Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

fooblahblah

I'll get some measurements and post them. I think the main issue would be the segment on the width at the end of the van (between the first and second bend) and how that compares to a 4runner or similar vehicles shown in most the photos. Cool design, regardless!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
the real question is can you help with the interior toys that alucab has become famous for. Looking on what options are available states side to outfit the interior of an overland rig. Specifically water tanks, drawers and storage.

Not only do we have the drawers in stock, but we will be installing troopy roof conversions in house for a few clients in the near future! :)

Any Alu Cab accessories I can add to our next order if you are interested.

rino

I'll get some measurements and post them. I think the main issue would be the segment on the width at the end of the van (between the first and second bend) and how that compares to a 4runner or similar vehicles shown in most the photos. Cool design, regardless!

Thanks man and looking forward to the shots!

rino

As requested, some more detailed shots of the Shadow Awn setup. I setup the awning enclosure in our showroom so the photos are somewhat limited angle wise. Also shot on an iphone so forgive the quality! :)

The duffle bag that the awning enclosure is packaged

CC36D9D4-41A5-4AD3-84E3-A8D1248A494D_zpswbmrpqzw.jpg

Inner lid instructional diagram of the panels

A83A8807-AB3B-45E7-BD6D-9B36F4CA7DA8_zpswia23gjt.jpg

Each panel has a numbered tag for location

8E09C5AB-4BE7-4DF7-B7E3-F430C7D3AD25_zpsodzinx7x.jpg

Full enclosure all closed up

FFC7B688-8404-47F5-B3CD-66DC9033D26D_zpsorrjw9xm.jpg

Full enclosure all opened up

21AC7084-9A26-4DC3-B78F-25901BAB6AE9_zpsnnqglg6h.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Hmm you guys should try marketing the awning/ room to the Triatholon folks too. Looking at that set up I know a few gear nuts that are full nutz about Triatholon events where that set up would really fit their event gear needs.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I know a guy you should talk to if your interested. Hes hard core and would be a perfect rep in the Triatholon circles.

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Not only do we have the drawers in stock, but we will be installing troopy roof conversions in house for a few clients in the near future! :)

Any Alu Cab accessories I can add to our next order if you are interested.

do you folks have a web store yet? the alucab website is less than stellar to view products.

pacer

Observer
do you folks have a web store yet? the alucab website is less than stellar to view products.
This thread has the most up to date info on Alu Cab in the US period. You are in the right place. You are talking directly with OK4WD.com here. They are who imported this gear.
They are working on posting more info, pictures of the side panels...
Check out their website.

rino

Hmm you guys should try marketing the awning/ room to the Triatholon folks too. Looking at that set up I know a few gear nuts that are full nutz about Triatholon events where that set up would really fit their event gear needs.

Interesting market that never crossed my mind :) Yeah feel free to pm me some info if you do not mind.

rino

We are working on the Alu-Cab USA site currently and also the addition of products to our OK4WD site. The product line is vast and covers more than just North American vehicles so it may take a little time before all products are up and running here.

rino

This thread has the most up to date info on Alu Cab in the US period. You are in the right place. You are talking directly with OK4WD.com here. They are who imported this gear.
Check out their website.

Thanks man :)

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Check out their website.

Yep, i figured all of that :) I just need to know if i can stop dealing directly with ALU-CAB regarding what they have available for 1990 LC troopys. Their website is not the greatest as they do a ton of custom work, im looking for interior pieces like water tanks, the short and tall drawers and other bits and pieces that i need to bring the troopy together. Ive got a few drawings in sketchup and will probably be looking at the pop top conversion next year. Having someone states side will definitly speed things up

dcoy

Adventurer
We are extremely excited to announce after months and months of waiting, the wait is over and Alu-Cab has now landed in the U.S.A. for the first time in history!

Alu-Cab products are skillfully designed and manufactured in Cape Town, South Africa for the most demanding expeditions no matter the destination. The Alu-Cab product range offers a vast offering of awnings, roof top tents, truck bed caps, camper shells, roof conversions and any custom work imaginable!

Products Now Available & In Stock:

Expedition 3 Roof Top Tent

A14CDE5C-45D2-48B9-9983-E7DC2452E58D_zpssr82o0bd.jpg

2F73255B-9272-4D85-80BC-60AB53FD533F_zps8fcf6gkp.jpg

Hello Rino,

Do you have any pictures of the Alu-Cab Gen 3 Expedition Tent mounted on something closer to a Land Cruiser? All I could find was a small picture of one mounted on a Jeep, which frankly looked a little oversized for the vehicle.

Thanks

p.s.: Hope you will be at Overland Expo West with one of these?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online