Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

patoz

Expedition Leader
OK, so the problem with the switch has been corrected, the fuse has been replaced, and all is well in the conversion world, right?

yzeevy

Adventurer
Did you follow the link? That's Bus Depot, which is a US company, reselling parts here. I've ordered those exact hinges from them.
I looked in but I was busy with my blown fuse.
What the size of your bed?
I plan a Twin size 39x75.
The mattress I want to cut 16 back and 23 sit
That means that the bottom has to slide out 14-16" to make place for the back.

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
OK, so the problem with the switch has been corrected, the fuse has been replaced, and all is well in the conversion world, right?
One bump at a time.
I received today the water pump.
I also received, the second time, the top burner and again the one I didn't order.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Pat, I have to say, you're INCREDIBLY patient and helpful...as in mind-blowingly so. This forum (et al) owe you BIG time.
Thank you for your continued service and knowledge sir. Just notify where to send the bill. :)

-Jeremy

patoz

Expedition Leader
Pat, I have to say, you're INCREDIBLY patient and helpful...as in mind-blowingly so. This forum (et al) owe you BIG time.
Thank you for your continued service and knowledge sir. Just notify where to send the bill. :)

-Jeremy

awww.gif~c200

yzeevy

Adventurer

-Jeremy
Agree 100%
Thanks

patoz

Expedition Leader
I haven't used any of these yet, but about a year ago I did some research on them for use with my hurricane supplies I keep at home (I live in hurricane alley).

From what I found they look like they would also be perfect for camping or for use in an RV. They are a little pricey, but they are very durable, UV protected, they stack and interlock for storage or transport, they come in different colors, they can be used to store liquids (no fuels or flammables), solid foods, medical and survival supplies, etc.

31fhjmGQYJL._AA240_QL65_.jpg

Amazon also sells them, along with some accessories that are not on the WaterBrick website, such as...

31qt8aAjXZL._AA240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

415oK6p3FZL._AA240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

41SZ1AlgUBL._AA240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

yzeevy

Adventurer
I haven't used any of these yet, but about a year ago I did some research on them for use with my hurricane supplies I keep at home (I live in hurricane alley).

From what I found they look like they would also be perfect for camping or for use in an RV. They are a little pricey, but they are very durable, UV protected, they stack and interlock for storage or transport, they come in different colors, they can be used to store liquids (no fuels or flammables), solid foods, medical and survival supplies, etc.

31fhjmGQYJL._AA240_QL65_.jpg

Amazon also sells them, along with some accessories that are not on the WaterBrick website, such as...

31qt8aAjXZL._AA240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

415oK6p3FZL._AA240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

41SZ1AlgUBL._AA240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg
I might be able to squeeze in 5 of them if their sizes are accurate.
Sent massage to company

yzeevy

Adventurer
Friendly warning!
Be careful what you order and check what they sent you.
I thing its a trend, you order and pay for a product, and they send you a chipper version.
Amazon sent TWICE a similar burner and PPL sent me the Shurflo A65 version
that comes without accessories and only one year warranty.

Last edited:
I use these, they are great. Stack together securely, easier to carry and fill, smaller size I store 2 in back under bed and rotate with a 3rd we keep in front that has a dispensing valve, freeze just fine, and square shape is great for mounting/strapping. The blue valve/lid is standard and available at Cabela's, local whitewater shop, etc. - same thread as 5-gallon jugs.

OK, back to business,
Did someone tried this water tanks?
They can be practical
http://www.waterbrick.org/product.php?productid=4
http://www.waterbrick.org/product.php?productid=13

yzeevy

Adventurer
I use these, they are great. Stack together securely, easier to carry and fill, smaller size I store 2 in back under bed and rotate with a 3rd we keep in front that has a dispensing valve, freeze just fine, and square shape is great for mounting/strapping. The blue valve/lid is standard and available at Cabela's, local whitewater shop, etc. - same thread as 5-gallon jugs.
So you use them one at a time?
I have a compartment in which I might be able to squeeze in 5 together, connect them thru the
breathing points and fill them thru the main cap. This way I have a big tank of 17 gallons.
Although, now that I think of it, it might be easier to fill and carry 3.5 gallons at a time.
I sent an email to the manufacturer asking for the exact sizes but didn't received an answer.
Are you able (technically) to measure accurately the sizes of this container?

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
From the day I removed them, I'm trying to sell the emergency lights and accessories.
Posted in Craigslist Auto Parts.
I emailed the link to 25 ambulance companies, letting them know about the sale.
Nothing, nada, zilch, not even one respond!
Is that normal or I am doing something wrong?
Is there other places I should post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven