Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

patoz

Expedition Leader
From the day I removed them, I'm trying to sell the emergency lights and accessories.
Posted in Craigslist Auto Parts.
I emailed the link to 25 ambulance companies, letting them know about the sale.
Nothing, nada, zilch, not even one respond!
Is that normal or I am doing something wrong?
Is there other places I should post?

I might be interested in some of them. Do you have a link to the ad so I can see what you have?

yzeevy

Adventurer
Good to know!
As an AMBO veteran:
I have this air dump system, basically lifting and lowering the back.
I have noticed that the back goes down in a few hours definitely over night.
Is this a normal rate or I have a abnormal leak?
Thanks

patoz

Expedition Leader
As an AMBO veteran:
I have this air dump system, basically lifting and lowering the back.
I have noticed that the back goes down in a few hours definitely over night.
Is this a normal rate or I have a abnormal leak?
Thanks

It should not go down at all...you must have a leak somewhere.

Charge up the air system, and then check each hose fitting with a solution made of dishwashing liquid and water (a mix of 50/50 is good) using a small brush or spray bottle. Look for any bubbles.

bobrenz

Observer
Ambulances are now all LED lighting, so they probably won't want any incandescent lighting, plus any ambulance companies would be very reluctant to buy any used equipment due to liability concerns. Used ambulance parts are difficult to sell, except at a nearly scrap price.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Ambulances are now all LED lighting, so they probably won't want any incandescent lighting, plus any ambulance companies would be very reluctant to buy any used equipment due to liability concerns. Used ambulance parts are difficult to sell, except at a nearly scrap price.
But I didn't received not even a "nearly scrap price" offer.
Besides, for a "nearly scrap price" I rather make me a nice camp fire and toss everything in.

rlrenz

Explorer
Since the ambulance companies you contacted probably wanted LED lights and new interior components, they probably wouldn't want the parts you have, even at scrap prices since the parts were useless to them.

Last edited:
Yep, I use the 3.5 gallon jugs one at a time - strapped to a hinged shelf so the rear can be raised for dispensing when below 1/2 way point. When empty, just swap with one of the other 2 containers. Connecting them together in an attempt to use them as one large tank sounds complicated, more complicated and expensive than a custom-sized fresh water tank. The 3.5 gal Waterbrick containers are 9"x18"x6" height, I don't have a CAD drawing.

http://www.plasticwatertanks.com/c/rnv1r/rv-water-tanks-for-sale

So you use them one at a time?
I have a compartment in which I might be able to squeeze in 5 together, connect them thru the
breathing points and fill them thru the main cap. This way I have a big tank of 17 gallons.
Although, now that I think of it, it might be easier to fill and carry 3.5 gallons at a time.
I sent an email to the manufacturer asking for the exact sizes but didn't received an answer.
Are you able (technically) to measure accurately the sizes of this container?

yzeevy

Adventurer
Yep, I use the 3.5 gallon jugs one at a time - strapped to a hinged shelf so the rear can be raised for dispensing when below 1/2 way point. When empty, just swap with one of the other 2 containers. Connecting them together in an attempt to use them as one large tank sounds complicated, more complicated and expensive than a custom-sized fresh water tank. The 3.5 gal Waterbrick containers are 9"x18"x6" height, I don't have a CAD drawing.

http://www.plasticwatertanks.com/c/rnv1r/rv-water-tanks-for-sale
Thanks, I didn't know about this company

patoz

Expedition Leader
Can you tell me what the voltage on your Trojans when they are fully charged?

Not at the moment, because I haven't charged them in about a month. But, I'm glad you reminded me because I need to do that, and I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Right now, all of the shore power wiring is disconnected, so I'll have to run an extension cord inside to a portable charger. It's raining on and off here right now and will be all week, so I may have to wait a couple of days.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Not at the moment, because I haven't charged them in about a month. But, I'm glad you reminded me because I need to do that, and I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Right now, all of the shore power wiring is disconnected, so I'll have to run an extension cord inside to a portable charger. It's raining on and off here right now and will be all week, so I may have to wait a couple of days.
Oh, I meant generally, any time

rlrenz

Explorer
Pat, you've got the 6 volt Trojans, don't you?

We hashed deep cycle batteries around a long time ago, and I remember a comment somewhere along the line that two 6-volt Trojans would result in about twice as many amp hours as one 12 volt deep cycle for about the same price. I'm planning on using two 6-volt Trojans in series.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Pat, you've got the 6 volt Trojans, don't you?

We hashed deep cycle batteries around a long time ago, and I remember a comment somewhere along the line that two 6-volt Trojans would result in about twice as many amp hours as one 12 volt deep cycle for about the same price. I'm planning on using two 6-volt Trojans in series.

Yeah Bob, I have two T-105s in series. I posted this comment on this thread (#194) a while back, so rather than rewrite it...

When you figure up the Rated AH Capacity for each, the two 6VDC Trojan T-105s in series have 225 AH total and the 12VDC Lifeline Group 31T only has 105 AH. So, putting two of these (31T) in parallel still only gives you 210 AH total. Now the kicker is: Trojan T-105 @ $150.00 x 2 = $300.00 and Lifeline Group 31T @ $325.00 x 2 = $650.00.

So, I saved $325.00 and gained 15 AH by going with the 6VDC Trojans.

Here is the Trojan T-105 Data Sheet, so check my figures. If I understand it correctly, the 20 hr. Rate is the standard which is used to compare batteries.

The generally accepted AH rating time period for batteries used in solar electric and backup power systems (and for nearly all deep cycle batteries) is the "20 hour rate".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven