All Terrain Warriors campers

alan

Explorer
Hi John,
The floods are bad, but as you say lose of life is very low we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Do you fit any tyre monitors to your vehicles?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Do you fit any tyre monitors to your vehicles?

Hi Alan. Yep. Sure. The nav units we do alot of have an inbuilt tyre monitoring option but they only go up to 65 psi so we often fit a separate commercial unit from the trucking industry which can monitor the spares and trailer as well. Even the bikes.

The floods are bad, but as you say lose of life is very low we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Used to live in Rocky and can tell you that there are alot of people there that do it tough and don't have much .............but as you've probably already seen, now they've lost everything...right down to the family photos on the wall.....It'll be tough alright.

Last edited:

alan

Explorer
Hi John,
I can organise a sensatyre kit for your demo model if your interested, I done the original design and developement with the company in Taiwan, but have since sold that part of the business to Hannibal RTT in queensland, they are years ahead of any other brand on the market.

Ozzies have a way of head down ******** up when things are bad so I'm sure things will be back to normal asap.

whatcharterboat

I can organise a sensatyre kit for your demo model if your interested, I done the original design and developement with the company in Taiwan, but have since sold that part of the business to Hannibal RTT in queensland, they are years ahead of any other brand on the market.

Thanks Alan. PM sent.

Mickldo

Adventurer
Hi Alan.

Mate, you should see how heavy the rain is here. Some of the roads around here are cut and Gympie and Maryborough really copped it today and last night . Watch the news tonight. I saw footage of a really nice bay cruiser , 'bout a 30 footer floating down the Mary still tied up to the jetty. The whole lot going by. Then another beautiful thing with just the flybridge sticking above the surface went past. The loss is just incredible. We're so lucky the human toll hasn't been higher.

Anyway, did you see the full C&M article? The journo , David loves coming up to see us. In his words , my boss "certainly doesn't hold back on the test drive....ever". David's always "white knuckles" on the dashboard. Haha. I'm almost used to his driving. Almost.

Actually, can't wait to go for a drive in our own demo truck (when it stops raining). We'll really cut loose out in the bush. Believe it or not, it's going to be our first ever demo vehicle. Never had time to build one before. The cab / chassis turned up last week. Going to go all out with a Fuso Scout on coils and throw every accessory we can at it so it will be a good thing to take around to the shows. Would like to have it ready for Tuff Truck this year but that might be pushing it.

Hi John

The floods have been pretty bad hey. There were 4 boats that broke free in the Mary River here. We copped another storm here this arvo, about 2" in an hour. All the creeks were back up again when I went into town this arvo after the storm. I am still off work as we can't get any vehicles delivered to us due to the floods.

I'll have to get the mag to have a read.

You just going to display the demo truck at Tuff Truck or are you going to compete? My mate is building a Nissan Patrol for Tuff Truck and wants me to navi for him. I might see you down there.

whatcharterboat

shame i dont have a whinch yet....

Not sure I understand but I see little happy guy jumping around so it must be good.

While I'm on , here are some recent pics of a multicab model we just released for the mines, council road crews, prisons, etc. I know...not a camper but you guys may find it interesting anyway. There is 5 seats across the back row (one is just out of the view of the pic) so it turns these FGs into a 10 or 11 seater or a 14 or 15 seater in the next size up. Different , heh?

In case you were wondering about all the pretty yellow everywhere....all mines here require all entry / egress steps, handles, etc to be coloured "safety yellow" and must have 3 points of contact at all times. Heaps of other requirements.....separate starter isolator and battery isolator, must have a proper jump start receptical (no alligator clamp leads allowed), internal and external emergency engine stops, rear tow hooks removed (no towing and definitely no kinetic tow straps allowed on site ....they have to call a recovery truck if they get stuck on some sites.....actually some won't even let them carry a jack or change a flat tyre, again call a recovery truck), all signal lighting repeated up high, white noise canceling reverse squawker, dual view reverse cameras, yellow diamond grade side tape, loose wheel nut indicators, massive "triage" type first aid pack, bla, bla, bla.....it just goes on and on. Some of the ones we build that go underground are insanely spec'ed up by comparison to this and ..... Oh yeah....we have to make these so they can get in there with a Gurney to clean them out...true story....that's what the spin-out drain is for in the corner.

5546257766_a54261d8da_z.jpg

5546265226_f088e91286_z.jpg

5545689039_0e0cf30d09_b.jpg

Last edited:

DzlToy

Explorer
In case you were wondering about all the pretty yellow everywhere....all mines here require all entry / egress steps, handles, etc to be coloured "safety yellow" and must have 3 points of contact at all times. Heaps of other requirements.....separate starter isolator and battery isolator, must have a proper jump start receptical (no alligator clamp leads allowed), internal and external emergency engine stops, rear tow hooks removed (no towing and definitely no kinetic tow straps allowed on site ....they have to call a recovery truck if they get stuck on some sites.....actually some won't even let them carry a spare or change a tyre), all signal lighting repeated up high, white noise canceling reverse squawker, dual view reverse cameras, yellow diamond grade side tape, loose wheel nut indicators, massive "triage" type first aid pack......it just goes on and on. Some of the ones we build that go underground are insanely spec'ed up by comparison to this and ..... Oh yeah....we have to make these so they can get in there with a Gurney to clean them out....that's what the spin-out drain is for in the corner.

sound like Big Brother and probably the Democrats have made it to Oz. Damn safety nazis.... god forbid someone uses their brain or thinks for themselves or does something logical..... nope, wont have any of that going on here, not on my watch we wont, no sir..... :victory:

whatcharterboat

does the cabin roof need to be that high though?

Hi Chocko, How'd you fare after Yasi and the last few weeks of wet?

Yeah...made it bus height and kept the same old ROPS tested frame. The big air con keeps them pretty cool with the higher roof too. Actually we just had to come up with a new alternator upgrade (makes 120 amps @idle) cause some of the miners have been sitting in them parked for 2 or 3 hours at a time with the air on flat out and the batteries have been going flat. Derrrrr!!!!!

Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
If I were imprisoned for a capital crime, it would make my ride to the death chamber a little more pleasant.:)

whatcharterboat

Hi Alan.

No ....we've get our own air-con units made especially for our 4wd buses. They aren't something you can buy over the counter. Heaps of stainless , all composite construction so no corrosion on Fraser, made to handle Cape York corrugations, really high ambients, etc...... has a secondary engine compressor with big electric condensor and blower fans. Not a 12/24 volt compressor though.

How's your truck coming on.....looking good last time I saw pics. I'll send you a PM about the other stuff we were talking about too...gotta catch up with one of the NTH QLD guys on here so maybe tonight.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Hi Mick,

Ahhhhhh.......Not good.

I was planning to do a big report/ post here on Expo all about Tuff Truck.....one of our NSW agent that we were going to share our display with said it was huge....really big interest in the trucks and not just the normal 4bies................. buuuuuuut we didn't actually get there.

We're going through Stanthorpe early Thursday morning to make Tuff Truck that night.... highway speeds, with a bare FG cab chassis covered with all our accessories and had a bit of a tangle with a semi panic braking hard right in front of us.....very, very greasy surface and our rear brakes locked up and we shot sideways and off the road ...front right wheel caught a culvert and flipped us in the air (more like a cartwheel) before the rear of the chassis speared upside down into the grass. So we ended up wrong way round, about 4 metres off and parallel to the road, upside down and hanging in our seat belts. Man...those Stratos seats are so good at holding you fast.

Don't ask for pics...and the driver (not me) wasn't speeding. Just one of those freak things that could have been so much worse when I look back at it. Not sure if you believe in God but I do and I know he had his hand on us. Neither of us had a scratch. There was a workshop across the highway....all the guys heard the screeching, looked up and saw the whole thing....they thought for sure we'd bought it.

BTW my eldest daughter was on a United Airlines flight from New Orleans to San Francisco only a couple of hours before this....they lost almost all systems on takeoff and made an immediate emergency landing with the tower talking them in....lost the front nose wheel in the process...safety shutes deployed... the whole bit. No one hurt. I was reading the email from my wife about it as we crashed. Cool huh?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach