Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

captadv

Spectator
@rino had any sales for Jeep Renegades? I'm doing RTT research. Hard part with the renegades is the rear door flips up limiting the useful roof length.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Scoutman

Explorer
What does the Shadow-Awn 270° awning weight?

Website states 53#
It's pretty substantial. I finally got mine mounted yesterday. Picts to come .

Btw, if anyone needs a universal mounting bracket kit for their awning let me know. I made my mounting brackets so didnt need the kit.

Scoutman

Explorer
Finished mounting everything up this weekend. The last thing to do is sort out attaching the tension strap and bracket. This is an incredibly stout awning with great coverage and I cant wait to use it next weekend.

961c223ed9e4eb08c99fc5dfa82deb01.jpg

32dfddd3e10d3caf0c3bb3f1799c2931.jpg

1e2b303f908bf01d652b88a50b7c2fdd.jpg

23aa5d1c83de5ed01074407041db609d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bjunc

Observer
Anyone know if the "universal" Shadow mounts are the same as the ones that would be used to mount the Shadow to an Expedition III? My Shadow is sitting in my office with no way to attach to the Exp III. If the mounts are the same, I'll definitely take them off your hands!

Last edited:

fireball

Explorer
Scoutman, I'll be second in line if Bobby doesn't take them and they would make mounting my awning to my Gamiviti roof rack easier. My Shadow is sitting in the garage for over a year now awaiting a magical fairy to install it.

Scoutman

Explorer
Anyone know if the "universal" Shadow mounts are the same as the ones that would be used to mount the Shadow to an Expedition III? My Shadow is sitting in my office with no way to attach to the Exp III. If the mounts are the same, I'll definitely take them off your hands!

I think the bracket you need to mount to your ex3 will look like this (picture from Overland Bound online). Rin should put his opinion in here shortly.

Alu-Cab-Shadow-Awning-tent-mounting-brackets.jpg

I'll grab a picture of the universal mounts to see if that helps anyone.

bjunc

Observer
I think the bracket you need to mount to your ex3 will look like this (picture from Overland Bound online). Rin should put his opinion in here shortly.

View attachment 386440

Ah, I see. Yeah, that looks specific to the Shadow/Exp III. I guess the Shadow stays on the floor a little longer...

It's all yours Fireball!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD

View attachment 386440

You are spot on! Fireball I think I've sketched you a mount :ugh: If I could inexpensively build a set for you I would.

Some pics of the Dual Awnings from Alucab.
They are staggered. The Driver side covers the tail gate, while the passenger side covers the bed. This creates enough shade that there is always good shade somewhere regardless of the angle of the sun.

IMG_1336.jpg
IMG_1322.jpg
IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1402.JPG
IMG_1453.jpg

bjunc

Observer
Damn. Some of us are struggling to get one installed, and you go and rub it in our faces with dualling Shadows! :)

Damn. Some of us are struggling to get one installed, and you go and rub it in our faces with dualling Shadows! :)

Sorry,
Should not be too hard, cut some plates, drill some holes, burn it with the mig, and 6 bolts. ;)

Some other handy add ons for the tent:
200 watts of Solar on top.
I also added a 32,000 lumen light bar to the front and 4 waterproof 12 volt outlets under the tent. Good for Tent electrical, ARB, and phone charging.
IMG_1111.jpg
IMG_1105.JPG

bjunc

Observer
Sorry,
Should not be too hard, cut some plates, drill some holes, burn it with the mig, and 6 bolts. ;)

I'm going with the OEM mount. Just a waiting game. I live in an apartment in the city. There's no metal fabrication going on here. Not unless I want the concierge to narc me out to the HOA.

Nice setup though!

I'm going with the OEM mount. Just a waiting game. I live in an apartment in the city. There's no metal fabrication going on here. Not unless I want the concierge to narc me out to the HOA.

Nice setup though!

I wanted the OE mounts for the second awning, Its always easier to buy than fab. Thought they came with it, but when it showed up there was nothing in the box. Whats worse is there were none in the US to order, so I had to start cutting.

Good luck in the apartment... I dont think i could survive without my man cave garage in the back yard.

Love the dual setup. our rig is on the smaller side for it but I had worked the numbers out on doing ours in a dual last year. Could have worked. Our system was also incorporating a sliding rail system so we could use them in different configurations depending where we were at the time. Yours looks dialed in though. Is that a HAM extended pole? or you use it for lightiing>
?

Ham radio antenna mount.
Pretty much only used for pitting Ultra 4 and Desert racers, but technically I could use it at a base camp for other activities.
Bed height + 25 foot pole + 8 foot Laird fiberglass antenna. I ground the vehicle with a concrete form stake and jumper cables.
I store the antenna in a PVC pipe housing strapped to the Alucab tent. 75watt Yaesu Ft2900. I took out the glove box and mounted the radio in there.

Regardless of pitting desert racers, I have found the Ham to be SUPER helpful whenever traveling in convoy, or trying to find buddies at remote spots off grid. Takes some skill and planning, but high wattage mobile radios can throw signals pretty far. ( i have contacted a friend at >80 miles before).

There is 16,000 lumens of flood lights on the headache rack, and 32,000 on the front bro-dozer light bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77