Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

patoz

Expedition Leader
The pump has a maximum suction lift of 12 feet.
I guess this answers my own question . . .

It will vary depending which model pump you have. Make sure you're reading the specs for the actual pump you will be using.

This 3 GPM Pump only has a dry lift of 6'.

SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump

[h=4]Specifications[/h][h=5]Pump[/h]
  • Type - 4 chambered diaphragm with adjustable pressure switch and by-pass
  • Ports - ½”-14 NPSM-male.
  • Flow Rate GPM/LPM - 3.0 GPM [11.4 LPM]
  • Liquid - 130°F [54°C] max
  • Prime - 6 feet [1.82 M]
  • Inlet - 30 PSI [2.1 Bar] max
  • Run Dry - Yes
http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-4008-101-E65-Revolution-Water-Pump/dp/B002XM5G70

yzeevy

Adventurer
That is not my rig, it belongs to another member on here. I was just posting those pictures as an example of what kind of shelf/rack could be built, and how it could be anchored to the front wall of the patient compartment.
BTW, the lower part of the compartment behind the passenger is 18wx15hx19"b.
If I could put in a tank I could have 20 gallons of water. I looked up
http://www.plastic-mart.com/product...48fFVwzLPcvc5HKV0ed0ySh9xqkTwJBXUDhoCZyTw_wcB
but nothing. They ask over $1000 for a custom made tank.

Do you know a good place who might have more sizes?

patoz

Expedition Leader
Do you know a good place who might have more sizes?

Not off the top on my head, but I have a friend on here who is starting a search for tanks for his also, so I'll see what he finds.

Just FYI, fresh water weighs 8.34 lbs. per gallon, so a 20 gal. tank will weigh 166.8 lbs. plus the weight of the tank itself.

yzeevy

Adventurer
It will vary depending which model pump you have. Make sure you're reading the specs for the actual pump you will be using.

This 3 GPM Pump only has a dry lift of 6'.

SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump

[h=4]Specifications[/h][h=5]Pump[/h]
  • Type - 4 chambered diaphragm with adjustable pressure switch and by-pass
  • Ports - ½”-14 NPSM-male.
  • Flow Rate GPM/LPM - 3.0 GPM [11.4 LPM]
  • Liquid - 130°F [54°C] max
  • Prime - 6 feet [1.82 M]
  • Inlet - 30 PSI [2.1 Bar] max
  • Run Dry - Yes
http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-4008-101-E65-Revolution-Water-Pump/dp/B002XM5G70
I'm quite sure I took the info from an article about the 3gpm, but It won't be the first misinformation.
Thanks for correcting.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Not off the top on my head, but I have a friend on here who is starting a search for tanks for his also, so I'll see what he finds.

Just FYI, fresh water weighs 8.34 lbs. per gallon, so a 20 gal. tank will weigh 166.8 lbs. plus the weight of the tank itself.
That's why I prefer the European system, 1 liter of water equals 1 kilogram, so simple.
You think I should settle for less?

patoz

Expedition Leader
That info came from Amazon, so they could be wrong too. That's why I say check the exact pump you will be using.

Well, I got to go pick up a load of plywood.

Later...

patoz

Expedition Leader
That's why I prefer the European system, 1 liter of water equals 1 kilogram, so simple.
You think I should settle for less?

If you mean the capacity of water you will carry, then the answer is no. Twenty gallons is the absolute minimum amount I would have on board.

If you're only going to be wilderness camping for a weekend at a time, and it's only you or maybe you and one other, then you could probably get by with a little less. But the difference in the size and cost between a 15 gal. vs. a 20 gal. is not much, so why not just go with the larger one to be safe?

Gotta run, later...

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
That info came from Amazon, so they could be wrong too. That's why I say check the exact pump you will be using.

Well, I got to go pick up a load of plywood.

Later...
I ordered the burner, but I can't order the sink because I don't really know what's the size.
Amazon says its 18x15 other say its 18x13, so I'll order the sink as soon as I'll measure the burner.
While I'm writing this note the bell rings and FedEx arrives with the burner . . .
And the verdict, Amazon wrong.
The burner is 13x18.

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
I ordered the burner, but I can't order the sink because I don't really know what's the size.
Amazon says its 18x15 other say its 18x13, so I'll order the sink as soon as I'll measure the burner.
While I'm writing this note the bell rings and FedEx arrives with the burner . . .
And the verdict, Amazon wrong.
The burner is 13x18.
AND THEY SENT ME NOT WHAT I ORDERED . . .

yzeevy

Adventurer
Someone is interested in buying some of the Whelen 900 Series Strobe Reflectors.
He is asking if he can use them without a power supply / strobe control unit.
Can he?! I have no idea!

Treenail

Adventurer
Yzeevy

The hinges look like the same ones on my futon couch from IKEA. Look at thrift stores or on the curb on recycling day

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven