AEV Salta Wheels are now available!!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Are the Pintler beadlocks still available? I didn't see them on the AEV website.
I *read* that the Pintler beadlocks are DOT compliant. Wonder if they are manufactured at the plant in China, or are converted here and then certified?

This new wheel with beadlocks would look really sweet! :beer:

PeteEinMT

Observer
I have heard they are revamping the beadlocks. I've also noticed that on the new rigs that I have seen AEV driving that they have not had the IPF headlights amd the new Ram is running vision x fog and light bar so thinkimg the IPF upgrade could be going away.

Pete

BLK2000TJ

They have IPF offroad lights and IPF "headlight upgrade" on the JK Brute at my local dealership.
The AEV headlighs are the variety that are non-compliant with DOT (and Canadian DOT) regulations.
The vehicle, as it sits ready to sell, is not legal to drive from the dealer's lot.

Somebody call the police.............

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Somebody call the police.............

Daniel stern is on his way! Don't worry. :bowdown:

I have seen many IPF lighting upgrade and they are no where near as bad as mr dweller makes them out to be. A few people run them around here and to be honest, The new corolla headlights that are "legal" are much worse for glare and blinding other drivers. They are down right horrible. So, these IPF puts out better light on the road than stock (not hard), and do not give other drivers fits, WHO CARES about the rest. There are legal lights that are totally S HI T for glare to other drivers, but they are ok, hey ?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I have heard they are revamping the beadlocks. I've also noticed that on the new rigs that I have seen AEV driving that they have not had the IPF headlights amd the new Ram is running vision x fog and light bar so thinkimg the IPF upgrade could be going away.

Pete
JW Speaker worked with MOPAR and a branded product is coming out; it would be silly for AEV not to use it.

kojackJKU

"IF" they release the lights, which at this point there were featured on a few concept rigs and nothing else, Im sure AEV will order their jeeps with them. I know they have been using truck lite on a bunch of their own rigs.

moabian

Funny how a thread about Salta wheels is now all about lights. Anyhow, I saw the JW Mopar lights at last year's Jeep Safari and the guys at the display said they were tooling up to produce them and they would be out soon. A year later and still no lights. I'll ask about them again when they are here in a couple of weeks. AEV usually has a display somewhere on Main St. too, though I don't remember seeing one last year.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
When you say this, what exactly do you mean? There are plenty of full width front bumpers that have a hoop and are winch compatible. No doubt the AEV bumper is a high quality item, and a good looking product, but what else does the AEV offer that is special in terms of features? It doesn't even have hi-lift jacking points unless you spend an additional 300+ dollars on the skid plate. The winch plate is also extra money unless you buy from a vendor that sells them as a package.
In terms of rear, the AEV offers water storage, but you can't even put a hi-lift on it without an additional optional product.
Overall I'd say its a wash. Yes the bumpers are high quality and good looking, but they really don't bring a whole lot more to the table in regards to additional features.

IMO because of the stamped steel style, nothing else has an even close simulate appearance. To me the AEV and ARB are the only two bumper that don't look custom, and have a factory quality finish appearance.

As far as features, they are all comparable, so I agree with your comments.

I am thinking more in terms of aesthetics.

kojackJKU

Yes because most are welded hunks of metal where arb and aev are stamp formed metal that gives a very OEM look. AEV has their **** together with design.

PeteEinMT

Observer
The Mopar catalog is out and the lights are in it along with a lot of other aftermarket parts with Jeep stamped in it.

Pete

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Those saltas on that white JKU earlier in the thread are running 37's it looks like.

Are 35's starting to look small? or am I wrong?
haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk