Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
The bad thing is, it was probably worth at least somewhere around that $20k as a used Ambulance. In it's current state its no longer suitable as an ambulance and most likely worth considerably less. I kind of feel for the OP but I'm thinking he didn't buy this one right. He paid ambulance price, when he should have been looking to pay "retired" ambulance price.

Good point. It would have made a terrifically reliable ambo for some agency, and lasted them a LONG time saving lives.
Would have been better to start with an $8000 Type1 instead.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Good point. It would have made a terrifically reliable ambo for some agency, and lasted them a LONG time saving lives.
Would have been better to start with an $8000 Type1 instead.
I think I understand what really bugs you.
You saw the add on Fentonfire but, while drooling all over your keyboard,
You just couldn't afford it or worst
I snatched it a "minute" before you, so now you are green with envy or
You are just a regular SCHMOCK . . .

Last edited:

huskyhauler

Adventurer
Yveezy, you need to settle down a bit.

You knew nothing about ambulances before asking for free help on this site. You then cut up the box and installed some plywood, and are expecting someone to pay $30k for it. It's no longer a working ambulance, so that market is out. It's not a working camper, so that market is out. No one, and I say this carefully, NO ONE, is going to pay $30k for it in it's current state. The only way you get that price is if you finish building it out. However, as you've probably discovered, that's an expensive chore. While you may be over your head it won't change the condition of the vehicle's current state and the market.

$30k can buy an already built, turn-key, fully functional 4x4 rig.

Your ambulance was worth your initial buying price of $20k as a working ambulance, being sold as an ambulance, to be used as an ambulance. However, it will never be a working ambulance ambulance again. You are forced to go after the private market. The private utility market isn't going to shell out $30k for a rig they plan to turn into a plumbing or locksmith truck. The private RV market is not going to shell out $30k for a vehicle they are going to need to completely build out.

You can go on asking $30k for it, but you're not going to see it. $10k is a more reasonable starting price in it's present state. You could probably get $15k with an unfinished build that includes a bed with a mattress, a working sink and kitchen, fridge/freezer, and mounted TV. But I wouldn't hope for much more than that.

Now, are you planning on selling it or keeping it?

yzeevy

Adventurer
Yveezy, you need to settle down a bit.

You knew nothing about ambulances before asking for free help on this site. You then cut up the box and installed some plywood, and are expecting someone to pay $30k for it. It's no longer a working ambulance, so that market is out. It's not a working camper, so that market is out. No one, and I say this carefully, NO ONE, is going to pay $30k for it in it's current state. The only way you get that price is if you finish building it out. However, as you've probably discovered, that's an expensive chore. While you may be over your head it won't change the condition of the vehicle's current state and the market.

$30k can buy an already built, turn-key, fully functional 4x4 rig.

Your ambulance was worth your initial buying price of $20k as a working ambulance, being sold as an ambulance, to be used as an ambulance. However, it will never be a working ambulance ambulance again. You are forced to go after the private market. The private utility market isn't going to shell out $30k for a rig they plan to turn into a plumbing or locksmith truck. The private RV market is not going to shell out $30k for a vehicle they are going to need to completely build out.

You can go on asking $30k for it, but you're not going to see it. $10k is a more reasonable starting price in it's present state. You could probably get $15k with an unfinished build that includes a bed with a mattress, a working sink and kitchen, fridge/freezer, and mounted TV. But I wouldn't hope for much more than that.

Now, are you planning on selling it or keeping it?
BUUUT, THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS ! ! ! Its not yours nor anyone else's business
what are my considerations and why I'm doing whatever.
You don't like it ignore it, you don't like that, stay out of my Thread.
Contributing your knowledge enriched many other not only me, I didn't forced anyone, I asked nicely.

huskyhauler

Adventurer
BUUUT, THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS ! ! ! Its not yours nor anyone else's business
what are my considerations and why I'm doing whatever.
You don't like it ignore it, you don't like that, stay out of my Thread.
Contributing your knowledge enriched many other not only me, I didn't forced anyone, I asked nicely.

Well, technically it's a potential buyer's business, which is why we are commenting.

Again, settle down. We are just trying to help. We don't own your rig, but instead are looking at it as if we would be potential buyers (because we have been buyers of ambulances in the past, so we have a bit of experience). If our help equates to explaining a more realistic selling price on a build thread that turned into a for-sale thread, so be it.

If you don't want your personal business being commented on don't post it online in such a forum. But since you have, you should really consider our advice instead of taking it personally.

cjken

Explorer
Good luck with your decision. I've enjoyed browsing this thread. I vote you keep it and turn it into the sweet adventure rig that it deserves to be!!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Well, technically it's a potential buyer's business, which is why we are commenting.

Again, settle down. We are just trying to help. We don't own your rig, but instead are looking at it as if we would be potential buyers (because we have been buyers of ambulances in the past, so we have a bit of experience). If our help equates to explaining a more realistic selling price on a build thread that turned into a for-sale thread, so be it.

If you don't want your personal business being commented on don't post it online in such a forum. But since you have, you should really consider our advice instead of taking it personally.

Indeed.
As as potential buyer, I've asked you a few times yzeevy and you still haven't answered; what have you done to the rig since you've bought it to signify a $10k+ increase in asking price? From what I've seen so far;
-Cut up the interior
-Cut the air susp line
-Add plywood shelves and squad bench platform
-Add some potting plant holders to exterior compartment
-Add 2 Trojan batteries in exterior compartment
-Add Westinghouse generator in exterior compartment
-What else am I missing?

Last edited:

barukinzs

Observer
End the end, it is his rig. It is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it. Why get worked up over nothing?

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
If I win the powerball tonight I'm going to buy this rig for what it is actually worth and then give it to Jeremy.

Haha, thanks MG. ;)
I guess "the customer is king" colloquialism is no longer applicable in today's society....potential customers/buyers being dismissed and chastised for asking questions about what's included in a rig for X price. :rolleyes:
Time to look elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven