Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

pacer

Observer
Correct Alu Cab offers pop top conversions for the Defender and LC Troopy's.
Great, when do they get here?
Seriously though, I'd love to see one in person.
Are you taking orders, will you order a few extra for inventory?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Great, when do they get here?
Seriously though, I'd love to see one in person.
Are you taking orders, will you order a few extra for inventory?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

They will be landing in early May and hopefully we will have one on display at OEX West this year.

Yes we are accepting orders and we will have two units at this point for stock as well.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
This is most excellent! So happy to see Alu-Cab here in the US, just knowing that you guys can get the roof conversions is a real game changer. Who is the NM distributor you mentioned a few pages back?

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Do you have any better detailed pics of the Gen3 tent? I watched the video but would be nice to see it on a rig. A Land Cruiser would be optimal, just to get a better sense of size compared to other hard shell tents. The ones on the Alu-Cab site make it seem very large.

Also do they all come with the insulation on the roof, how about the L-track on top or the shoe pockets?

Thanks for any additional info!

rino

Do you have any better detailed pics of the Gen3 tent? I watched the video but would be nice to see it on a rig. A Land Cruiser would be optimal, just to get a better sense of size compared to other hard shell tents. The ones on the Alu-Cab site make it seem very large.

Also do they all come with the insulation on the roof, how about the L-track on top or the shoe pockets?

Thanks for any additional info!

No worries, we have one on display in our showroom but I can place it on a LC100 if that helps.

DB8B258D-6422-40ED-96EE-9AD73469F82E_zps3d1pdb0t.jpg

60083F70-4441-4955-86B6-AFBA4CA5678D_zpskvvmhphp.jpg

052263C9-3BEE-4A97-9553-0C9B0D66C3A0_zpsp306hbk9.jpg

The width is similar to the James Baroud models, but the length is around one foot longer.

rino

Mounting a Shadow Awning for Front Runner owners just got a whole lot easier with new mounts from Alu Cab! These allow the Shadow Awning to be bolted to a Front Runner Slim Line II rack system and provide the strength needed for the pole-less design.

721E79C9-5055-4824-97C4-E8EF83163FDF_zps9tquonia.jpg

8E2A38F0-CAA2-4270-89A5-DD6B23A1BA49_zpsbxk9vloa.jpg

CDFAF382-B294-4723-BA5A-CD251CD29401_zpsmyqgddil.jpg

0148DDDD-1AE9-48EC-907B-1A9D3F7F89FF_zpshvbzjgfy.jpg

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Those pics definitely help! The LC 100 would be nice if its not to much of a hassle. I'm just trying to gauge how much better the profile might be compared to my Howlingmoon RTT.

Thanks!

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
No worries, we have one on display in our showroom but I can place it on a LC100 if that helps.

The width is similar to the James Baroud models, but the length is around one foot longer.

I would also be very interested in seeing it placed on a LC100

What are the minimum recommended support for mounting the top? My interest are how structural is the base, does it require load bars, running what direction, or can it be mounted alone by a point on each corner?

JCDriller

Adventurer
I love the shadow awning system, very nice! I've been trying to select the best RTT and awning set up for my needs and this may be the awning I choose. Anyone successfully mounted one of these to a JKU w/ a Gobi? I assume it would be very similar to the FJ with the Baja Rack mounted above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal