Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

huskyhauler

Adventurer
I do hope so, thanks!

I would recommend spending a weekend in it, even if it's only outside your house. That way you can trouble shoot issues and problems while still within easy access of stores, supplies and materials.

I strongly urge you to consider a dedicated sewer exit for your gray water. That blue container will fill quickly, and from the looks of it, overflow into your compartment.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Considering that my work bench is a Costco shopping cart, it came out quite nice and fits perfect . . .
20160324_150752_01.JPG
20160324_155823_01.JPG
20160324_155914_01.JPG
20160324_161314_01.JPG
20160324_170458_01.JPG
20160324_170543_01.JPG

yzeevy

Adventurer
I have the 7.3L and he has a "funny" problem.
After about an hour of running / driving there is a small, one time, puddle of oil beneath the engine.
There is no leak when the engine is not cold or after a short run.
I changed oil in Denver and they filled oil above the MAX sign.
Its possible that the engine is trying to get rid of the extra oil (wishful thinking)?!
I know that the 7.3 has a "gentle" HPOP.
Anyone familiar with this issue?
Thanks

gtbensley

Explorer
I have the 7.3L and he has a "funny" problem.
After about an hour of running / driving there is a small, one time, puddle of oil beneath the engine.
There is no leak when the engine is not cold or after a short run.
I changed oil in Denver and they filled oil above the MAX sign.
Its possible that the engine is trying to get rid of the extra oil (wishful thinking)?!
I know that the 7.3 has a "gentle" HPOP.
Anyone familiar with this issue?
Thanks

You could have a leak on top of the engine around the turbo area that fills the valley. This will drain out through the small hole onto the ground. Takes a while to appear as it must fill the valley first and once drained it wont continue to leak. That is where I would check first.

My ICP valve was leaking through the electrical plug causing the exact same issue you have. Took me a bit to figure out the oil was coming from the top of the motor.

yzeevy

Adventurer
You could have a leak on top of the engine around the turbo area that fills the valley. This will drain out through the small hole onto the ground. Takes a while to appear as it must fill the valley first and once drained it wont continue to leak. That is where I would check first.

My ICP valve was leaking through the electrical plug causing the exact same issue you have. Took me a bit to figure out the oil was coming from the top of the motor.
Thanks,

You probably right. I received similar responds from two Diesel sites.
I have to find a way to find that valley thru the jungle that covers everything.

gtbensley

Explorer
Thanks,

You probably right. I received similar responds from two Diesel sites.
I have to find a way to find that valley thru the jungle that covers everything.

Its actually pretty easy on the van because it all slopes to the rear to under the turbo. Take the dog box off and look for any oil in the valley, if its there just clean it up and then run it. Watch to see where it comes from.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Its actually pretty easy on the van because it all slopes to the rear to under the turbo. Take the dog box off and look for any oil in the valley, if its there just clean it up and then run it. Watch to see where it comes from.
I have incriminating evidence . . .
20160404_095720_01.JPG
20160404_100035_01.JPG
20160404_100256_01.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven