Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

dcoy

Adventurer
That is what I am hoping for, as close to the roof as possible. As long as the width is enough they should work then? This is what really pushes me to the Alu-Cab from my current RTT, the ability to mount it directly to the roof. Kinda like cutting out the middle man.

This setup would be attractive to me for the same reason. That one on the FJ60 is mounted on crossbars, I believe, which is not as ideal from my perspective, and probably yours, as tower to RTT. It probably adds (unnecessary) height as well. Perhaps rino can clarify this.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
I think that is the "next step" in RTTs right now, getting rid of the roof rack. I think the Expedition III is only one out there right now that this may be possible with since it is aluminum.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I would be putting it on an 80 series, but similar roofs. Looks like 52 1/2' from gutter to gutter.

That should be close enough to work, but I have to wait until later this month until I have a tent again to measure. (keep selling demos :()

rino

This setup would be attractive to me for the same reason. That one on the FJ60 is mounted on crossbars, I believe, which is not as ideal from my perspective, and probably yours, as tower to RTT. It probably adds (unnecessary) height as well. Perhaps rino can clarify this.

Typically the cross bars are added to correct the width difference between roof and EXP III. Thinner cross bars (like Alu-Cab load bars at 1") and low height feet are another way to mount the Expedition III tent nice and low on a gutter equipped rig if towers and tent mounts do not line up.

el_topu

Adventurer
Thanks. Trying to keep the color scheme to 2 main colors on her. Factory color and black, in a classy way though. That grey bag will be gone soon an replaced with a Black one.

It looks great all black out.
Are you on TW? do you have a build thread? would love to see/read what you have done to your Taco

Anyone know what kind of fastener will fit inside this rail?
These are the rails that are on the top and side of the tent.
The rails on the bottom will take a standard 5/16" or 8mm hex head.
These rails on top and side would take the same size thread and head thickness, except the head width would have to be .850" across the flats.
I was about to mount a couple solar panels for a trip 2 weeks out.
I dont want to fabricate threaded plates for this if I can just buy something.

Thanks,

IMG_1062.jpg

rino

Anyone know what kind of fastener will fit inside this rail?
These are the rails that are on the top and side of the tent.
The rails on the bottom will take a standard 5/16" or 8mm hex head.
These rails on top and side would take the same size thread and head thickness, except the head width would have to be .850" across the flats.
I was about to mount a couple solar panels for a trip 2 weeks out.
I dont want to fabricate threaded plates for this if I can just buy something.

Thanks,

View attachment 382758

They are a carriage style bolt with 8mm thread section. If you cannot locate them by next Tuesday, I can send some to you when i return.

Redman333

Adventurer
I've been eyeing the alu can shadow awning for awhile now but don't ever see any option for adding side root like big netting or even a complete enclosure for in-climate weather. Do they make anything like this or should I just wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
They offer an enclosure, it's about $900 IIRC. The worst part about the shadow awning? Total do it yerself mounting system, if you don't have the front runner rack. I've had mine since august and have yet to use it, since there isn't a direct fit bracket for the K9 rack, and no time yet to fab up a good bracket system.
Some of us don't have lots of fab skills, or time, that's where a prebuilt system sure is handy.....

Redman333

Adventurer
So these don't have any sort of mount that they come with? I am getting ready to order one with the enclosure through ok4wd but just need to make sure I have everything. They have the enclosure in stock also and he said its $895. so your 900 was pretty close. I ask about the mounting solution and he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77