Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

patoz

Expedition Leader
They provide the extensions? I didn't see that.

It appears they are included.

I would look at the last one I posted. It has telescoping legs, so no removable parts to put together. However, some of the reviews are saying it's pretty unstable at the 36" height, so read the reviews first and make your own decision.

yzeevy

Adventurer
It appears they are included.

I would look at the last one I posted. It has telescoping legs, so no removable parts to put together. However, some of the reviews are saying it's pretty unstable at the 36" height, so read the reviews first and make your own decision.
I ordered thee one rirenz found

yzeevy

Adventurer
So, today I finished the water system, including a water filter.
Those shark connectors are excellent. I hope they hold for long time.
20160323_115216_01.JPG
My concern is, since the filter is just hanging there and probably
heavy full with water, maybe I should make a support.
Any suggestions ?
I don't think removing it before every drive its practical, or maybe is?
This is my version of a attendant seat . . .
20160323_184828_01.JPG
That what the charge controller showed around 3pm, nice sunny day.
20160323_162255_01.JPG
Its very important to adjust the panel, for maximum output.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Yes, I would definitely support that filter. If it moves around much it could develop stress cracks and then...water everywhere! Maybe you could use a big hose clamp around it and some kind of bracket mounted on the wall behind it, or a small fire extinguisher bracket if the size is close, which it looks like it is.

I can't tell from the picture, but does your blue drain cans have an air vent in them? Or is there air space around the hose where it enters the lid? If the cans are not vented, the back pressure will prevent water from entering them after just a little bit of use.

It's looking good, and you're making good progress too!

yzeevy

Adventurer
Yes, I would definitely support that filter. If it moves around much it could develop stress cracks and then...water everywhere! Maybe you could use a big hose clamp around it and some kind of bracket mounted on the wall behind it, or a small fire extinguisher bracket if the size is close, which it looks like it is.

I can't tell from the picture, but does your blue drain cans have an air vent in them? Or is there air space around the hose where it enters the lid? If the cans are not vented, the back pressure will prevent water from entering them after just a little bit of use.

It's looking good, and you're making good progress too!
Luckily the hose slides in snugly but free.
I don't tighten the lid all the way and there is a small vent plug across the lid.

huskyhauler

Adventurer
You should set up a splitter for your gray water exits and fresh water inlets. That way you can easily hook up to water and sewer lines when available.

Here's my setup:

Freshwater:

City water source : pressure control check valve: inline filter : potable hose line : RV freshwater inlet connector mounted on the underside of a compartment : freshwater hose line : manual check valve : [splitter 1].

Freshwater tank source : potable hose line : water pump : manual check valve : [splitter 1].

[splitter 1] : faucet

Note that I do not currently have a hot water unit. When I do install one, it will be in the final line after the splitter.

Greywater

Sink drain : hose line : RV grey water exit connector mounted on the underside of a compartment : (from here I either attach a water hose designated for grey water use to link to the sewer drain, or I attach a sealed, water tight expandable grey water storage bag. For longer stays I attach a splitter to connect to bags. They are cheap and work well. When properly installed they don't leak and seal for "safe"transport to a dump station. The exact units I use are a Zebra 7701 covered bags.

I wire the water pump to be controlled by a switch on the rear box switch panel. This way I can turn it on and off easily when I'm using the sink. However, instead of using the stock wiring, I tapped into the wiring for the former IV fluid warming tray which I deleted as it sees 12 volts at all times where the rear panel is on or off. This allows me to use the water pump selectively when the ambulance is not connected to shore power or being powered by the generator.

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
You should set up a splitter for your gray water exits and fresh water inlets. That way you can easily hook up to water and sewer lines when available.

Here's my setup:

Freshwater:

City water source : pressure control check valve: inline filter : potable hose line : RV freshwater inlet connector mounted on the underside of a compartment : freshwater hose line : manual check valve : [splitter 1].

Freshwater tank source : potable hose line : water pump : manual check valve : [splitter 1].

Note that I do not currently have a hot water unit. When I do install one, it will be in the final line after the splitter.

Greywater

Sink drain : hose line : RV grey water exit connector mounted on the underside of a compartment : (from here I either attach a water hose designated for grey water use to link to the sewer drain, or I attach a sealed, water tight expandable grey water storage bag. For longer stays I attach a splitter to connect to bags. They are cheap and work well. When properly installed they don't leak and seal for "safe"transport to a dump station. The exact units I use are a Zebra 7701 covered bags.

I wire the water pump to be controlled by a switch on the rear box switch panel. This way I can turn it on and off easily when I'm using the sink. However, instead of using the stock wiring, I tapped into the wiring for the former IV fluid warming tray which I deleted as it sees 12 volts at all times where the rear panel is on or off. This allows me to use the water pump selectively when the ambulance is not connected to shore power or being powered by the generator.

Thanks for the heads up on the Zebra 7701 Gray Water Bags. I will be picking up a couple of these myself.

888849.jpg

yzeevy

Adventurer

Here's my setup:

Freshwater:

Greywater

I have so many ideas that I can probably play with the rig, easily, another 3 months.
If no surprises, in two weeks I'm on my way to Alaska, Yukon and Yellowstone & Grand Tetons.
Something like 6 months.
On the way I probably will make changes, improve things, add stuff but I can't miss this summer, I have to go.
BTW, I would love to caravan with folks heading my way . . .

patoz

Expedition Leader
In that case, you better hurry up! :)

Using it before you to get too committed to the preliminary design is one of the best things you can do. What looked like a great idea sitting in the parking lot, may not actually be so good once you get on the road and in the campsite. So this will allow you to tweak and adjust things before they become permanent.

Sounds like it's going to be a great trip!

yzeevy

Adventurer
In that case, you better hurry up! :)

Using it before you to get too committed to the preliminary design is one of the best things you can do. What looked like a great idea sitting in the parking lot, may not actually be so good once you get on the road and in the campsite. So this will allow you to tweak and adjust things before they become permanent.

Sounds like it's going to be a great trip!

I do hope so, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven