Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Just ask yourself the reverse of that question. Why mount it on a shelf and take up very valuable storage space, when you can mount it up and out of the way. When we load out one of these units to meet the Federal requirements, there is no left over space to play with.

However, looking at your picture, it could have been mounted on top of the shelf it's mounted to now, but then it would be in the way of getting to the electrical components and wiring if they needed to be serviced.
Well, there are 3-4 components and I'm going to move them to the left and move the compressor up.
There is a screen in front of the opening and the whole thing will be secured and much safer.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Nothing wrong with that, and I would probably do that also. Sometimes, I think things are arranged more to suit the builders than they are the users.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Nothing wrong with that, and I would probably do that also. Sometimes, I think things are arranged more to suit the builders than they are the users.
My laptop surprised me this morning. A major upgrade to his windows.
After two hours it was 45%, so I went shopping.
Here are the pictures you asked for. If you need more just let me know.
DSC_0947_045.jpg
DSC_0949_046.jpg
DSC_0950_047.jpg
DSC_0951_048.JPG
DSC_0952_049.JPG
DSC_0953_050.JPG
DSC_0954_051.JPG

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Hey, those are great and just what I needed! Plus, they help me understand where and what you actually have on the control panels as far as answering questions for you.

Now, I just need a set of seats like those you have, because mine are very uncomfortable.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Hey, those are great and just what I needed! Plus, they help me understand where and what you actually have on the control panels as far as answering questions for you.

Now, I just need a set of seats like those you have, because mine are very uncomfortable.
The originals were not Captain?

patoz

Expedition Leader
The originals were not Captain?

No, I'm talking about seats for my F250, not my ambulance. My ambulance is now a trailer, remember? The F250 XLT is an Extended Cab an has seats that look like this...

url.jpg

I took out the center section and am using a temporary universal console, which is why I want to add the center console like you have. These seats have very little padding under the thigh area, and after an hour or two of driving my legs start going numb. These have the belt retractors located in the shoulder area of the seats also, making it impossible to find generic seat covers or seat back organizers that will fit.

Apparently, in 2002 this vehicle came with a regular high back seat and seat belt arrangement, so I guess I need to look at older truck models for these items.

40654481.jpg

yzeevy

Adventurer
No, I'm talking about seats for my F250, not my ambulance. My ambulance is now a trailer, remember? The F250 XLT is an Extended Cab an has seats that look like this...

I took out the center section and am using a temporary universal console, which is why I want to add the center console like you have. These seats have very little padding under the thigh area, and after an hour or two of driving my legs start going numb. These have the belt retractors located in the shoulder area of the seats also, making it impossible to find generic seat covers or seat back organizers that will fit.

Apparently, in 2002 this vehicle came with a regular high back seat and seat belt arrangement, so I guess I need to look at older truck models for these items.

]
Oh, I know you have a headless AMBO. :)
Can't you reupholster the seats or add a cushion?
I don't know how many switches you'll have on your console and what kind of head room you have
but have you considered an over head console?
Leader locates his consoles over head in the center.

yzeevy

Adventurer
No empty space wasted.
There are 8" between the spare and the door so I bought these
flower window boxes at Lowe's and installed them . . .
20151227_120246_052.JPG

huskyhauler

Adventurer
My laptop surprised me this morning. A major upgrade to his windows.
After two hours it was 45%, so I went shopping.
Here are the pictures you asked for. If you need more just let me know.
View attachment 321550
View attachment 321551
View attachment 321552
View attachment 321553
View attachment 321554
View attachment 321555
View attachment 321556

That's a good looking rig! There doesn't appear to be any wear in the cabin! I also like the location of your idle control. It's out of the way of kid and dogs crawling around. Mind is located face up in the middle of the console. I had to fabricate a hinged cover to block mine as my dog (boxer) likes to stand exactly on top of it so she can see out the windshield.

bobrenz

Observer
That's a beautiful cab! Most ambulances are "rode hard and put away wet", and the seats are usually totally dead by the time we get them.

yzeevy

Adventurer
New year new issues

Hope you all had a nice holiday and a new years celebration,
Wheeled Coach using a lot of Velcro to attach things.
The problem starts after removing the things and the Velcro stripes.
Turns out that while the stripes come off with a slight effort the GLUE
stripes stays stuck, apparently for ever.
Tried alcohol, thinner, acetone and nothing.
Any advise?
Partially installed today the "first draft" of the bed.
I think I might have a length problem . . . "no pun intended"
20160101_152112_053.JPG
20160101_152336_054.JPG

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Your planter boxes are perfect for Valentine's Day. ;)
Cab looks super clean.
Excited to see the progression.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Hope you all had a nice holiday and a new years celebration,

Wheeled Coach using a lot of Velcro to attach things.
The problem starts after removing the things and the Velcro stripes.
Turns out that while the stripes come off with a slight effort the GLUE
stripes stays stuck, apparently for ever.
Tried alcohol, thinner, acetone and nothing.

Any advise?

Partially installed today the "first draft" of the bed.
I think I might have a length problem . . . "no pun intended"

Yeah, that industrial grade velcro is some good stuff. When I first tried to remove my crew bench back, I studied it for a while and then started just pulling on it. I finally had to put my foot against the wall and then pull to get it to come loose.

I haven't removed any of the velcro, because I'm not at that point yet, so I can't really help you with the glue removal. I bought a couple of rolls of the velcro to use in other places, and it has it's own adhesive backing that you just peel and stick, so I'm assuming this is the glue you're dealing with. Is it soft and sticky or hard and dry?

The only thing I can suggest is, if it's hard and dry you may be able to carefully apply some mild heat from a heat gun or hair dryer, and then try some solvent of some type. If it has a thick build up, you may have to scrape or sand it down as much as possible first.

Good luck and let me know what works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven