Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

Scoutman

Explorer
Awesome, and is that rack built by yourself? It looks great on the RAM.

Thanks Rin. Yes, built from scratch specifically to work with the truck box and tent. It was a challenge to get everything balanced out just right but I'm very happy with the results.

Link to build in my signature. :sombrero:

Last edited:

Eagle05

Adventurer
For that mounting setup you will need to utilize four of the six bolt holes in the stainless hinge for support.
I haven't personally tried flipping the arms, but interested to know your thoughts on performance.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! :)

Any thoughts on how well the Shadow Awning would work on the Ursa Minor J30? Seems to be similar to the Eezi-Awn, but maybe a little more stout - possibly requiring a heavier mount than what UM has.
Ursa Minor J30 05.jpg (Borrowed that picture with hopes of having my own soon enough.)

bjunc

Observer
Got my Exp III installed at OK4WD (with Rin's help) the other day. Really happy with it. Next up is a Shadow, once the mounts arrive from Alu-Cab.

I was between the Exp III and the James Baroud, but ultimately went with the Exp III because the Shadow can mount directly to it using Alu-Cab hardware.

Now I just need to practice going up and down the ladder while carrying the dog...

IMG_7360.jpg

Scoutman

Explorer
This better?

8fe26c3777094109e9c90920c13c5dff.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Any new tents in the shop to follow up on this?

I will finally be back in the shop this coming friday, crazy show schedule lately. I have a customer with an 80 series that i will be fitting a tent to hopefully in the coming weeks also, but i can get measurements this week. :)

NM-Frontier

Explorer
I will finally be back in the shop this coming friday, crazy show schedule lately. I have a customer with an 80 series that i will be fitting a tent to hopefully in the coming weeks also, but i can get measurements this week. :)

Perfect!

Basil.

Similar question ^^ but I am still super confused on how the Expedition 3 tent mounts onto your roof rack.

I'm mounting mine up tonight and am just trying to figure it out, would someone mind posting a few photos of how it mounts? (I don't have the tent with me, it was shipped to a friends house, haven't seen it yet)

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Similar question ^^ but I am still super confused on how the Expedition 3 tent mounts onto your roof rack.

I'm mounting mine up tonight and am just trying to figure it out, would someone mind posting a few photos of how it mounts? (I don't have the tent with me, it was shipped to a friends house, haven't seen it yet)

The four clamps included inside the tent mount to the bottom channel and the side channel. Then you can bolt the tent downward to your rack or cross bars like this.

F3FDCDEB-940A-4B16-AAC1-EF8AF3A37A99_zpsim3nmkwu.jpg

danmedeiros

Observer
Man, that a bit weird. What if you do not have a track on your cross bars/ rack. I have a safari rack and the channels run lengthwise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77