Aeon Rubber

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Hi and thankyou for the pricing details. It would be great if they made them for the NPS Isuzu.

Check out thier wbsite or a dealer, you can get them by dimension.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
This is way off topic but it is the reason I will not be working on my rig today. Guess the Old Farmer's Almanac was right predicting a cold wet winter for West Texas. Most snow I have seen here in years and never this early.

engineer

Adventurer
I use them all the time. Check my equipment out at www.liteindustries.ca. They last forever, they are very good at stabilizing a chassis, they will squish as flat as a pancake but seem to do so very progressively. They are not real good on light rigs in the 1/2 ton range, they give a bit of a bounce when they hit on a light rig but you don't notice anything adverse when loaded or on a heavy rig. I use them as a bumpstop as well as a load assist. Great product. I've used them in some very severe environments and have never wrecked one.
Can I buy a set of Aeons from you as Timbren won't answer my emails..????

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Aelerons and coils on the OKA

My OKA had 330,000km on the clock when I boought it.
I fitted coils around the rubber aelerons at the rear to give a bit more support.

05-06-22NewcoilsE.jpg

That was 150,000km ago.
Both the (original) aelerons and the coils are still fine.

Cheers,
Peter

Jeep

I'll grab you a part number and try to locate a set at a warehouse near you on Monday. You will get them cheaper and faster that way.
Cheers,
Mark.

kerry

Expedition Leader
The set at the link Defenderbeam posted shows it fits years 2003-2009. Does anyone know if that same set will fit a 1999 or is a different set required.

Jeep

Engineer, did you get set up with some Timbrens or a substitute?

kerry

Expedition Leader
I bought a front and rear set of the timbrens.

They installed in about 1-hour total.

The rear ones could be centered a little better over the axle, but they seem fine.

They do minimize alot of the extreme harshness away. Even just pulling in and out of the driveway is smoother.

The amount of travel between the axle and the stock rigid rubber bump stop is a joke. It will basically bottom out on ANYTHING.

Now at least when it bottoms out; it hits an absorbable rubber.

below is a link from where I got them on-line.

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=107_279_453_3938

Could you elaborate some more on how you think they improve the ride? I drove my newly purchased FG from NC to CO empty with too much air in the tires. The ride was intolerable. But with the camper on and tires pressures correct, the ride is much improved, roughly similar to my 96 Suzuki Sidekick's ride. Do you think adding the Timbrens would improve the ride in my situation and if so, how and why? I'm trying to decide whether it would be worth the money for me to add them.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Is the hardness on small bumps a result of the truck hitting the bumper stops or from a light truck not compressing the springs very far? I didn't look at mine when it was relatively light and it never occurred to me that it would be hitting the bumper stops.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Is the hardness on small bumps a result of the truck hitting the bumper stops or from a light truck not compressing the springs very far? I didn't look at mine when it was relatively light and it never occurred to me that it would be hitting the bumper stops.

That really depends on the weight of the vehicle. When its a cab-chassis, the harshness is from stiff load-carrying suspension with no load. When the vehicle is loaded up (or even lightly loaded- my truck weighs 4tonne, about 8500lb), the harshness on big bumps is from the lack of travel and damping, so the springs (primarily the fronts) punch straight through to the stops. Then the big bounce back up comes from a lack of rebound damping (in the shocks), when the truck bounces off the rubber stops.
So replacing the bump-stops with these timbren things should bring the suspension to a more gradual stop, when it does bottom out. I think this would be further helped with better shock-absorbers, primarily stiffer rebound damping.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Thanks. I will probably give them a try. If things go as planned I'll be driving mine over 5k miles in about 6 weeks this summer so a better ride would be beneficial, even though I'd say there is a night and day difference between it's ride unloaded and it's current ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven