Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Yes. 'Manual' Solinoid as opposed to ACR ie Blue Sea ACR. Purpose to connect batteries together so both banks are charged.

I'd want a continuous duty solinoid that can handle the maximum charge that the bank of house batteries could draw when they're run flat. 100 A would likely be enough... 65 A seems low. When my house are low the ammeter shows 180 A+... Meaning the house bank is drawing 130 A+ since normal load is <50 A.

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
Yes. 'Manual' Solinoid as opposed to ACR ie Blue Sea ACR. Purpose to connect batteries together so both banks are charged.

I'd want a continuous duty solinoid that can handle the maximum charge that the bank of house batteries could draw when they're run flat. 100 A would likely be enough... 65 A seems low. When my house are low the ammeter shows 180 A+... Meaning the house bank is drawing 130 A+ since normal load is <50 A.

Thanks

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I pulled up the one at DieselORings.com, but they are available many different places. I've also been happy with his service.

The #16-009 White-Rodgers (Stancor) 586 902 Relay is just one of many out there also.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Flashing lights

So, after almost a year since I registered the AMBO as an RV,
4 months 15,000 miles round trip thru 4 states and Canada,
3 months after my return a police car stopped me and I got a citation for looking
to much like an emergency car.

After I begged him to let me out and show me what is all about, he pointed out . . .

DSC_9135.jpg

These are not black enough

DSC_9149.jpg

DSC_9153.jpg

RACK.jpg

These add to the "emergency look"

I told him that the last one came with the rack and has nothing to do with
the AMBO. He got confused for a second but did not answer.

Now I have a trial in January, traffic violation!

Last edited:

quickfarms

Adventurer
So, after almost a year since I registered the AMBO as an RV,
4 months 15,000 miles round trip thru 4 states and Canada,
3 months after my return a police car stopped me and I got a citation for looking
to much like an emergency car.

After I begged him to let me out and show me what is all about, he pointed out . . .

View attachment 371151

These are not black enough

View attachment 371152

View attachment 371153

View attachment 371160

These add to the "emergency look"

I told him that the last one came with the rack and has nothing to do with
the AMBO. He got confused for a second but did not answer.

Now I have a trial in January, traffic violation!

What is the vehicle code section?

I was at a truck show today and there was a whole row of fire trucks that still have all of there equipment and lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven