Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

Gtdad

Adventurer
Just FYI in case you didn't know, 5 gals. of water will weigh right at 42 lbs.

Have you thought about using one of these Portable Telescoping Extension Collapsible Ladders? They come in various lengths, so you could get the one that right for your vehicle.

61zPPqsXWZL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Port...1457735878&sr=1-4&keywords=telescoping+ladder

It could be easily be stored in an exterior compartment where it would be secure from theft and out of the weather. Plus, you wouldn't have to climb UP to get the ladder DOWN so you can climb back UP!

Thank you for posting that , I'm getting one for sure

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Looks good, but what do you plan on carrying up there? Remember, it can't be anything much heavier than the light bar was, or you risk the danger of cracking the front wall and causing a leak.

Put a hitch on the rear and build a firewood carrier out of it.

Pretty sure i said that before.
08413cba884eed23cee34fbf875d3d71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
3ee058ba04ae3d0737110b142909fdc1.jpg

I read all this stuff and sit here and dream. Sigh someday, someday.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Dining table

Today was cleanup and junk day.
Turns out there is a floor in the back :)
I found these 4 plates which are located in a perfect place for a dining table.
20160315_192324_01.JPG
Anybody used this points for a table ?
Any ideas / suggestions ?

Last edited:

huskyhauler

Adventurer
Those are for holding the gurney in place so they are plenty strong and should support a table. A bolt will screw into the center hole easy enough so long as there isn't a long of crap stuck in the threads. Before I got motorcycles I used those bolt down fork-mounted bicycle mounts. I also thought about installing a table at that point but did not want anything that was even remotely permanent blocking the middle of the cabin. I need the center aisle open to transport the motorcycles while under way, and to be able to move around when the bed is deployed.

I haven't built it yet, but my plan for a table is to have a folding platform that is installed on the small wall/kick panel opposite the bed, the one that goes from the floor to the stainless counter. When stowed the table will sit vertical and flush against the kick panel. When deployed it will fold up and out and sit horizontally so that it can be used while sitting on the bed/couch.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
those were the mounting points for either screw down eyebolts for isolette tie downs, gurney antlers, gurney lock bar they should be stout as hell. you could make a table that screws in for dinner and folds up somehow when not in use. the staining on the floor makes those the antler mounts for either a center load or drivers load gurney location. looks more like a center load.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Those are for holding the gurney in place so they are plenty strong and should support a table. A bolt will screw into the center hole easy enough so long as there isn't a long of crap stuck in the threads. Before I got motorcycles I used those bolt down fork-mounted bicycle mounts. I also thought about installing a table at that point but did not want anything that was even remotely permanent blocking the middle of the cabin. I need the center aisle open to transport the motorcycles while under way, and to be able to move around when the bed is deployed.

I haven't built it yet, but my plan for a table is to have a folding platform that is installed on the small wall/kick panel opposite the bed, the one that goes from the floor to the stainless counter. When stowed the table will sit vertical and flush against the kick panel. When deployed it will fold up and out and sit horizontally so that it can be used while sitting on the bed/couch.
Thanks,
It turns out that I can't have any semi / permanent table because
I won't be able to open the refrigerator door, so a garden table will do.
While driving everything loose will be tied to the wall or floor.
BTW, you mentioned "fork-mounted bicycle mounts", do you have a pick or a link for these brackets?

rlrenz

Explorer
I also thought about using the gurney anchor points for a table, then I decided to use a table I already have -- a 2' x 4" folding table, with telescoping legs that fits perfectly in one of my side compartments. With the legs extended, it's 30" high, and with them collapsed, it drops down to about 24". That same side compartment also holds a 30" x 5' folding table as well.

yzeevy

Adventurer
I also thought about using the gurney anchor points for a table, then I decided to use a table I already have -- a 2' x 4" folding table, with telescoping legs that fits perfectly in one of my side compartments. With the legs extended, it's 30" high, and with them collapsed, it drops down to about 24". That same side compartment also holds a 30" x 5' folding table as well.
Yes, that what I need.
Do you have a link / pic ?

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
I'll give you credit for one thing, you do find some interesting things! I added that to my wish list, and I'm sure I'll find a use for it at some point.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
You could probably weld up a bike bracket pretty easy or have a buddy do it as side work.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I have this little personal table, which I have used camping on a couple of occasions. It is made by the same company that makes the one Bob posted above. It's 30" x 20" and adjust in height like an ironing board does. The offset legs make it convenient to use in front of the couch or a overstuffed chair, because you can get the table closer to you.

51pMNTjGQWL._SL1000_.jpg

However, when it's folded for storage, the legs take up a little extra space.

51j62TKHPHL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-2824..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=177Y6BFRWA5SQ1GNE03T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven