use them as a bumpstop as well as a load assist. Great product. I've used them in some very severe environments and have never wrecked one.

After looking at your comments and website, it looks like the Aeon rubber baby buggy bumpers are a go. Looks like I have a new present on my Christmas list. Any more info on using them on a FUSO or its equivalent?

able

Hi, Can you keep us posted on how they go.
I see they don't list any for the front axle of the NPS300
Would mind catching up next year after I get back from my trip to Bris , Syd, Canberra
Wadey

Have you done any more research on these for your NPS. We have a 1999 model that could use a set of these.

1Engine

Observer
Have you done any more research on these for your NPS. We have a 1999 model that could use a set of these.

Hi Able,
I am currently up north of Weipa at the moment with work, so there is not much time to do much research.
I was going to start looking into it in Feb when I get back from down south

able

Hi, would really be interested in what you come up with. Unfortunately our model of NPS doesn't really highlight on this site :)
Maybe we could have one of our American or Canadian friends investigate for us.
Anyway don't work too hard up there, hope your wearing a hat.

oka boy

Observer
Hi all,we have the rubbers as std equipment on the OKA,front and rear these work really well and allow you to limp home if you brake a spring leaf as the vehicle will seat on them:wings:

able

the factory list price for the front is $230

and the rear is $425

that was for the '03-'09 FG type.

Still waiting on quotes from a dealer to see if they cut the cost any?
Hi and thankyou for the pricing details. It would be great if they made them for the NPS Isuzu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven