Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Please tell me you don't have the solar panels plugged directly into the 120VAC Shore Power inlet, because that's what it looks like! The panels put out 12VDC and must use a controller to stabilize and regulate the current, which should then be connected directly to the battery(s).

And, what is the gray Anderson connector with the heavy cables connected to?

yzeevy

Adventurer
Please tell me you don't have the solar panels plugged directly into the 120VAC Shore Power inlet, because that's what it looks like! The panels put out 12VDC and must use a controller to stabilize and regulate the current, which should then be connected directly to the battery(s).

And, what is the gray Anderson connector with the heavy cables connected to?
If you look above the left door you'll see the bottom of the shore line connector, OEM.
The Anderson plug is a "jumper" point for the starter batteries.
I'm trying for long time to find one and no way, just the small one.
The solar connector, although is for 120AC, is wired to the golf cart batteries.

patoz

Expedition Leader
So, you're saying the solar panels are NOT plugged into the OEM Shore Power inlet?

Then is that two conductor, with no outer jacket or ground, spliced wire your Shore Power Cable? If so, that is an accident looking for a place to happen. The Shore Power cable for 15A or 20A service should be one continuous section of 12/3 rubber jacketed cable.

The solar connector, although is for 120AC, is wired to the golf cart batteries.

Or, are you saying that you rewired the OEM Shore Power inlet directly to the batteries, and you now no longer have a way to plug in an actual shore power cable? If so, what are you going to do on cloudy or rainy days?

yzeevy

Adventurer
Apropos RED, I have an idea sticking black / yellow big round vinyl decals all over the box.
Kind of a red Dalmatian or a giant beetle.:wings:
Does anyone know where can I find precut pieces?

yzeevy

Adventurer
So, you're saying the solar panels are NOT plugged into the OEM Shore Power inlet?

Then is that two conductor, with no outer jacket or ground, spliced wire your Shore Power Cable? If so, that is an accident looking for a place to happen. The Shore Power cable for 15A or 20A service should be one continuous section of 12/3 rubber jacketed cable.

Or, are you saying that you rewired the OEM Shore Power inlet directly to the batteries, and you now no longer have a way to plug in an actual shore power cable? If so, what are you going to do on cloudy or rainy days?
20160319_152258_03_01.JPG

yzeevy

Adventurer
I saw once someone installing some nets between the wall and the ceiling
and used it for light loose stuff.
I would like to use up this space, any ideas / suggestions ?
20160321_113849_01.JPG
Thanks

rlrenz

Explorer
I bought some form Amazon - look for "cargo nets". They also had the half-loop anchors, and the 2" & 3" carabiners I needed to build the whole package

rlrenz

Explorer
I wish they made a version of this that folded in half, but so far I haven't found one. I have a rear facing compartment on the left rear corner, which is 36"H x 12"W x 30"D that would be perfect for it. Right now that compartment is designated for my Zero Gravity Lounger! :agree:

I just found a version that folds in half: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...RID=1S582HQ77ZSJQVGHCN1C&ref_=pd_lutyp_im_1_4

Amazon, naturally. The only challenge is that it's a fixed height, but it wouldn't be too hard to at least shorten it up a little:

folding table.JPG

patoz

Expedition Leader
I just found a version that folds in half: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TY7210?dpID=31HJjLD1s0L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1S582HQ77ZSJQVGHCN1C&ref_=pd_lutyp_im_1_4

Amazon, naturally. The only challenge is that it's a fixed height, but it wouldn't be too hard to at least shorten it up a little:

View attachment 336145

Apparently, the height can be adjusted to two different levels by adding leg extensions, it just takes a little more work.

Overall Dimensions: 48"L x 24"W x 29.25"H with leg extensions (included) or 19.75" without extensions

patoz

Expedition Leader
Hold the phone…how did we miss this one…

Lifetime 4428 Height Adjustable Folding Utility Table, 48 by 24 Inches, White Granite

91NuLkeBxjL._SL1500_.jpg

• Powder-coated steel and high-density polyethylene (hdpe) plastic
  • 48-inch x 24-inch molded tabletop
  • Folds in half for storage and transport
  • Three Adjustable Height Settings; (22-Inch, 29-Inch and 36-Inch)
  • Convenient carry handle

http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-4428-Adjustable-Folding-Utility/dp/B003YJPC2A/ref=pd_sbs_196_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=31MUvQhsBaL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1K6MZQE3XBZWD6CHJ5E9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven