Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Water filter

I want to install a water filter.
As always there are many kind and I have a problem deciding.
Any recommendations ? !

patoz

Expedition Leader
Looks good, but what do you plan on carrying up there? Remember, it can't be anything much heavier than the light bar was, or you risk the danger of cracking the front wall and causing a leak.

Now, what I'm doing with the hitch part??

Put a hitch on the rear and build a firewood carrier out of it.

rlrenz

Explorer
I definitely agree with Pat - the brackets are just designed to hold a light bar, and depending on your wall structure, you may run into problems if too much weight is carried up there.

But that was really a nice way to come up with a cargo rack - adapting a hitch cargo carrier was a good idea!

yzeevy

Adventurer
rack

The whole idea came up after ordering a portable solar panel.
I wanted to have an option leaving out the panel, while I'm away,
without worrying that someone will run it over or steal it.
Inside the wall behind the arms there are two 3/8" aluminum plates welded to the frame.
Each arm is held with four 3/4" screws.
I plan to put there a 5 gallon solar shower bag, occasionally the solar panel and some rarely used stuff, maybe a ladder if I'll find the right size.

yzeevy

Adventurer
I definitely agree with Pat - the brackets are just designed to hold a light bar, and depending on your wall structure, you may run into problems if too much weight is carried up there.

But that was really a nice way to come up with a cargo rack - adapting a hitch cargo carrier was a good idea!
There are similar hitch racks made of metal and much stronger but of course much heavier.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Just FYI in case you didn't know, 5 gals. of water will weigh right at 42 lbs.

Have you thought about using one of these Portable Telescoping Extension Collapsible Ladders? They come in various lengths, so you could get the one that right for your vehicle.

61zPPqsXWZL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Port...1457735878&sr=1-4&keywords=telescoping+ladder

It could be easily be stored in an exterior compartment where it would be secure from theft and out of the weather. Plus, you wouldn't have to climb UP to get the ladder DOWN so you can climb back UP!

yzeevy

Adventurer
Just FYI in case you didn't know, 5 gals. of water will weigh right at 42 lbs.

Have you thought about using one of these Portable Telescoping Extension Collapsible Ladders? They come in various lengths, so you could get the one that right for your vehicle.

61zPPqsXWZL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Port...1457735878&sr=1-4&keywords=telescoping+ladder

It could be easily be stored in an exterior compartment where it would be secure from theft and out of the weather. Plus, you wouldn't have to climb UP to get the ladder DOWN so you can climb back UP!
I saw that and probably the best thing for me, although not so cheap.
Its wider than the rack but I'm sure i'll find a place for it.
And yes, it will brake the cycle of "if I can reach and remove the ladder why do I need him beginning with ? ! ? "

yzeevy

Adventurer
Kitchen

Finally ready, no hot water yet but I can fry an egg . . .
The flame is so clean its hard to see it.
20160313_175917_01.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven