Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

NM-Frontier

Explorer
I would also be very interested in seeing it placed on a LC100

What are the minimum recommended support for mounting the top? My interest are how structural is the base, does it require load bars, running what direction, or can it be mounted alone by a point on each corner?

X2 on these questions!

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
We are extremely excited to announce after months and months of waiting, the wait is over and Alu-Cab has now landed in the U.S.A. for the first time in history!

Alu-Cab products are skillfully designed and manufactured in Cape Town, South Africa for the most demanding expeditions no matter the destination. The Alu-Cab product range offers a vast offering of awnings, roof top tents, truck bed caps, camper shells, roof conversions and any custom work imaginable!

Products Now Available & In Stock:

Shadow Awning

DDCAD0CE-21B0-46FA-8FCB-11AF0904FB92_zpsddyaefa2.jpg

DA8E20E2-DE6F-480C-90CD-90F6575ED4EC_zpsmx39iuzy.jpg

399BC247-4E20-42E0-B741-4F9ACEC7278E_zps1upbb0ga.jpg

Expedition 3 Roof Top Tent

A14CDE5C-45D2-48B9-9983-E7DC2452E58D_zpssr82o0bd.jpg

2F73255B-9272-4D85-80BC-60AB53FD533F_zps8fcf6gkp.jpg

Expedition Canopies

Toyota Tacoma

3rd Gen Short & Long Bed
2nd Gen Short & Long Bed

48A21A6A-9B70-431B-A3FD-C526236508A8_zps8of8fw6n.jpg

Much more products and information will be added in the coming weeks! Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you have, we will be happy to help.

Hi Rin,
Thanks for all the posts and the great information, I wish i lived closer to OK4WD, but alas live in the PNW.

This is exciting that these are available. I am interested in the alu-cab Expedition tent and had a few questions.

1) Do you know the roof rack that Alu-Cab has shown attached to the rails on top? It looks like either a rhino rack pioneer platform or Frontrunner or Eezi-awn, photo here too blurry to see https://www.facebook.com/1754285391...5147.175428539188834/1067728236625522/?type=3
I love the idea of having some storage on top, would like to mount a Sceptre MWC, rotopax and my TREDs
2) Will you be selling any brackets / mounts to be able to attach jack / shovel on the sides of the tent? (I have seen many photos of attached hi-lifts and not sure if they were custom attachments).
3) Do they make any insulation / winter hood similar to James Baroud or Autohome?

Excited to see you on here and also thanks for the link in NM. I hope you will be at OEX West this year with the Alu-Cab Tent, would love to see one in person before ordering (I'm in Seattle).

Thanks!!
Travis

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Hi Rin,
Thanks for all the posts and the great information, I wish i lived closer to OK4WD, but alas live in the PNW.

This is exciting that these are available. I am interested in the alu-cab Expedition tent and had a few questions.

1) Do you know the roof rack that Alu-Cab has shown attached to the rails on top? It looks like either a rhino rack pioneer platform or Frontrunner or Eezi-awn, photo here too blurry to see https://www.facebook.com/1754285391...5147.175428539188834/1067728236625522/?type=3
I love the idea of having some storage on top, would like to mount a Sceptre MWC, rotopax and my TREDs
2) Will you be selling any brackets / mounts to be able to attach jack / shovel on the sides of the tent? (I have seen many photos of attached hi-lifts and not sure if they were custom attachments).
3) Do they make any insulation / winter hood similar to James Baroud or Autohome?

Excited to see you on here and also thanks for the link in NM. I hope you will be at OEX West this year with the Alu-Cab Tent, would love to see one in person before ordering (I'm in Seattle).

Thanks!!
Travis

Travis,

Thanks for sharing the excitement of the AluCab products! :)

To answer your questions,

1) The Expedition III roof top tent has channels running from front to back that allow either a perimeter or bar setup from AluCab.

2) Yes we will have the Hi-Lift and various accessory mounts on our next order for late May.

3) Alu Cab offers an insulation kit that attaches inside the tent for cold weather camping.

We also have Alu Cab on display in the James Baroud booth this year at OEX West and Adventure Ready is Seattle is an AluCab dealer and should have displays soon.

-Rin

rino

Those pics definitely help! The LC 100 would be nice if its not to much of a hassle. I'm just trying to gauge how much better the profile might be compared to my Howlingmoon RTT.

Thanks!

Once we have a break in the rain I will be sure to place it up on Chuck's LC100. Sorry for the wait!

rino

I love the shadow awning system, very nice! I've been trying to select the best RTT and awning set up for my needs and this may be the awning I choose. Anyone successfully mounted one of these to a JKU w/ a Gobi? I assume it would be very similar to the FJ with the Baja Rack mounted above.

I have a customer in Southern California who ordered an awning for his Gobi equipped JKU. I will message him and see if I can share some pictures.

rino

I would also be very interested in seeing it placed on a LC100

What are the minimum recommended support for mounting the top? My interest are how structural is the base, does it require load bars, running what direction, or can it be mounted alone by a point on each corner?

The Expedition III rtt has four feet that are mounted to the bottom and sides of the tent. Because of this no cross bars are needed, nor would they contact the base of the tent if used. This tent is a brute! :)

NM-Frontier

Explorer
So just to confirm, the tent can mount directly to the roof of the vehicle if desired? In my case, to the rain gutters on my FZJ80? If that is the case this tent just got way cooler.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
The Expedition III rtt has four feet that are mounted to the bottom and sides of the tent. Because of this no cross bars are needed, nor would they contact the base of the tent if used. This tent is a brute! :)

That sounds great!
Where can I find exactly where those points are located and size to see how if will work for my application? Do you bolt through the bottom or bolt up from the bottom to the points?

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
That sounds great!
Where can I find exactly where those points are located and size to see how if will work for my application? Do you bolt through the bottom or bolt up from the bottom to the points?

I second this, any photos of the bottom of the tent and how it mounts? What if we already have crossbars? For my application, it will be on my canopy that currently has three crossbars on it.

rino

So just to confirm, the tent can mount directly to the roof of the vehicle if desired? In my case, to the rain gutters on my FZJ80? If that is the case this tent just got way cooler.

There are four of these mount under the tent, they can slide front to rear in the channel to be fitted. The bottom of the mount is where the mounting hardware passes though into your rack, cross bars, or gutter mounts :)

(The tent in the picture is not bolted down)

2BC7DA8D-B959-416A-A288-2289BFDDC0B9_zpspgv2y8hb.jpg

9F659DD2-C26E-4E80-8E4E-B731F74ADE04_zpss21mmfsv.jpg

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Thanks! I do like the idea of a direct mount tent.

Not needing a rack or bars help make up the difference in weight compared to my Howlingmoon.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
There are four of these mount under the tent, they can slide front to rear in the channel to be fitted. The bottom of the mount is where the mounting hardware passes though into your rack, cross bars, or gutter mounts :)

(The tent in the picture is not bolted down)

2BC7DA8D-B959-416A-A288-2289BFDDC0B9_zpspgv2y8hb.jpg

9F659DD2-C26E-4E80-8E4E-B731F74ADE04_zpss21mmfsv.jpg

For clarification, the factory struts (assuming only 2) are running front to rear. If so what is the measurement center to center of the struts? Also assuming mounting point can be had anywhere front to rear? Does the overall publish height take in account the struts? Sorry for all the structural mounting question but your and ALu-Cab site does not provide any mounting info.

rino

For clarification, the factory struts (assuming only 2) are running front to rear. If so what is the measurement center to center of the struts? Also assuming mounting point can be had anywhere front to rear? Does the overall publish height take in account the struts? Sorry for all the structural mounting question but your and ALu-Cab site does not provide any mounting info.

No worries, by struts you are referring to the mounting channels? The overall height is from the bottom of the channels to the top of the roof.

We will have better media and photos soon! :)

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
No worries, by struts you are referring to the mounting channels? The overall height is from the bottom of the channels to the top of the roof.

We will have better media and photos soon! :)

Yes sorry for my bad choice of words. Looking overall height with mounting channels and the width of the channels center to center.

Any idea how long free shipping will be in effect?

Thank you in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3