Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

I just came back from a SS guy.

To cover the 25"x35" plywood, bending the edges and cutting out the
two openings - no sink of course - $500 roughly

thats ridiculous.

try

Special T Stainless
1942 East Edinger Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705 -
Phone: (714) 258-9444

thats who did my counters. i can't quote current prices, but 25"x35" is not big.

yzeevy

Adventurer
thats ridiculous.

try

Special T Stainless
1942 East Edinger Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705 -
Phone: (714) 258-9444

thats who did my counters. i can't quote current prices, but 25"x35" is not big.
Thanks, that's Los Angeles and here they lost any shame.
I went to two different places to order a Twin mattress made out from 4 pieces - $750 both places!

patoz

Expedition Leader
I've never even seen one but here it is on Amazon, and the reviews are not too bad, plus it's a little cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Kahuna-Portable-Shower/dp/B013IRIF8K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

It comes in three different sizes...4.7, 8.0, and 13.0 gals. My only concern would be lack of pressure. It looks like it has an internal pump and it powered via a cigarette lighter plug, which means it can't be much of a pump.

If you buy it from Amazon, at least you have 30 days to return it if you're not satisfied.

yzeevy

Adventurer
I've never even seen one but here it is on Amazon, and the reviews are not too bad, plus it's a little cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Kahuna-Portable-Shower/dp/B013IRIF8K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

It comes in three different sizes...4.7, 8.0, and 13.0 gals. My only concern would be lack of pressure. It looks like it has an internal pump and it powered via a cigarette lighter plug, which means it can't be much of a pump.

If you buy it from Amazon, at least you have 30 days to return it if you're not satisfied.
I have a location / ventilation problem installing a propane water heater.
I can install an electrical one but that might create a batteries problem, so I'm looking for alternatives.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Roof rack

Did someone made a roof rack from PVC tubing?? Like 1" with 1/8 walls??
Its very easy to work with, all you need is a tube catting tool and PVC glue.
The question is how reliable and strong can it be.

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Did someone made a roof rack from PVC tubing?? Like 1" with 1/8 walls??
Its very easy to work with, all you need is a tube catting tool and PVC glue.
The question is how reliable and strong can it be.

I've seen racks made from bent and welded EMT conduit, but I wouldn't use PVC. It's weight handling properties are very poor, and it's not UV stable, so you'd need to paint it. I just bought a Surco rack that's made from 3/4" aluminum tubing and the whole 45"x50" rack is VERY light (Amazon says 24lbs). I'd start there long before I considered something as fragile as PVC.

yzeevy

Adventurer
I've seen racks made from bent and welded EMT conduit, but I wouldn't use PVC. It's weight handling properties are very poor, and it's not UV stable, so you'd need to paint it. I just bought a Surco rack that's made from 3/4" aluminum tubing and the whole 45"x50" rack is VERY light (Amazon says 24lbs). I'd start there long before I considered something as fragile as PVC.
The thing is that I can't have a regular rack because I want a rack above the cabin.
I need a custom made, wide T shaped rack, sitting on the two front "horns".
DSC_0963.jpg

Last edited:

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
The thing is that I can't have a regular rack because I want a rack above the cabin.
I need a custom made, wide T shaped rack, sitting on the two front "horns".
View attachment 331812

PVC is not the correct material to build a roof rack out of. Hold a 10' piece of 1" at the end and look at how much deflection you get just under it's own weight.
Maybe consider using 80/20 aluminum extrusions for a custom shape without welding.

rlrenz

Explorer
PVC is definitely not the material to use for a rooftop rack. It will sag, plus, daylight's UV will degrade it. You need to either weld or bolt up something from aluminum extrusions. I wouldn't want to hang much weight you hang on those supports - they are just made to support a lightbar, and that's probably less than 15 pounds. You might need to add a diagonal brace from the end of the support down to the body.

yzeevy

Adventurer
I've never even seen one
Since you are the AMBO expert . . .
20160222_174258_01.JPG
I have these sliding glass doors, which I'm trying to remove.
Two of them are already cracked.
They are inserted very accurately, you can't lift them up a bit and pull them out
like regular sliding doors.
Do you know how can I remove them without smashing the glass?

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Look in the tracks themselves (the groves that the glass slides in) and you should see some very small philips head screws, probably two at each end at least. I haven't removed any of mine, so I can't tell you exactly how the frame comes out. It may come out intact or as sections.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Look in the tracks themselves (the groves that the glass slides in) and you should see some very small philips head screws, probably two at each end at least. I haven't removed any of mine, so I can't tell you exactly how the frame comes out. It may come out intact or as sections.
Mystery solved . . .
I found the two screws but I removed only from one track.
After removing from another track it moved out.
The whole frame is a 90 degree profile.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven